• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 911 Views, 8 Comments

The Reign of Princess Twilight Sparkle - ShaD-23



General Tirek returns and is more poisonous an enemy than ever. As the world teeters on the brink, everypony fears Tirek wishes to resurrect his master. And what of Twilight and the whispers she hears in the night? Non-canon. In memory of Kiki Havivy

  • ...
1
 8
 911

Suspicion

Shining Armor and Cadence came to a stop in Ponyville, looking around the tranquil rural town as they stood on the train platform with their luggage cases, the Harbinger Blade slung to Shining Armor's side. The air was crisp with a hint of moister in the wind, a few dark clouds settling in as the train began to rattle off.

“A storm is coming.” said Spike as he walked up to them, holding a folded umbrella under his arm. “What's up, Shining Armor?”

“Hi Spike, it's been a while, eh?” he responded with a smile.

“An' Princess Cadence, it's been a long time since we just hung out, too.” he said as Cadence gave a nod to Spike. “So, Twilight tasked me with tending to your every need. Whatever you want, I can do it!” he said in a chipper tone.

“Spike, we've known each other for years.” Cadence said, waving him off. “You don't need to be our servant.”

“I know, but Twilight wants me to be responsible!” he said with a proud look, tugging at their heavy luggage. ”An' that means anything for the prince an' the princess.”

“Spike, trust me.” Shining Armor said in an older brotherly tone, levitating their cases easily. “As far as me and Cadence are concerned, you're not a servant. You're our family.”

Spike blushed at this. It always made him feel so happy to be considered equal to other ponies. As he noticed the duo spot this, he gave an embarrassed snort and turned to lead them from the train depot to Twilight's library.

“It's going to be great to kick back an' relax when this is all over, huh?” Spike said loudly. “Especially with Twilight's birthday coming up.”

“It's going to be nice to just let all this craziness just roll off our shoulders for a bit.” Cadence said as the two followed him, looking around the quaint town as everypony bowed to them.

“So, thing's have been relatively quiet, Spike?” Shining Armor asked as they passed the town hall. Nodding, Spike ran ahead to the grand tree house and opened the door for them, smiling.

“Yup. All clear here. An' with you two here, there's nothing to worry about.” Shining Armor ruffled Spike's fringed head as the two ponies entered the library. “Anything you need, all you need to do is-”

“Spike, please.” Cadence interjected. “Relax. You're family.” Spike blushed again.

“R-right. Thanks, Prin- um, Cadence.” Spike said, turning to leave, only to run right into a bookshelf, the two royals laughing at the adorable little drake.

=====

Trixie ran as fast as she could through the Everfree Forest, breathing heavily and sweating bullets as her cloak whipped all about in a frenzy. Her heart beating in her ears, she turned, her eyes darting all around the clearing she found herself in. Was she home free? Just as the thought entered her mind, she turned quickly, here heart pounding as she saw just an empty thicket of trees. Giving a sigh of relief, Trixie looked all around the clearing, a few dark clouds gathering in the distance.

“I should get home.” she breathed, doing her best to straighten out her ragged cloak before she started off back to Zecora's hut. Sniffing, she could smell a cooking stew. It was definitely Zecora's recipe, she though. Good thing, too, after the scare she just got.

“Zecora, I'm home!” she called as she came to the door. “I hope that stew is-” CRASH!

Trixie was blown painfully against a tree, her head spinning as she slowly came to her senses, her ears still ringing. Opening her eyes, she felt her insides turn to ice as she saw him again. Tirek cut her off at her home, Zecora shaking inside the hut as she watched the armored monster approach her friend.

“T-T-Tirek...” Trixie shuddered. The baphotaur glared as he drew the curved red blade from inside the blue mythril. “Y-y-you-”

“Trixie.” he hissed as he stepped closer. “I'm going to ask you this once and only once.” Trixie whimpered and cowered against the tree as he came for her. “And I want you to tell me the truth.” Zecora hid her face as he came closer to Trixie. The unicorn could barely hear a thing over her pounding heart and quickened breathing.

“Do you still crave the darkness?” he asked as he stopped just inches from her.

“What-” “Answer me, Trixie!” Tirek snapped as he held the blade to her throat. She could feel red hot heat emitting from it.

“N-n-no.” she managed to stammer. Tirek narrowed his eyes at this.

“I see...” he said, Trixie certain this was it for her. “That's unfortunate.” he said in disdain as the blade reverted to the red horn, Tirek placing it in his armor. As Trixie and Zecora watched in awe, Tirek spread his wings and flew off into the dark sky, both of them wracking their mind as to what had actually just happened.