• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,873 Views, 64 Comments

An Open Heart in a Closed City - Jubei Yagyu

  • ...
12
 64
 1,873

Afternoon Shenanigans

“H-home?!” Rainbow Dash cried. She and Twilight were both staring at me.

“Uhm… well… actually, I live out the back. But I live on the grounds, so technically it’s my home” I explained. I turned and started to walk down the driveway. The girls regained their composure and ran after me. I was walking down the path to the main house, but turned onto a path that lead behind the house.

“What do you mean when you say you live out the back?” Twilight asked. I shrugged.

“We have a guest house out back that’s fully equipped. Me and my sister live there now” I said. The guest house came into view. It was a little smaller, but still two stories high and white.

“So why do you live there and not in the big house?” Twilight asked as we continued walking.

“My sister and I used to play house in it as kids, and gradually we started staying there more and more. In the end, we ended up just moving in. It was easier” I smiled. Twilight nodded, and we made it to the front door. I pulled a set of keys out of my bag and unlocked the front door. I opened it and motioned for the girls to head inside. After they walking in, I closed the door behind me. I noticed a note pinned to the cork board in the hallway.

‘I came home earlier and went to sleep. You can wake me if you want, but if you don’t I may see you later.
~Jen’

“Ah, she’s home. I’ll leave her…” I said, pulling the note down. Twilight and Rainbow Dash read the note over my shoulder as I did.

“Is Jen your sister?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yeah, her name’s Jennifer” I nodded. Rainbow Dash looked at me while Twilight was staring at a painting in the hallway.

“Where did your sister go? On a vacation?” Rainbow Dash asked. I smiled sheepishly.

“N-not really… I should probably tell you seeing as you’re going to be living with her now” I sighed. I started walking through the hall and into the lounge room. Twilight and Rainbow Dash followed.

“Hey, Tom? Who was that a painting of? Were they important?” Twilight asked.

“That’s… uh… actually me…” I grinned. Twilight’s eyes went wide, and Rainbow Dash went back to look at the painting.

“WHAT!? NO WAY!” we heard her cry from the hall. She came rushing out.

“There is no way in Tartarus that that’s you!” she said, glaring at me.

“I agree… For one, the person in that portrait has black hair” Twilight observed.

“And two, he looks athletic and muscular. You look scrawny” Rainbow Dash grinned. I walked into the living room and grabbed a picture off the table. I took it back to the hall and went up to the painting. The painting was of what appeared to be a young boy with black hair standing in a tree, smiling with a radiant orange and red sunset.

“When I turned 13, my hair colour began to change. It’s still unexplained to this day” I explained. I held up the picture I took from the lounge room. Twilight and Rainbow Dash leaned in to get a better look. Twilight reeled back, and Rainbow Dash just raised her eyebrows. The photo was a photo of me when I was 10. I was smiling and holding an award from my primary school teacher. Most notably, I had black hair.

“That doesn’t explain the athletic and muscular look” Rainbow Dash smirked. I smiled.

“That’s because I never stand straight anymore” I grinned. I stood up straight, and I immediately looked more athletic. Rainbow Dash tilted her head to the side. I lifted the bottom of my shirt and Rainbow Dash reeled back to join Twilight, who was currently pressed up against the wall.

“Why are you fit?” Rainbow Dash asked. I chuckled and lowered my shirt.

“Because of reasons…” I said, shrugging. I walked back to the lounge room and put the photo back on the table. I walked up the stairs and the girls followed me. I came to a stop outside a room with a massive drawing of a dragon on the door.

“This is my room. I’ll dump my bag off and show you girls to your room” I said. I opened the door and threw my bag in. The girls heard the soft thud of it landing on my bed, and I closed my door.

“Alright, this way” I continued down the hall to the next door.

“Here you are. Currently unused, lots of space and the bed is huge” I said, opening the door. We walked in. Rainbow Dash threw her bag to the side and dived onto the bed.

“Whoa!!! It’s so soft!” she cried, rolling around. Twilight put her bag down gently and sat down on the bed.

“Wow, it really is” she marvelled, sprawling out backwards. I smiled.

“My room is next door. If you need something, just knock” I said. I turned around and walked down to my room. I opened my door and closed it behind me. I quickly pulled the MLP poster above my desk down and rolled it up. I slid it into the cardboard tube it came in and put it in my wardrobe. While I was there, I grabbed a black shirt and some tracksuit pants and changed into them. I took my bag off my bed and crashed down onto it. I spread out on the sheets and sighed. I closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep when I heard a slight knock on the door.

“It’s open” I called out. I opened my eyes and propped myself up on the wall my bedhead was against. Twilight poked her head in.

“I just wanted to see what your room looked like” She said, and started looking around. She looked at the posters for different shows I had accumulated. Her eyes fixed on a door on the other side of the room.

“What’s in there?” she asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing anyone needs to concern themselves over” I said, standing up. Twilight looked at my clothes, and I heard Rainbow Dash walk up behind her.

“Oh, so you have more than one set…” Twilight said, looking at me. It only just then occurred to me that the girls didn’t have any other clothes.

“Uhm… Are those your only sets?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yeah” Rainbow Dash called from behind the door.

“Well… I should wash them for tomorrow…” I thought out loud. I was thinking about waiting until they changed into another set of clothes for bed, but they had other ideas. Twilight and Rainbow Dash walked into my room. Rainbow Dash was already pulling her shirt over her head, and Twilight was undoing the zip on her skirt. I went bright red and reeled back.

AWWWWW HELL YEAH, BOY!!!

THIS ISN’T RIGHT!!!

“W-w-w-what the hell are you doing?!” I yelled, turning around and covering my eyes.

“We’re giving you these to wash… Duh…” Rainbow Dash said matter-of-factly. From the corner of my eye I saw a pair of jeans, a skirt, two t-shirts, two bras and two pairs of panties land on my bed. I went a brighter shade of crimson, and quickly ran to my wardrobe. I opened the sliding mirror and rummaged for about three seconds before finding what I was looking for. I pulled two huge jumpers out of the wardrobe. One was blue, and the other was grey. I threw them over my shoulder.

“J-just put those on for now” I said, covering my eyes again. I heard the rustling.

“They’re on…” I heard Rainbow Dash say. I turned around, and saw them both inspecting the jumpers.

“I don’t get why you turned away… Or why we have to even wear these…” Twilight said, fascinated. I sighed.

“Because our culture isn’t used to nudity…” I said.

“I’ll have to go and buy you girls some more clothes… You aren’t to leave here at all… Especially not dressed like that…” I said. I pulled on my shoes and socks, grabbed my satchel, wallet and phone off my dresser. I slung the satchel over my shoulder.

“I’ll be back soon” I sighed as I walked out. Both girls followed me downstairs as I was walking. I stopped in the hallway and turned around.

“Don’t bother my sister. She’s been away for a while and she must be exhausted” I said. Twilight and Rainbow Dash nodded. I turned around and raised my hand. I opened the front door, walked through and closed it behind me.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I went to a shop on the other side of town. I was sure people would recognise me, but I wouldn’t have to deal with them every day. I walked into the women’s clothing store and started looking around.

I don’t even know their sizes…

Judging by what I’ve seen-

I’ll estimate.

You’re no fun…

After about 20 minutes of browsing, I had come up with quite a collection of clothing. I started walking to the front of the store, but stopped when I saw something in particular.

Dude, yes.

Dude, no.

They need them.

You want them.

But come on! They’re perfect! Plus, you don’t know how many others are going to come to this world

… I hate it when you’re right.

I walked over to the item in question and picked it up.

’12 pack underwear. Rainbow”

I sighed as I picked up packs of rainbow, white, pink, yellow, purple, orange and dark blue. I saw matching bras out of the corner of my eye.

“Gotta get the rainbow and the purple ones…” I sighed.

Yo dude. I know you know. What were their sizes up top?

A and C

I found the correct sized ones and grabbed a few. I threw them in the trolley and went to the counter. Luckily the store was empty save for me and the cute girl running the register. I brought the stuff up.

“Who’s the lucky girl?” she chuckled as she started to scan the items.

“Couple of friends who just moved here. They’ve got nothing” I grinned.

“Damn… they must be spectacular girls to get you to even consider this. I’ve seen girls do some pretty desperate shit to get their guys to go shopping like this WITH them, and you come here on your own” she smiled at me. I smiled back.

“Yeah, they’re really something” I said, biting my lip. She got to the underwear.

“Wow… expecting more of them?” she asked slyly.

“Maybe…” I smirked. She laughed.

“And your total is… Wow… $1242.00” she said. I sighed and pulled out my wallet. I handed over my card.

“This is gonna hurt” I lowered my head, defeated. The clerk just laughed.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was halfway home and carrying 6 bags of clothes. I was listening to my iPod when I noticed a bunch of students staring at me.

Shit… Demon High students…

Maybe if you keep walking, they won’t do anything…

And that’s exactly what happened. I made it back home without an incident. I sighed as I put down the three bags in my right hand and held my card up to the gate. It opened I picked up the bag and walked out back to the guest house. I opened the door.

“I’m home!” I called out. I heard a loud crash from upstairs.

“Oh hay! He’s back!” I heard Twilight say. I sighed, put everything down in the lounge room, and walked upstairs. My door was ajar. I pushed it open with my foot and saw Twilight buried under a heap of books and Rainbow Dash was sitting on my bed, whistling.

“What did you do…?” I looked at Rainbow Dash. I walked over to Twilight and helped her out of the pile.

“W-what do you mean?” she said, looking away.

“What did you do?” I asked again. She started fidgeting.

“N-nothing” she said, still looking away.

“What did you do?” I said. I walked right up to her and leaned down.

“ARGH! I LOOKED IN THE ROOM!” she cried out. My eyes went wide.

“…Out. Now” I said. Rainbow looked over at me with tears.

“I’m sorry…” she said.

“Out” I said. I sat down on my bed and put my head in my hands. She quickly stood up and left. Twilight followed.

“Don’t leave the house” I said. I heard the door close.

“Why… why did they have to open the door?” I sighed out loud.

Dude… It’s not that bad…

It’s something I’d rather forget…

Well now you have to live with it. I don’t care what happened with us in the past; just get the fuck over it.

I did so much shit with that stuff…

Now I see why Jen calls you her sister…

Shut it, asswagon.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Dash… Why did we look in that room?” Twilight asked. They were both sitting on the couch in the living room. Dash had finished crying.

“I don’t know… we were stupid…” she said.

“We should apologise… But I don’t get why he would want to hide that stuff… It was just some clothes” Twilight said.

“Yeah… a long black coat and a mask aren’t that bad, is it?” Rainbow Dash asked. Twilight shrugged. They heard a door open and
close. I walked down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen.

“Ah, Tom!” Twilight called. I stopped for a second to acknowledge that I heard her, and then continued to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and downed it in one breath. I sighed and put the glass in the sink.

“T-Tom?” Twilight said again. She was leaning on the bench that was between the kitchen and the lounge room.

“Yeah?” I said, turning to face her. She went red and started making circled with her right foot. Dash had walked up beside her.

“We really want to apologise for looking in that room…”Rainbow Dash said. She was bright red. I sighed and looked up.

“It’s ok… I might have overreacted… And the truth is that I really need to get over what’s in there” I said. Twilight walked into the kitchen and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. Rainbow Dash came in and made it a bone-crushing sandwich. I smiled and sighed.

“Jeez… I really can’t stay mad at you girls…” I wheezed out. They let go and laughed. We heard a loud crash from outside.

“The fuck was that?” I said. I walked out into the hall and out the front door. From there I ran around the building to behind the house.

“Really?” I said, collapsing on the floor. Twilight and Dash ran out behind me.

“F-Fluttershy?!” they cried in unison. A very sheepish girl was curled up on the ground. She had long pink hair, and was wearing a green shirt and green jeans.

“Where am I?” we heard a southern voice from behind us. I turned around and saw the source. There was another girl leaning against the house. She was wearing a red shirt with black polka dots that was tied in the middle above her waist, blue jeans, and a Stetson. I sighed.

“Another friend?” I asked. Twilight nodded.

“Applejack, what the hay are you doing here?” Rainbow Dash asked running up to her. Twilight helped Fluttershy stand. I fell backwards onto the grass.

“I’m too tired to deal with this right now…” I sighed. The girl in the Stetson slowly walked up to me.

“Now what do ya mean by that?” Applejack asked, looking half annoyed and half concerned.

“I’ve had a long day, and tomorrow is only going to be worse… I’m exhausted…” I said sitting up. Applejack visibly relaxed.

“I’m gonna head inside. Watch some TV, eat some food, or do whatever. Just don’t bother Jen” I smiled weakly. I stood up and headed around the house.

“Let’s talk inside…” I heard Rainbow Dash say. Fluttershy, who I had never heard speak, finally spoke up.

“A-Are you sure we’re allowed?” she asked.

“Yeah, come on in. Just close the door when all of you are inside” I called out. I was rewarded with a short ‘eep’. I walked into the lounge room and collapsed onto the couch. The girls all came in soon after and took seats in the lounge room. I shifted my feet off the couch, and Rainbow Dash crashed down.

“Ahm goin’ to ask the obvious question… Why are y’all helping us, sugarcube? I don’t even know your name” Applejack said. She didn’t take off her Stetson, and I didn’t really care.

“I’m Tom, and do I need a reason to help?” I shrugged. Applejack chuckled lightly.

“Ah guess not” she said.

“Anyone thirsty?” I asked, sitting up. Fluttershy nodded almost undetectably, while the others were all noticeable.

“Right, I’ll get you girls some water” I stood up and went into the kitchen. I poured 4 glasses of water, and grabbed a 1.25 litre bottle of Coke from the fridge. I brought the glasses in 2 at a time, then came in with my bottle. I cracked the lid off and took a huge gulp.

“That stuff looks like muck!” Twilight said, staring.

“Try some” I said, handing her the bottle. She took it and looked at it for a few seconds before taking a sip. Her eyes lit up and she took another sip.

“Wow… It tastes really different than what I expected!” she said. She handed the bottle back to me. Rainbow and Applejack were looking at the bottle, so I passed it to Rainbow. She took a swig and almost spit up.

“You didn’t tell me it was fizzy!!!” she cried. Applejack took the bottle, and was trying to stifle her laughter.

“You didn’t ask” I smiled. She glared at me, and Applejack took a much smaller sip.

“It’s not bad” she grinned. She offered the bottle to Fluttershy, who turned to me. I nodded and she gingerly took the bottle. She took the smallest of sips before putting the bottle on the table.

“It’s quite sweet…” she said quietly. The girls giggled. I grabbed the remote off the table and turned on the TV. They were all amazed at it, and I just laughed. The news was on and the story being told at the moment was the only one I was interested in.

“Today, the city wall was breached by Dark Followers. If you encounter a Dark Follower, you are encouraged not to engage it and to contact an Enforcer ASAP. In other news, head Esper researcher Vale Calendine has discovered a new way to protect those undergoing the ESP treatment”

I sighed and got up. The clock read 10:45pm. I started to walk upstairs.

“Twi, you can show Applejack and Fluttershy your room. I’m gonna take a shower, do some work then go to bed” I yawned.

“Alright” Twilight called out. I wandered upstairs.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After my shower I was sitting in my room. I put my glasses on and was staring at one of the 3 monitors on my desk. Twilight poked her head in 20 minutes after I started.

“What are you up to?” she asked. I looked away.

“Working. I’ve gotta make some cash” I said, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose. She walked over and saw lines of text.

“What exactly are you doing on this weird contraption?” she poked the screen.

“First: This thing is a computer. Second: I’m writing a program code for someone who hired me. Essentially, they want me to make something that wasn’t working before work. It doesn’t take too long for me…” I smiled and went back to typing. Twilight sat on the edge of my desk watching my type. 10 minutes passed and I finished the code and emailed it to my client. I turned off the computer and took off my glasses.

“I’m going to bed. Night” I said. Twilight stood up.

“Oh, ok. Good night” she smiled. She flicked the light off as she left and closed the door. I curled up in my sheets and, before long, went off to dreamland.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy were all curled up in the bed when Twilight went back to the room. She giggled before climbing in next to them. After a few minutes she felt a slight rustling of the sheets, before hearing the door softly open and close.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m a light sleeper but when I’m exhausted, it’s extremely difficult to actually wake me up. I’ll react to things around me, but still be asleep. I was aware that my door was opened and closed again, and my response was to groan. I was also aware that something had climbed into bed behind me and put its arm over my waist, and my response was to hold the hand of said arm and let the body it was attached to press against my back. After that minute, I was completely dead to the world.

Author's Note:

Second chapter is out! With the sudden appearance of 2 more girls, what's going to happen?!

Tell me what you think in the comments, and I hope you like it :)