• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 741 Views, 7 Comments

Origins - THE MIGHTY PINKIE



The two alicorn sisters are left all alone after the war and go on a periless journey to find their missing parents

  • ...
4
 7
 741

Chapter 2

It was the hour of dawn for the third time since they had got the unfortunate news, as Luciana raised the sun she could see all of her most precious land around her. The forest was just waking up after the rest of the night, she was happy to see her kingdom was still intact and the castles around her were still standing. During the night Astro summoned their freinds and alicorns of the land to help fight the chaotic menaces about to invade. His closest friend and what he would close to be called a "Brother" was next to him and Luciana, his name was Untamed Darkness he was almost the same color as Astro but a slightly lighter shade of purple, he also had a dark green mane that was flowing in the wind.

The alicorns job was to keep the nocturnal animals of the night safe, as he and Astro would be up at the same time they would converse a lot and the two became inseparable.

"Astro" Untamed Darkness said worryngly

"Yes my friend" Astro said as he smiled at him, easing Untamed's worry

"If we don't make it... what will happen to the ponies we protect" he said turning back to Lucaina's sun rising in the distance

"Don't worry" Astro said as he put a hoof on Untamed's shoulder "we will... i know we will"

Untamed felt a little better knowing his best friend would be with him through the whole time, Untamed was a strong and independent alicorn but was prone to worry a lot and Astro always comforted him when he was. Astro knew however it would be a very slim chance that any of them survived.

As Luciana brought the sun up further the alicorns could see clearer into the distance, what they could see was not cheering, a dark shadow in the distance could be seen getting closer and closer by the second. Everypony knew what it was, it was the chaos bringers and there wasn't just one or two of them, closer inspection could reveal hundreds of draconequus could be seen, shaping the world around them and only leaving chaos in their wake.

Luciana walked forward and turned around with a confident and stern look on her face "It is time" Shouted Luciana so all the alicorns could hear her voice "Now is the time we stand, for it is with out might, our strength and our courage, we will be victorious."

The alicorns around cheered for their ruler, all of them brave but scared at the same time, but still wanting to do their duty.

"We fight for freedom, we fight for our pony subjects, we fight for the children, but most inportantly WE. FIGHT. FOR. EQUESTRIA!!"

The alicorns cheer for the second time chanting her last words over and over until they all swoop up into the air and fly directly for the enemy. before setting off Astro and Luciana kiss one more time and a tear rolls down each of their eyes, they share a moment in embrace knowing it could be their last. The couple fly up and fly with the other alicorns and Untamed Darkness was by their side.

~~~~

The battle raged on for what seemed like days, destruction and mayhem littering the outskirts of the land. The moon rose and lowered each night, the sun rose and lowered each night, over and over and over like a clock in the sky. Until nothing rose at all.

Weeks past and little Celestia and Luna's parents never came back, the little fillies were scared, ocasional rubles and cracks resounding from far away and stark blackness, the only thing outside. Celestia was angry at her parents, they promised that nothing was wrong, that she would be safe, that they all were safe. But she was sad as well sad that her mother and father were gone and had to go fight somepony, she knew this because she caught eye of her perents and the other alicorns racing off to what seemed like monsters and then ran back inside scared and crying.

Luna was tight in Celestias arms not letting go they were both crying, Celestia knew the truth of where they went but did not want to tell her sister that. Luna was crying because her parents had gone away with out any explanation and just cried and cried in Celestias arms. The girls stayed in the castle not wantig to leave as it was too scary for two young fillies to face alone, the girls were eating what was left in the kichens, which was still a lot and were sleeping in the library, they were both so comfy in their, that they made makeshift beds out of there own bed sheets.

"C-celly" Luna managed to pip out

"yes sis" said Celestia

"y-you can let go of me now"

"oh sorry" celestia let go of luna and smiled not only did it make luna feel better but it also made Celestia feel better as well

"its okay" luna said as she smiled back both unsure what to do next until they heard a loud CRASH!!

Both filles latched on to each other as fast as they could when Luna said

"i think we should keep hugging don't you"

"agreed" Celestia answerd

Luna always liked hugging Celestia, she was always so warm and her head rested snuggley into her neck but she never wanted to do it for too long incase she didn't want to hug anymore.

"wha-what do you think it was" Luna chirped out as the two stopped shaking

"i-i dunno" Celestia replied "its probably just the floor boards"

Luna looked up at celestia confused and was about to speak before the door to the library opened slowly and creaked a little, to two focused their eyes at the door, growing wide in response until something flew in putting out the candles covering the room giving it light. Luna screamed out.

"Luna" said Celestia trying to shout over the screaming luna

"LUNA!" shouted Celestia as she put her hoof in Lunas mouth to stop her screaming, they could barely see each other in the dark but could sense each others presence.

"its okay" Celestia said calmly, she then concentrated some magic into her horn and it began to glow bright gold, it was the illumination spell her father taught her. The area around them became light again, she wasn't as strong yet to cover the whole room but it still provided the light they wanted "see"

"Oh" luna said, she felt a little stupid for screaming like that.

The two smiled and laughed at what just happened

"Don't worry sis il always be here to help" Celestia said comforting luna

both had just forgotten that somthing had just flew in before they heard a small chirp behind them. the two jumped and turned around to see a small bird standing there watching them, Luna was suddenly overcame with joy as she rushed over and picked up the tiny bird in her hooves

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" Luna said repetedly " your the cutest little thing" Luna was squealing in so much happiness it was like that she had forgotten how to be sad.

"oh wow its a baby phoenix" Celestia said as she walked up to the baby and petted it as well not as exited as luna to see it though.

"ooooh its sooo cute, can we keep her celly?, can we? can we?" Luna was looking at Celestia with her puppy dog eyes, eyes that had yet to say no to

"oh okay" Celestia said in a cheesy grin

"really" said luna squealing at the same time

"she must have lost her parents, she must be awlfully lonely "

"shes just like us then"

Celestia cringed for a moment inside holding back a few tears by petting the bird on the head, the bird chirped in response

"oh she likes you celly" luna said grining at celestia

Luna was nuzzling the phoenix as she felt a tingle in the corner of her eye, she looked around to see a bright light coming from outside the Library

"Celly look"