• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 1,073 Views, 10 Comments

Incoming Outgoing - Werdna



A story of finding a bit of life and lot of love with a certain pink mare.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,073

Prologue

A blink.

Two blinks.

Your eyes adjust themselves to the soft, yellowish light that filters into your room, illuminating the dust particles that roam freely through the air around you. You take in a deep breath and exhale slowly, stirring up the countless specks of matter and turning their usually mundane patterns of travel into anything but. It's a change that only lasts for a few seconds though, as it isn't before long that the dust begins to settle back down into its former state. You're sure that there's a metaphor or some piece of philosophy to be made about life in there somewhere, but you don't exactly see yourself as the pony to be the one to make it. At least, not this early in the morning. Hell, it's only...

...Only...What time is it any ways...?

In search of an answer, you turn your head to the left, expecting to see an alarm clock on the night stand beside your bed. To your dismay, however, no time piece is to be found. Instead, you observe a by-product of the past night; broken shards of glass scattered atop your night stand, or the remnants of what was once your bedside lamp. You note that the lampshade is not amongst the debris, and figure that the clock and the lampshade -along with other parts of the lamp- must have taken a tumble and landed on the floor together, but at the moment you find yourself too lazy to investigate the matter, opting to instead turn your head back to its original position, and fix your gaze upon the ceiling of your room. You cannot help but feel a little sad about your lamp though, as not only was it a rather nice looking lamp, but it also carried with it a bit of nostalgia, being one of the first pieces of décor you bought for your home when you first moved in. That, and you did drop 35 bits on it, which you didn't exactly consider to be a light sum of money. However, when taking into consideration all else that had happened the previous night, the breaking of your lamp was something you were fairly willing to overlook.

And what, exactly, had happened the previous night?

Well, you had been on a date. Your third one, actually, with a mare you have been seeing for several weeks. A date that included a train trip through a beautiful countryside, an amazing dinner at a high end Canterlot restaurant, a moonlit walk through empty Ponyville streets, and a fair bit of intimacy that resulted in your busted lamp.

Your mind starts to recall those events of the past night; a mischievous grin forming on your face as it begins recalling some of those more intimate events that took place. You would have liked to continue the naughty little images that had begun to play about in your head, but a slight shifting to the right of you on your bed snaps you out of your daydreaming.

Craning your neck ever so slightly to the right of you and shifting your eyes, the featureless white ceiling you had been staring at is all but replaced by a matted mess of pink mane that belongs to your bedside companion. Your eyes fixate on its cotton candy-esque appearance, and you smile at the sight of it, knowing full well the mare it belongs to.

Pinkie Pie

You heave a smitten sigh at the thought of her name, reciting it a couple times in your head. Her parents made a rather fitting decision to name her that, given the extreme pink-ness of both her coat and mane. You can't exactly say the same about yourself though, as your coat and mane give no indication as to your own name. Not that it bothered you or anything, as a simple observation was all that it was.

Speaking of observing...

Since turning your head to face Pinkie, all you had been facing was the back of her head, which admittedly, does not provide much of a view. That being the case, you carefully readjust your position on the bed so that you can view the rest of her, twisting your body so that while your lower half lay on its side, your forelegs rest behind you propping up the upper half of your body. It isn't exactly the most comfortable position, but the slight discomfort is worth it for the view of your sleeping lover.

Looking at Pinkie, the results of your heated night together are evident. For starters, neither of you are covered by bed sheets. Those happen to be crumpled up at the foot of your bed along with the mental note that they will endure either a very thorough washing or an equally thorough burning later on. As far is Pinkie is concerned though, her appearance is just as one would expect out of a mare who had a rather fun night; a dishevelled coat with matted spots of fur and a frazzled mane and tail, complete with random strands of hair popping out each and every direction. It's a rather humorous sight and you can't help but smile at it, though realise at the same time that your appearance is more or less the same. Despite the hectic appearance though, her sleep is one of serenity. About the only movement her body makes is the rising and falling of her midsection as she breathes. Considering how energetic she normally is (and in situations otherwise, wink wink), it's a rather bemusing sight to see her in such a dormant state. Still, that isn't to say that her mind isn't busy thinking about things though. It might even be working double time to cover for her current lack of consciousness. A quick look at her confirms such musings to some degree, as she currently wears a smile on her face, more than likely dreaming about something pleasant. You wonder if you're in her dreams though, and if you are, you wonder what exactly she's dreaming of; that smile having momentarily turned into what looked to be a bit of a smirk.

As you admire her though, you cannot help but feel a bit of disbelief in that you actually got to know her in the first place. After all, with such differences in your respective characters, it seemed to be a bit of a wonder that you were able to establish a friendship with Pinkie, much less an actual relationship with her. With Pinkie being a highly outgoing mare who lead a great social life, and you being a rather reserved stallion without much of one, it didn't seem all too likely that a connection between the two of you would spark.

And yet, one did, and you couldn't be happier.

A smile graces your lips as you think about all Pinkie that means to you. All the joy she brings to your life with not only her love, but with her undying friendship. Sure it may sound as cliché and sappy as all get out, but it's nothing less than the truth about how you feel towards her. Celestia be damned if you weren't willing to go through the gates of Tartarus and back in order to preserve the bond you have with her. It's a thought that fills you with a sense of pride and passion; the will to do damn near anything on the behalf of your beloved. The only thing it doesn't do -at least not at the moment, however- is give you energy to stay awake.

You can feel your body tire from holding your position on the bed. Your eyes flutter and your forelegs shiver behind you, having supported the weight of your upper body for longer than they should have. You're not exactly sure why you woke up so early in the first place, but with a tiring body and Pinkie still asleep, there isn't much to do except go back to sleep yourself; you dared not try and get up out of bed and potentially steal her away from her dreams.

Before turning in once more though, you glance over Pinkie one last time. Figuring it to be the gentlecoltly thing and reasoning that your sheets can't be too badly stained, you reach over and grab the bundled heap of bed sheets residing near the foot of your bed and carefully drape them over the both as you lay yourself back down. With your head now nestled in your pillow once again, you allow your eyes to close and a smile to form across your face as the memories of your time spent with Pinkie start to recall themselves.

Later in the day though, you'd definitely have to do something about cleaning your bed sheets.