• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

The Returned - King Sombra11



Shards warning has proven true. An ancient evil has returned and this time no survivors shall remain.

  • ...
 2
 318

More than meets the eye

It has been two years since the return of King Sombra, two years since the tyranny of the King in the North was ended and Shard returned. Two years since Shard had died, two years since his warning of HIM the one being no one knew anything about. two years since the raw burst of King Sombra's and Nightmare Moons Dark magic encounter. Two years and HIM had begun to stir from his endless slumber. Deep deep down below in the earth's crust something stirred. Something...ancient something evil and cold and malicious. The very ground trembled with each shift, the land wept as the being clawed and scrabbled its way to the surface. When it finally made it's way to the surface, the ground exploded outwards. Millennia's worth of stone was heaved into the air! A great bout of fire burst into the air, a shimmering column of intense molten flame that glowed a bright crimson against the pitch black night. Great leathery wings ending in jagged curves extended with a creak and with a roar the being propelled itself into the air pivoting around as the flames encased it.

"I AM DRAKOS, DRAGON OF MYTH!!!! I HAVE RETURNED!!! I AM FLAME!!! I AM FIRE!!!! THE WORLD IS MY HOARD!!! HEED MY WORD AND TREMBLE FOR MY RAIN OF FLAME SHALL CLEANSE THE VERMIN!!!! I HAVE RETURNED" roared the dragon.

in Canterlot

Luna heard the tremor and saw a glow in the distance, she rushed to the balcony and her snout fell open. A column of crimson fire encased...well a dragon she could only describe as gigantic, it dwarfed all dragons she had ever seen! She heard its roar, listened in amazement to its warning!

"surely such a creature cannot be serious..." she trailed off as she remembered Shards warning. Immediately she ran off to find her big sister.

"What in the name of Tartarus is that?!?!" Celestia exclaimed as the dragon of gargantuan proportion continued its pivot in the air, breathing out its fire.

"I believe that is the HE Shard warned us about" Luna whispered, entranced by the sight of the seemingly enraged dragon.

"THAT?!?! THAT IS HIM?!?!" Celestia screeched!

"Jeez Tia I know the enormity of the situation but please by Tartarus lower the decibel level" Luna retorted.

"This is this is more than a problem it could the end of ponykind!!! Quick call the Elements, Wonderbolts, ANYONE!!!" said celestia who had begun to hyperventilate. Luna didn't reply she only stared at the beast roaring in the distance, witnessed as it spewed out its flame...Shards words echoed in her head.

"He is coming, He is older than time itself and merciless" a tear came to her eye.

"Oh shard, I wish you were here it seems your warning came true..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait I had writers block, but here is the first chapter guys enjoy! also in case it doesn't say Awakened is the prequel to this story, its not massively relevant but better if you do read it.