• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 255 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Chronicles: How Pinkie got her Cutie Mark and Other Stories - Nom dePlume



A collection of the legends and histories of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 255

Prolouge: Creation

Or: How Pinkie Pie got her Cutie Mark

In the beginning, there was nothing. A deep, colorless Void was all that existed. Then, in the depths of the emptiness, the High Queen Omnia and the High King Vaccuss sprang into being. [1]

The void cried out in pain, for now there was Something invading its beautiful Nothingness. "Begone," the void cried, "begone and fall back into the Nothingness!"

Rather than be absorbed back into the Void, the fledgling Alicorns knew they had to fight it somehow. "We must do something," Omnia insisted.

"But what?" Vaccuss was unsure, and he could already feel the Void pulling at his feathers. "What do we have the power to do?"

Omnia closed her eyes and reached deep inside herself. "Everything."

Together, Omnia and Vaccuss created the universe. They wove stars and molded planets to fill the Void, and shaped people to live on them. They spun bits of starstuff into comets, delighting their stargazing children. Asteroids and black holes and other, unknown things were built to help their peoples grow stronger when they reached the stars. Equestria was one such planet, woven of harmony and song into a wide, spinning disc.

To hold the balance of our magical world together, Vacuss and Omnia created four pony races to guard the Basic Elements and keep them from dying out or growing too powerful.

To guard the element of Fire, that formed the core of the planet and pushed back the deadly cold of the Void, the Unicorns were born.

To govern the Water, upon which all things depended for nourishment and life, Seaponies were created.

To watch over the Air, needed for the spread of seeds and movement of weather patterns, Pegasai took shape.

To hold dominion over Land, from which all ponies took food and shelter, the Earth-Ponies came to exist.

But each of these separate pony tribes, in their infancy, were going to need someone to watch over them. As King Vaccuss and Queen Omnia would soon need to move on to other worlds, they granted this world to their four daughters.

Harmonia was the eldest, and named Queen of all Equestria. Hers was the Gift of Magic, and the Element of Fire.

Princess Adoria was next, with the Gift of Love, and the Element of Land.

Then came Princess Phota, who claimed the Gift of Day and the Element of Air.

Youngest and last in line was Princess Nebula. To her went the Gift of Night and the Element of Water.

These four were how Equestria began. None of them were prepared for the tragedies that would follow.


[1] This is where many historians disagree. Some say that Vaccuss was the Void, and created Omnia to ease his loneliness. Others claim that Omnia, (who was composed of all that ever was, would be, and might be), was the void, and created Vaccuss to share the burden. Yet another version insists the Void collapsed in on itself and split into the two entities.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shortness here, I didn't have a lot of room for dialogue to flesh it out.