• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,874 Views, 64 Comments

An Open Heart in a Closed City - Jubei Yagyu

  • ...
12
 64
 1,874

The Lazy Genius

“I hate math!” Rainbow Dash cried out in frustration. We were sitting outside the classroom waiting for the teacher, all 7 of us. Jen had gone off to her first class, which happened to be Advanced English.

“If you hate it, then why did you pick 4 unit maths? This is the hard shit…” I sighed as I sipped on a juice box I had gotten from the vending machine across the hall.

“Because I didn’t know it was hard!” she cried. She rubbed her temples in frustration.

“Relax, dummy. We have PE next, so you can go nuts there” I finished the juice box and threw it into the bin across the hall.

“Why did Jen have to leave?” Pinkie complained. It was the first time I had ever heard her complain.

“She’s a year older than me, so she has a different set of classes” I said. We all saw the teacher coming down the hall, and everyone got up. I stayed seated on the floor.

“Care to join us, Mr Dunois?” Mr Creed sighed, frustrated.

“Nah, I’m good out here” I sighed. I closed my eyes. There was a tug on the back of my collar, and I felt myself getting dragged into the room.

“Apparently we’re discarding the ‘hands off’ policy…” I groaned. Mr Creed pulled me to the front of the room and let me go. I fell backwards and hit my head on the floor.

“Ow…” I moaned. I stood up and went to the seat just in front of the corner, next to the window. I proceeded to stare out the window. I could hear the teacher introducing Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack, but just kept staring out the window. I heard the chairs being pulled out around me, and I saw in the windows reflection that I was now surrounded by all 6 of the new students.

“My rotten luck” I said. I muted my hearing and continued to stare out the window. I started to make up imaginary situations in my head like if my whole life was a story coming out of some nut jobs’ mind to be posted on the internet, and what the world would be like if it were ruled by giant bananas. I stopped my crazy train of thought when I noticed in the reflection of the window that I was being stared at. I unmuted my sound and heard Mr Creed yelling at me.

“- ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION! I SWEAR IF YOU’RE BLOCKING ME OUT AGAIN I’LL FAIL YOU!” he looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel. I stood up.

“That question has no answer…” I said. Now he really looked like he was going to explode. I was tempted to shout ‘BOOMER!’ and hide behind my desk.

“Explain…” Mr Creed fumed. I sighed.

“You accidently added a ‘divide by 0’, so the question becomes a mathematical error as well as a spatial anomaly if it were to actually be solved somehow…” I said, trying to hold back my laughter. I heard some of the other people in the class chuckling and giggling. Mr Creed turned around and read the equation over and over again.

“…Sit down…” he sighed, defeated. I flashed him a grin and sat back down. I was about to resume staring out the window when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see Twilight staring intently at me.

“W-what?” I said feeling slightly unnerved at her fixation.

“How did you figure that question out? Not even I was able to notice the error…” she stared. I shrugged.

“I guess I was just looking for it” I chuckled. Twilight sat back in her chair and returned to her frantic note taking. I muted my sound and began to stare out the window again. I felt another tap, and turned to see Twilight. Un-mute.

“Yeah?” I said again.

“What did he mean by ‘blocking him out’?” she asked looking puzzled. I grinned.

“Some Espers have more than one ability. I can also manipulate sound. That means I can mute people, use it to amplify things to myself or others, or use sound waves physically” I smirked. Twilight looked at me with an astonished look on her face.

“Not even Princess Celestia is able to do that as far as I’ve seen” she said turning back to her book and muttering to herself. I was slightly concerned.

Please… I know you talk to yourself… I’m the proof.
Don’t you have anything better to do rather than being a burden?
No, why?
… And I thought you loved me enough to blow off anything just to annoy me.
This is my life, and I love it.

I muted the class and went back to staring out the window. I wasn’t disturbed for the rest of the session, and it was amazing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I stretched as soon as I left the class. I had my bag slung over one shoulder.

“So where are we off to now?” Applejack asked. I turned around and smiled.

“PE, we have to go to the gym. I’ll warn you, though… I’m a target” I said. I turned and started to walk towards the gym.

“Also, you’ll have to get changed. In the girls changing room…” I clarified. I heard Dash groan. I chuckled.

“What did you mean by ‘target’?” asked Rarity with a concerned tone. I didn’t stop walking.

“You’ll see soon enough” I sighed. After a couple of minutes of walking we reached the large blue double doors that lead to the gym. The girls behind me had been talking about all sorts of things, most of which I ignored. I only heard the parts with my name, my sisters’ name, or anything to do with food. I pushed the double doors, and the latch yielded with a click. As the doors opened, the girls behind me stopped their chatter and gasped at the size of the room behind it. It was big enough to comfortably seat 500 people to the left and right, and 300 on the other sides. In the middle, there was a rectangle of 3 by 2 basketball courts. I walked in, and the girls followed me, looking around in awe.

“The girls change rooms are over there” I pointed to the right of the door, and they saw a blue door at the end of the wall. Twilight nodded and the girls all followed her. They had gone back to talking. I turned to the left and walked to the red door in the right corner. I got changed into a plain black t-shirt and black tracksuit pants. I stuffed my uniform back into my bag and left the change room. I threw my bag onto the bleachers next to the change rooms and saw the rest of the class changed and listening to the teacher talk. I sat down on the bleachers and muted the sound around me. I was watching the teacher so that when he stopped talking and started to team everyone up, I would be ready. I un-muted the sound around me when I felt the seat shake. I looked over at the source of the disturbance and saw the girls, all wearing different things. I looked at Applejack in particular.

“Is that my shirt? And my pants?” I asked, slightly confused.

“They… uhm… might be… None of the clothes you bought Twi or Rainbow fit me” she confessed, blushing. It was at this moment in time I noticed how much taller Applejack was compared to the rest.

She’s like a giant!

She’s my height…

Compared to them, you’re a giant.

You’re right, but fuck you anyway.

You really hate me, don’t you?

Of course, and you’ve got a massive shit-eating grin on your face.

If I had a face I would.

“I… see…” I said. I noticed Fluttershy hiding behind the group. She was wearing one of my baggy Disturbed shirts and a pair of my tracksuit pants. I laughed. Everyone in the small group in front of me looked at me, and then turned to Fluttershy.

“That shirt doesn’t suit you” I chuckled. Fluttershy went red.

“I-It doesn’t look good?” she asked, looking up at me. I instantly felt bad.

“N-no… That’s not it. I just don’t think you’d like the band on that shirt” I explained. Her face lit up a little more. I smiled. I heard the teacher call out.

“Tom, bring the new students down!” Mr Densa called out. I stood up.

“C’mon…” I sighed as I started to walk down the bleachers. The girls followed me as I joined the group, but stayed a good distance away.

“You girls need to join the big group” I said.

“Why?” Rainbow Dash asked as everyone else looked at me.

“You’ll see VERY soon” I grimaced. Dash shrugged and the girls walked over to the group.

“Ok everyone! Today’s target is Tom. Seeing as there are new people in the class, I have to explain the whole thing. You see, everyone in this city is trained to fight the Dark Followers that lurk outside our walls. That’s what the ‘Target Game’ was made for. You work together as a group to take down one opponent. We play this three times a week with different people in the class as ‘The Target’. Today is Tom’s turn. Take him down by any means necessary. Of course, you will be rewarded. You get to tell the Target to do one thing if you take them down and they can’t refuse” Mr Densa explained. Rarity and Fluttershy looked mortified. Twilight and Pinkie looked as indifferent as they could, while Applejack and Rainbow Dash’s eyes gleamed with a hint of competition.

“I bet I take him down first” Dash grinned at Applejack.

“I’ll take that bet” Applejack smirked at Dash.

“Don’t forget, you’re up against the class!” Mr Densa smiled. He raised his hand. I braced.

“GO!” the teacher cried. Rainbow Dash shot at me like a rocket. I saw this and dropped backwards. I saw the shock in her eyes as she passed right over me. As I hit the ground I rolled backwards and pushed my legs up. They drove into her stomach and launched her further than before. I pushed off my hands and landed on my feet, completing my backwards roll. Rainbow Dash crashed into the Gym mats piled on the floor. As I turned to see what I did, a guy from the group ran forward and tried to punch me.

“Too slow!” I grinned as I caught his fist with my left hand. I spun on my left foot and kicked him three times with my right foot, each kick rising higher. I pulled my leg in, let go of his hand and slammed my foot into his chest, causing him to go rolling back. I stepped back in time to avoid 3 flame spears that were thrown by 3 fire Espers.

“Already on to the powers, eh?” I smirked as they started to charge another shot. I whistled and disappeared from sight. Twilight saw me first when I appeared behind one of the Espers and knocked them out. Before anyone could react I had whistled again and was gone. I repeated this until all the fire Espers that attacked were laying on the floor.

“I’ve had enough combat… Might as well finish it with a BANG!” I laughed as I pulled a coin out of my pocket. Rainbow Dash had re-joined the group, and they all noticed that everyone had stepped back

“W-what’s going on?” Fluttershy asked, scared. I smiled sweetly at her.

“Sorry about this, Flutters, but I have to protect my dignity” I apologised and turned to Twilight.

“Twilight, are you familiar with a ‘Railgun’?” I asked. Twilight shook her head.

“By borrowing the Law of Kinetic energy, I can use electricity to launch objects at three times speed of sound” I smiled. I threw the coin into the air. The students standing in front of me scattered and left where I was firing empty. As the coin came back down to my hand, I closed my hand and flicked the coin. The coin turned from small metal object to a mass of pure energy travelling at three times the speed of sound in a matter of nanoseconds. A loud explosion was heard and felt as the Railgun blast destroyed the ground and hit the side of the gym, which had been reinforced to withstand any form of supernatural power. The girls all gasped, and Fluttershy screamed when the Railgun fired.

“TOM! What did I tell you about using your Railgun?!” Mr Densa cried, running over. I smiled sheepishly.

“R-right… sorry sir…” I said, hiding my face from sight.

“Never mind… let’s just play dodge ball…” Mr Densa sighed. He rubbed his eyes and walked away. Students had already started to get the balls and began to organise themselves into two teams. I sighed as a group of girls was calling out.

“Hey Tom! Come join our team!” one of them called out. I turned my face to the side, and the group of girls started to giggle. Mr Densa sighed.

“Tom, go with those girls. Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy, you go with him. Dash, Pinkie and Applejack, on the other side” he placed us into our teams. I walked over to the group of girls, with Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy following me, while Dash, Pinkie, and Applejack went the other way.

“Alright. No powers whatsoever. Same rules still apply: You take down Tom, you get the reward. Start whenever” Mr Densa said. He sat down on the bleachers and started writing on a piece of paper on a clipboard. A ball was rolled to my feet. I picked it up. As I stood up, I saw a ball headed straight for me. I spun to the right and the ball whizzed right past my face.

“Shit…” I swore to myself, and ran into the crowd. I saw a boy standing near the front, looking the wrong way. I thought it was a trap, but I also saw it as an opportunity to thin out their ranks. I stepped forward and jumped up. I threw the ball with a side arm, and quickly spun to the left. The ball I threw hit the boy right in the leg despite his efforts to dodge. He groaned before walking off court. Twilight ran up behind me.

“H-how do you play this game?” she asked. I quickly blended back into the crowd, trying to avoid being hit by a ball.

“Try to hit members of the other team with a ball while trying not to get hit yourself” I explained quickly, not paying attention.

“Oh” Twilight said. She didn’t seem comforted in any way. The group of girls I was behind screamed and moved to the side. I noticed the ball before it was too late and managed to catch it with my chest. I quickly wrapped my arms around it to stop it from falling to the ground.

“Damn it!” I heard a guy cry out from the other side. I stood up and flipped him the bird. He grimaced, and I laughed. I saw a girl on the other team line up a shot. She was aiming for Fluttershy and Rarity, who were cowering in the corner. She threw the ball. It wasn’t going fast, but it would hurt if it hit. I quickly spun on my heel and threw the ball I was holding. Fluttershy screamed. The ball thrown by the girl was about to hit, but my ball intercepted it. It hit it right on the side, causing the girls ball to get knocked to the side, and my ball to bounce back slightly. I dove forward to grab it again when I saw James, the schools resident asshole, laughing. I grabbed the ball and rolled on my right shoulder. When I landed on my feet I spun and threw the ball. Before he could react the ball hit his leg, causing his leg to be pushed backwards and him to face plant into the wooden floor.

BULLSEYE!

HELL YEAH!

“You are so dead!” James cried. He picked up the ball and drop kicked it at me. A shockwave pulsed as his foot collided with the ball. He was using his power. I grinned and whistled. The ball stopped right in its tracks. I whistled again, and the ball shot off at an insane speed. It slammed into James’ chest, knocking him out of the court.

“You’re out” I said flatly.

Smooth…

Blow it out your ass.

Mr Densa looked up, shrugged and went back to writing.

“Why did you do that? That seemed quite… mean” Twilight asked with an angry expression. I turned to face her.

“You’re right. It was mean. But I’m not going to apologize. Do you know why? Because he’s tormented me all throughout my school life. He won’t listen to Jen, or Teachers, or anyone” I explained, my expression flat and unchanging to match my voice. Twilight just looked at me, her face melting from anger to understanding.

“Still… you shouldn’t have done that…” she said, staring at me,

“Meh” I sighed as I turned back to the front.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

20 minutes passed and the only ones left of my team were Fluttershy and I. On the other team, there were 6 people, including Applejack and Rainbow Dash. I gritted my teeth.

I hope they all aim for me… I’m not sure Flutters could make it

Should be funny for me either way.

You suck.

I had one ball in my hand, and another was sitting on the ground on my side of the court. I knew that if I went for it, I would get hit. Fluttershy wasn’t moving anywhere. She just cowered in the corner of the court. I thought for a moment about what I could do in the current setup. An idea hit me like a flash of lighting.

They’re not far apart from each other… this might work…

I love your crazy schemes

I quickly threw the ball I was holding at the ball on the ground. It caused the ball which was sitting on the ground to ricochet unpredictably. Naturally, one of the opposition got hit. As it ricocheted off the opponent, Dash dove forward to dodge, and it hit the boy next to her. She laughed. As everyone was distracted by the ball, I shot forward to try and grab the other ball. A member of the other team quickly noticed and threw her ball at me. I noticed the ball coming at me before it was too late. My sisters’ training lessons kicked in. As the ball came close, I jumped into a no-handed cartwheel. I caught the ball in my right hand. As I completed the cartwheel, I used the extra momentum to propel the ball into another male students shoulder. He sighed and left the court. The momentum caused me to over balance a little bit, but I was still able to grab the ball I was going for before. However, when I looked up, I saw another ball headed for me. I was still leaning down, and couldn’t dodge.

I ain’t gonna make it…

WHY ARE YOU FACING THE BALL YOU GODDAMN RETARD?!?!

The ball hit me directly in the face, and I fell down onto the floor.

“Ow…” I groaned as I wiped the tiny amount of blood that was trickling out of my nose away. I sat up and saw members of the other team run over.

“Are you alright, man?” a male student yelled, as he ran over and helped me sit up.

“Ugh, yeah… Thanks Justin” I smiled weakly. He grinned back. Applejack was looking extremely sheepish.

“Ahm sorry, sugarcube… Ah guess ah don’t know my own strength” Applejack crouched down. I smiled.

“It’s alright, I’ve survived worse… Still, that’s one hell of a throw…” I marvelled. She smiled, and Mr Densa walked over.

“Well done, transfer student… You win. Are you gonna save your request for later, or tell him to do something now?” he asked. Applejack pondered for a second.

“Ah guess ah’ll save it for later” she said. Mr Densa shrugged.

“Alright everyone… Get changed, the end of the session is in ten minutes…” he called out.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone got changed in a matter of minutes and sat waiting on the bleachers for the bell to go. I was leaning back on the bench ignoring Pinkies’ rambling when the bell went. I stood up and made my way to the doors I had entered in. The girls all followed me. I left the gym and headed to my locker.

“Don’t you girls have your own lockers?” I asked as I pushed the key into the lock, undid it, and took it off.

“Uhm… no…” Twilight said sheepishly. I groaned.

“We’ll go talk to the principal about it later… Anyway, time for food” I grinned as I put my sports clothes in the locker and closed it. I put the lock back on and hung the key around my neck. They all seemed to perk up when I mentioned food.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We walked into the crowded lunch room and looked around. All the different cliques stuck to their own area: The jocks in the top right corner, the Musicians in the top left, the Eggheads in the bottom left, and the Eco’s in the bottom right. Throughout the rest of the room, every other group of people shuffled around, remaining in their groups: The Fashionistas, The Nerds, the Emo’s, and the Goths. I spied an empty table.

“Grab that before someone else does” I pointed at it, and Pinkie shot off faster than a Railgun.

“… Okay…” I said. It still hadn’t sunk in.

That was insane…

I think… I think she broke my physics…

MY PHYSICS!!!

You shouldn’t exist.

That just proves how insane you are.

The girls and I wandered over to the table. We sat down and I started to think about how we would get our lunch and not lose the table.

“Usually I just make myself something at home…” I bit my thumb nail, thinking. I came to the only logical conclusion: We would leave someone at the table and one of us would get their lunch. We decided that no matter what I would have to go because the girls weren’t familiar with the lunch room etiquette yet.

“Uhm… I could stay behind…” Fluttershy offered quietly. Over the dull roar of the crowd, it would have been drowned out if I hadn’t been using my sound control.

You have the Global Scale Volume Knob… you would make an awesome spy.

I know, right?

I yawned and Rainbow Dash stood.

“Let’s get some grub” she grinned. I everyone got up, and Fluttershy (sort of) told me what she wanted me to get for her. We walked over to the left side of the lunch room and lined up to get our food.

“So, what’s the routine here?” Pinkie asked, hyper as usual. I shrugged.
“Line up, pick what you want, pay at the end, sit down at a table and eat. Normal stuff” I smiled slightly. She grinned her ridiculously huge trademark grin, and started bounce up and down. Applejack sighed. As we got to the serving station, Pinkie looked like she was about to explode.

“Calm down, darling. You can get your food” Rarity tried to calm her. It was unsuccessful. I simply walked past them and began to read what the lunch room had in stock today.

“Okay… Fluttershy wanted something vegetarian… so Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber sandwich it is… And for me, I guess I’ll grab the Chicken, Bacon and Avocado” I said to myself as I leaned over to grab both of the sandwiches. Rarity and Applejack looked appalled and Pinkie had stopped jumping and just stared.

“C-chicken? You eat a-animals?” Rarity asked with a concerned look on her face.

“Yeah… it’s how we get our protein” I shrugged as I grabbed 2 apple juices from the fridge and took them to the counter.

Déjà vu.

Indeed.

… You’re not classy.

And you’re me.

Touché.

The girls all quickly grabbed their sandwiches, which I guess would have been the same one that I got Fluttershy seeing as their diet is the same. I put a $20 note on the counter.

“Grab some juice. You’ll need it” I pointed at the fridge.

“Why, are they that hard to swallow?” Rainbow Dash asked with a grin.

“No, but our next class is” I smirked. She laughed and everyone walked over to grab juice. It was all apple juice. The lunch lady took the $20 and handed be back 5 cents.

“Is that a good price?” Twilight asked as we were heading back to the table.

“It’d be cheaper if I made lunch, but I’ve seen worse prices” I shrugged. We got closer to the table when we saw a young male with shaggy brown hair sitting across from a very uncomfortable looking Fluttershy. I started to move a bit quicker when I saw this.

“… be fun. C’mon, come hang out with us” The guy was attempting to flirt, and failing horribly. Fluttershy was sitting trying to look away. I put our lunch down on the table.

“I think that means no” I looked up, emotionless. He stood up.

“Then she can speak for herself” he sneered at me. I looked at the colour of the pocket cover on his jacket. It was red.

He’s a year older.

You fucked, bitch.

“If she didn’t have anxiety issues, maybe” I swallowed my fear.

Holy shit, you’re actually learning your limits.

Bite me.

No mouth.

The guy seemed to become enraged at that comment.

“You smug-ass little shit!” he growled. He reeled his fist back. I clenched my eyes shut, waiting for the crunch.

It didn’t come.

I looked up to see a hand holding the arm back. I looked behind the student to see another male student. This one was as tall as me with long blonde hair tied back into a ponytail.

“Is it really worth having the air literally ripped out of your lungs?” the newcomer said calmly. The enraged student growled. He pulled his arm free and skulked off to whatever table he was at before.

“You saved my face…” I grinned at the student. His pocket cover was red as well.

“I saved his life” the man grinned. He patted me on the shoulder.

“How’ve you been, buddy?” he continued to grin.

“Pretty good. I should probably introduce you. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity, this is Ryan. Ryan, this is everyone” I pointed at them in the respective order. Ryan laughed.

“So you’re the new girls.I’m Ryan Lewis Carmen, pleasure to meet you” he smiled. The girls all smiled.
Ryan’s head jerked forward slightly all of a sudden.

“Thanks for waiting, numb nuts” an all too familiar voice called out. Jen stepped out from behind and smiled when she saw us.

“So, you forgot to make lunch for yourself” she smirked evilly as she saw me carrying the sandwiches.

“Yep” I replied plainly as I put the vegetarian sandwich that I was carrying in front of Fluttershy. She quietly thanked me and tucked into the sandwich.

“That reminds me… I saw you sleeping on our couch this morning. You two didn’t get up to anything funny, did you?” Jen grinned and turned to face Rarity. Her face went red and my eyes widened.

“N-no! Of course not! He has just given us a place to stay, that’s all” Rarity said, flustered. I banged my head on the table.

So much for breaking it to her lightly.

Kill me.

No, this is gonna be funny.

“A place to stay, huh? And when you say ‘us’, what exactly do you mean?” Jen raised an eyebrow. Ryan was eating quietly, waiting for an eruption.

“Well, we’re all staying at Tom’s place for the time being…” Rainbow Dash said without thinking. My head shot up and I looked terrified. Jen looked over at me, smirking evilly, a shadow covering her eyes.

“Oh ho… Is that right?” she glared at me. I swallowed and nodded.

“N-not the face…” I whimpered. She sighed.

“And when did you ask me about this?” her face went back to normal and she just looked at me.

“Uhm… well… on the day I let them in, you had just gotten home… so I thought it would be best to let you rest” I feverishly explained. She leaned over the table and gently placed her hand on the back of my head. I relaxed as he stroked the back of my head. She stopped suddenly and pulled my head down towards the table. A loud thud echoed as my head collided with the table top. I recoiled and fell out of the chair. Jen got up and threw a large stack of napkins at my now bleeding nose.

“Don’t get any more red on your uniform. Next time you tell me… I live there too” she said, her face emotionless. I sat up, still dazed, and groaned. Twilight and Applejack had quickly moved to my side, and the rest of the girls were staring, worried.

“Are you alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked. Twilight glared at Jen.

“You didn’t have to go that far!” she cried. I used them both as leverage to stand up.

“I-It’s fine… This much is nothing…” I grimaced as I used the tissues to wipe my nose. I sat back down.

“Besides... You would normally have used your sound to stop the impact. What happened?” Jen asked, tilting her head to the side.

“I used it a lot today… I know my own limits now…” I gingerly kept wiping my nose, as the blood kept trickling out.

“Oh. Good boy, we don’t want another replay of that... Sorry, I only went that far ‘cause I thought you could block it” Jen looked down sheepishly. This time she reached over and started to pet my head again. However she only stroked it then went back to sitting down.

“What do you mean by limits? Things like mana?” Twilight asked, looking at me. I was about to reply when Jen piped up.

“Tom may seem unbeatable, almost like the main character of an anime, but he’s not. His sound control power may seem like it’s incredibly strong, but it has an extreme weakness” she said, sipping the bottle of water she pulled out of her bag.

“And that would be?” Rarity asked, now interested. Everyone looked at her.

“Normally, an Espers’ powers will weaken and stop working after a certain amount of energy has been used to avoid burning out the user. Tom’s sound manipulation uses a lot of energy, but it doesn’t weaken or stop when he runs out of energy. Instead, it takes its power directly from his body. This results in ‘shredding’, or Tom being ripped apart from the inside out. It starts with his organs, creating small cuts in them as it draws power out of him. Once it’s made its way through his internal organs, it moves towards his skin. Long story short… If Tom uses his sound manipulation too much, he dies. What makes it more dangerous is that he doesn’t know when he’s running out of energy” Jen explained. The girls all looked shocked, and turned to me. I nodded.

“The incident was 10 years ago. A dark followers attack caused me to use my sound manipulation a lot. Thanks to that, my heart got shredded up pretty badly. If it wasn’t for a doctor called ‘Divine Canceller’ I would have died” I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich. They all stared at me, horrified. I shrugged.

“It’s all in the past. Eat your food, third session is gonna start soon” I said, taking a swig of juice. The girls all quickly turned to their sandwiches and started eating. Jen, Ryan and I started to laugh at them.

Author's Note:

It's finally out! Sorry about the huge delay, but I was out of the country, and when I got home I got rather sick.

Tom's weakness is revealed! Who is the 'Divine Canceller'? Will we finally get to see a Dark Follower attack? What's so terrible about third session?

These questions will (possibly) be answered in the next chapter!

Every rating and comment helps