• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 1,191 Views, 6 Comments

FIxing a broken heart - Firekitty8



Applejack makes a terrible mistake which causes Caramel to leave the farm

  • ...
4
 6
 1,191

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Applejack threw her saddlebag on the floor and burst into tears. A few months ago she had hired the stallion known as Caramel to help out on the farm, he knew her so well, but she had a hard time remembering him.

Days would go by and his love for her went unnoticed. Applejack was always was too caught up in her work to pay him any attention, still he never gave up on trying to prove himself to her.

One day he decided to make his move he kissed Applejack on the cheek. The mare froze not sure on what to say.

“Uh Applejack are you ok?” Asked Caramel

“What in tarnation was that all about? Yer here to work only, what do ya think I’m paying ya for?”

Caramel stood there shaking tears were coming to his eyes.

“Applejack…… don’t you remember me. We met in Manehatten …”

The mare cut him off her face was bright red. She looked at the stallion once more before leaving.

“If ya can’t work then leave this place!” And with that she left Caramel on his own. The stallion eyes were flooded with tears; the love of his life didn’t remember him and obviously didn’t want to be with him.

"Applejack I'm sorry I embarrassed you, I just wanted to see you again." And with that he left the farm. Never to return.

The mare tossed and turned that night she couldn’t get to sleep. She kept thinking about Caramel, she remembered him saying something about seeing her in Manehatten. Then, it hit her he was her friend and she had just treated him like dirt. She ran out to see if she could find him, but he had left.

She thought she would see him tomorrow she would apologise little did she know he was on his way back. Applejack returned to the house she fell into an uneasy sleep.


******



The next morning Applejack got up later than usual the mare rushed downstairs today would be the day she would see her friend. She quickly eats her breakfast and ran outside to look for him.

She saw her brother was already bucking Apples so she went up to him to ask about Caramel.



“Hey Big Mac you aint seen Caramel have ya? It’s just that I need to talk to him”



“Eyep he quit the job”



Applejack froze, now she really felt bad. “What why?”



“Said he’d upset you.” Big Mac replied collecting the apples. “If that’s the case I’m glad he’s gone, no pony hurts mah sister”



Tears came to Applejacks eyes she had hurt him all he did was show her some affection and she turned him away what a horrible mare she had been.



“Did he say were he was going?”



“Enope but I’m guessing he’s either gone back to his house or back to Manehatten.” He saw his sister was crying and he asked her what was wrong.



“Ah may be the reason he left.”



“What do ya mean sis?”



Applejack took a deep breath and explained to her brother who glared at her.



“Ya really messed up their AJ . Yer could have had a relationship there.”



“Ah wasn’t thinking. Ah didn’t mean to hurt him.” Tears were pouring out of her eyes now she couldn’t stop shaking.



“Crying aint going to help sis. Either accept yer mistake and move on, or find him, Yer can’t work like this anyway.” He pointed to the house.

Applejack knew her brother was right as she went back to her abode. She was livid with herself for hurting Caramel; he probably wanted nothing to do with her not that she could blame him. She would have to find him and apologise even if that meant leaving Equestria

She wiped her eyes and went to her room gathering a few things and putting them into a bag. She knew she couldn’t leave right away she needed some pony to take her place. But who?



Twilight was busy with her royal duties, Rainbow Dash was busy with the Wonderbolts, Rarity hated getting her hooves dirty and Pinkie Pie had the two twins to look after and Fluttershy had her animals.

She thought about writing add, but it may take weeks for it to be filled and she didn't want to wait that long. Applejack wanted to start her search as soon as possible. She placed her head in her hooves and started to think, she soon fell asleep.

*****

A couple of hours later Fluttershy came over for her afternoon lunch with Applejack. As soon as the Pegasus came to the farm she was surprised to see only Big Mac working. Was Applejack sick or something?



A small blush came to her cheeks as she walked up to Big Mac. Ever since he had helped her repair her chicken coop. Fluttershy had started to develop feelings for him, she cleared her throat to get his attention.



The stallion stopped and turned to face the mare.



“Oh howdy Fluttershy, ah forgot yer was coming today.”



“Umm yeah is Applejack sick or something? Because I can come at a different time”



Big Mac shook his head and explained to Fluttershy what had happened with Caramel. The pegasi was quite for a while until she eventually spoke.



“Does Applejack feel bad about what she said?”



“Eyep she’s in the house if you want to talk to her.”



“Thank you Big Mac I’ll go and talk to her.” Before leaving she gave him one more look “You should have a rest”.

Big Mac blushed bright red thank goodness Fluttershy back was turned. She saw Applejack asleep in a chair. The Pegasus gave Applejack a gentle tap waking her up, her face was stained with tears.

“Hey they Fluttershy now aint a good time to visit.”



“Big Mac told me, how could you say something like that Applejack?”



“Ah know I messed up big time.” The earth mare wiped her eyes. “Ah plan on looking for him but I can’t leave Big Mac working on his own.”



Fluttershy could tell her friend was upset and wanted to help out in anyway. So she asked Applejack if she could work on the farm the earth mare stared at her.



“I know I’m the last pony you would ask but as a friend I will do my best.” Replied Fluttershy. “Besides you need to look for Caramel.”



“But ah don’t feel right laying all this work on ya.”



Fluttershy gave Applejack one of her famous stares.

“No buts Applejack I said I will be fine. Go and find him.”



After 30 minutes of worrying Fluttershy had gotten Applejack out of the house. She still felt a bit bad about leaving Fluttershy to work on the farm, but the Pegasus seemed keen.



Could it be that Fluttershy had feelings for her brother?



Regardless she shook off that feeling and went to Caramel house hoping she would find him there. When she arrived at his house there was a sign that made her heart sink, it read sold.



Applejack sighed as she went to the train station she would have to continue her search in Manehatten.