• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 712 Views, 4 Comments

In Another Life III: A Human(e) Retelling - Bateman66



Forced to recollect on his experiences in the nightmarish Realm of Solitude and beyond, Alistair dwells into a region he’s long tried to forget. But, as the questions take a dark twist, he wonders if something more sinister is afoot.

  • ...
6
 4
 712

Introduction

ALISTAIR: BOOK III

THERE AND BACK AGAIN


It is a most unusual time in the history of Equestria. After nearly a generation of silence, a lone human has finally arrived within the nation’s borders, ending the mysterious absence of inter-dimensional activity that had lasted for nearly fifty years.

Discovering the human, dying and unconscious along the road, Twilight Sparkle took it upon herself to nurse and care for him once he was recuperated back to health. However, the decision to continue to care for the human prevailed in her mind and thus, he continues to live in her humble abode of Ponyville.

One month later, while still unfamiliar to the new world around him, the young human by the name of Alistair, was targeted by a mysterious organization bent on his capture for reasons unknown. Escaping from their clutches with the help of Twilight Sparkle and his two recently met companions, Commodore Blip and Jam-Roly-Poly, a sinister plot was evaded, allowing all to walk away unharmed.

However, knowing that the group would not be satisfied with this failure, Alistair wearily anticipates the fateful day when he will be attacked once again.

Now, months since this encounter, Alistair and Twilight Sparkle have been summoned to the University of Canterlot on request of the lead researcher in Human Studies, Professor Neuro Paraprax. Agreeing to the meeting, the two friends board an express train for Canterlot, curious to the Professor's wishes...