• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,801 Views, 119 Comments

Mind/Body/Light/Sound... - SUPERCHARGER2001



Twilight Sparkle knows what had happened. She caused it, and now guilt had taken its toll. But the sounds won't stop, they never do. She asks herself why they continue to speak and the sound only gets louder and louder. To her, its a prophecy.

  • ...
11
 119
 1,801

Love Of Life: Oxygen

Author's Note:

This was created in under 2 hours. This, to me, is probably my most ambitious chapter yet. It's good, and I think it serves well for the next upcoming chapters whenever, so I award you, Chapter - 8.

This was influenced by Godspeed You! The Black Emperor, Yanqui U.X.O and Swans; To Be Kind record.

Enjoy, and boy do I love experimental music!

I hang myself, for you
I kill myself, for you
I bleed myself, for you
I dismember my connections from you
I reek of deceit from you
I loathe everything about myself, for you
I speak to myself from you
I scream my lungs out, for you
I taste my tears, from you
I hate myself, from you
I rein death on my personal life for you
I speak of nothing that matters, from you
I hanged myself, I will hang myself…myself…everything…myself….myself…everything…out…get out…everything…shout…cry…hang myself…everything
EVERYTHING!

I…will hang myself, for you

Twilight shoots back to life, the adrenaline in her body uplifts, her veins churn her blood like the effects of speed splicing through and manipulating your brain into submission. She sucks in a huge chunk of air down into her nostrils where it pillows on her lungs before answering back by exhaling through her mouth. She slowly wiggles around the dirty red carpet, her purple fur weaving through the rough, dry and stained patches of the carpet. Desperately trying to get up, her body doesn’t seem keen on the idea since it becomes partially impossible at attempting this daunting task. She digresses, and continues anyways with little success. The stress that her entire frame had suffered these last, whatever amount of days now had been causing her to slowly drag through this demeaning, pitiful, and delirious state. It was more than that, however. Her brain has been toying with her very own emotions for so long now that she was dissolving into a numb-minded path and discovering her surroundings as fact, rather than fiction.


Twilight Sparkle finally stood up, her hooves already wanting to give away, she plods through the empty hallway - struggling to understand why was she here - and how did she appear in this slum.


Her hind-legs drag along with her hooves in an irregular fashion; if any pony had noticed her sly expression as she slugged her way down the hall, they would have condemned her as a mental patient nodded out on drugs. She seemed out of mind, but still kept a firm tug on her insanity otherwise she would have not lasted this long. Twilight slowly turned her frame around the corner, her spine ceasing to go on. She’s about to collapse at this point, her body refusing to believe any hope could come out of this ridden-squaller. Her shoulders twitched as if the muscles in them contracted and suddenly became tightened as a result. Convulsing now, it felt as if hot serrated knives stabbed through every inch of her fatigued limbs that it was like fire caressing her entire arm while the knives picked at them like s'mores on a stick diving into a bond fire.


It was pitch black, and that only fueled the many reasons not to do anything and accept that this abandoned home was her grave - and her tomb. A grave dug out only for her to fill up; life was slipping between the palms of her hooves, and reality was further being driven down into a spiral of a bleak, non-existent black entity that which. In her delirious state, was soon becoming her own self refusing to wake up from a dream far more severe than any capital punishment could fully exercise with complete discretion.


Twilight Sparkle could hear faint chirps of laughter's and pained cries cackling in her skull while the sounds of the heavy wind outside hollowed and barked it’s way through the empty walls. Hoping to shine indoors. Then, finally, she saw it. A little dash of light flowing through a cracked wall, submerging over and layering itself over the dead two-by-four’s nailed over the open crack; and the crusty carpet. A tear was about to drench her cheek while her face supplanted into perpetual shock as she realized that light could still shine through a dark wound.


Love of life, she thought, smoothly. Dragging her hooves through the wooden floor she didn’t care how many slivers her hooves would succumb to because with a light shining through this darkness, she knew that something was watching out for her. Begging for her to understand. The wind whistled louder as her body drew near it’s sorrowful tune. Warning her not to come near, it only grew louder with each step of her hoof. Her speed gradually picking up pace, she marched into the light with the absolute determination in mind. A prophecy wanted her presence. No. Needed her presence, her flesh in form. Her purple-coated fur, her smart wit, her hunger for knowledge. It needed her life source, badly. If something went through all this trouble to shine through her own dark matter, than so be it she shall prevail and answer the calling of her prophecy with the brightest smile in mind. And a deep satisfaction in pursuit, also.


Twilight Sparkle, walked through the light. Walking hoof and hoof into extinction, she knew that there was no turning back now. The sounds in her head only grew, the loud laughs died down for an old formidable foe in mind. The sound of drums quietly reprised and hummingly tuned it’s way into the massive volumes of sound that blistered and soaked her mind consequently. She knew that this was it.


Twilight walked through and ripped open the pieces of two-by-four one by one. Sporadically she twisted and turned her body all around as the hot knives dug into her tender flesh, she didn’t care anymore. Ripping everything into two, she met her eyes with the golden light, like the light met with her tear sunken face. She wanted to cry in bliss as the light dawned on her frame and cleansed her body whole. Her mind riddled with so many questions was soon to be deleted and forgotten along with several other parts of history. Her history as a murderer were soon to be erased. Her life in reel of these past few days, weeks, years, whatever she was in. Were soon to be rewritten in history and fact and fiction were about to become intertwined and divided and textured back together in one endeavour bent on setting things right. Her life before her eyes were about to meet with an unprecedented hero in disguise as she slashed her way through the wall, arms and legs trembling. Twilight Sparkle was about to see life as it was never before seen. A life where she was living normally in Ponyville, and not hovering afloat in the air while a thousand others wallowed over the death of one of the elements. A death she did not take, now, she believed. A death that never happened, and a death that was soon to have never existed beyond a fantasy. A fantasy her mind played on her from the beginning. A fantasy she believed that wouldn’t happen by her own hooves slowly did. A fantasy she secretly knew would happen, but chose not to think so.


Twilight lifted the final pieces of wood with her hooves and threw it across the wall, scraping the checkered coated wall-paper before plummeting onto the floor.


She took a breath of revitalization and dunked her head through the now-opened wall and smelled the wonderful air and what life had to offer in this brilliant world. As she slowly cracked each eye individually, she was almost in bliss of what she saw down below. Well, what she believed was down below, however, turned out to be something of which no pony could possibly dream of.


Twilight Sparkle was in the air, or more appropriately speaking. She was stuck in the air, out of sight, out of mind, out of life’s reach. No pony knew she was here, but that meant no pony could ever know that she was here. Her hopes and fragile dreams were slowly torn down into asunder one by one. Both sides traded fact for fiction, but never agreeing on believing just one. Her monotonous walls of sounds and noise stopped short right this moment. Perhaps, wanting her to wrap her diluted brain around this eerie fact of reality. A reality she had already wished no pony should ever portray themselves in. She swooned her head forward, then towards the right and swam it back to the left, finally she used the force of her head and the strength of her forehooves, her hooves dug into the floor. With the whisk of her horn she created a bubble, a big bubble between the tip of her horn and the wall and used it as leverage to force the weight of her body back against the wall behind her. slamming herself to the furthest of the hallway, possible. She fell into complete, utter darkness, the abyssal desolate area couldn't have been more welcoming to her frightened eyes. With her hooves remaining as the last of her body to only graze the golden light, wanting to suck on it’s taste once more. She whammed her arms into the floor, her skin coming back as small, but sharp scrapes each time she had done it. Her forehooves dug into the floor and never wanting to let go. She began screaming, cackling with her deranged thoughts and laughing hysterically with the sounds that protruded before her all inside her delusionized mind. Spit sputtered out of her mouth, followed by cursing, belting, and berating of herself for ever believing in such a fairy tale.


That was when she stopped dead in her soul. Her mind still screamed and painted insanity all over herself, but her body and mind didn’t connect this coherently enough as she sat there looking up at another light. A far better one, at that. Just shining so powerfully that you had to be a cold-blooded killer in order to understand it’s sheer complexity and animosity with the world. A clear head for starters, but that would soon subside as she arched her body upwards slowly, making sure not to miss a second of this her eyes were tied together with the rays of light. The golden flakes of the beams bounced off anything, and everything it could. Shining at several parts of the room, but residing in the middle so perfectly, quietly, calming that it only asked questions that she, too, was asking herself. She thought, that. Asking these certain questions could redeem and be enough to beg for her forgiveness, and the rays of light complied.


Twilight Sparkle walked up to it, closer and closer it began. The numbing sounds perpetrating her head even shutted up for this instance. This brief amount of time showed her that her own mutated thoughts even wanted answers on these long lost questions.


Twilight walked further and further into the light, and a layer of stairs unveiled itself through the blinding power of this life source. She placed hoof to hoof, body to body on each step, a ball of spit she sucked down made her realize that every choice comes with every sacrifice. No matter on how bad it could get, she elevated the thoughts and let them flutter on while she stuck to her mission of intent. The intent to get answers, and the intent to free herself from her own diseases.


A figure finally appeared. Appearing larger than life, it was black and off towards the distance, the light that she had been bleeding and itching with so much intensity spit and heckled the being that stood afar from their feeble presence. It was none other than Princess Luna, and what she had seen from Twilight was a story far more horrid than any pony should have ever laid their eyes upon.