• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,360 Views, 17 Comments

Double Vision - Closer-To-The-Sun



Applejack literally bumps into a brown stallion. After chasing him to his blue box, she gets quite more than she bargained for.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,360

Chapter 3: Aliens Exist

Chapter 3: Aliens Exist

“Well, now we know what their currently plan is,” the Doctor commented as he looked at Applejack.

“So, what are we supposed to do? We can’t jus’ let ‘em destroy Equestria!” the orange mare’s voice was full of panic and anger.

Focusing his attention back to his console, the Doctor continued to speak, “Don’t worry, my dear. I got a plan.”

“What’s the plan?”

A smile appeared on the Doctor’s face as he pulled one last lever, “Make it up as I go along.” The TARDIS shook as the machinery came alive.

“By the way, what did they mean by ‘the planet Dramos’? This is Equestria, is it not?” Applejack asked, holding on to the railing as the room moved.

“Long story. Let’s just say you’re located in the Horeshead Nebula and let’s leave it at that….”

The blue box landed in a back alley of Ponyville. Stepping out of the box, Applejack and the Doctor made their way to the center of the town. There, a massive crowd had gathered to look up to the sky. In the sky, a large rocket was visible. Joining with the rest of the ponies, the two were looking up at the spacecraft.

“Doctor, what do they think they’re doin’?” Applejack asked in a hushed tone. It was unlikely anypony nearby would pay attention to her, however as all eyes were glued to the sky.

“Judoon’s aren’t exactly known for their subtlety. This is more or less a scare tactic for the fugitive, trying to frighten them,” the brown stallion explained.

“It doesn’t seem ta be workin’.”

Before the Doctor could comment more on the topic, large weapon appeared from part of the hovering spacecraft. Many of the ponies clamored amongst themselves as they saw the item. The Doctor, however, was alarmed. Pulling the orange pony he was standing next to, he hurried the both of them back to the alley where the TARDIS was.

“Hey! Doctor, what’s the big idea?!” Applejack was struggling to keep herself from being dragged around by the Doctor. Finally about to follow with him without aid, she asked again, “What’s goin’ on?”

“That’s no ordinary weapon. If that’s what I think it is, we need to get back in the TARDIS now,” the Doctor kept his words brief as they found the blue box right where they left it. Opening the doors, both he and Applejack entered. The second the orange pony entered, he slammed the door behind him.

“Ah don’t follow, what is that thin’ those creatures have?”

The Doctor didn’t reply. Instead, he quickly made his way up to the console. Looking at one of the monitors, he saw that the Judoons have already used their weapon. Applejack quickly made her way to the Doctor’s side, watching the action unfold on the screen. Energy was emitted from the weapon towards the planet’s surface. However, instead of causing destruction, the energy seemed to freeze the citizens of Ponyville in their tracks. Every single creature outside was motionless, from the colts and mares trotting along to the butterflies and birds in the air.

“D-Did they just stop everypony from movin’?” the mare asked in disbelief.

The Doctor rubbed his chin with one of his hooves, “Well, this is a better outcome than what I originally thought. I didn’t think the Judoon would ever use time-halting technology.”

Applejack ignored the Doctor’s comment, wanting answers instead, “Why would they do this to a planet?”

“To find their target easier. It’s not the first time they’ve done this either. Not too long ago, a platoon of Judoon once moved an entire hospital to a planet’s moon because they had no jurisdiction on that planet.”

“What in tarnation is wrong with them?”

“They’re just doing their job. But believe me, they are still far more tolerable than silly metal trashcans screeching ‘exterminate’! The nerve of them!” the Doctor commented to himself. He turned his attention back to Applejack, “Oh, right, Judoon threatening to destroy your home planet. Come along, Applejack!”

Trotting towards the door, the Doctor picked up a brown hat from the floor and placed it on his own head. It was a similar hat to the one on top of Applejack’s head. The orange mare gave him a glare.

“What?”

“Why do ya need the hat?”

“What’s wrong with a stetson? Stetsons are cool. You’re wearing one,” the Doctor pointed to the top of her head.

Without missing a beat, Applejack used her hoof to hit the hat off his head and edged him out of the TARDIS.

The two trotted toward the exit of the alley, with the Doctor leading the way. As he was about the turn the corner, he quickly shoved Applejack and himself back into the alley.

“What in Equestria are y-“ Applejack was about to protest until her mouth was covered by the Doctor’s hoof.

The Doctor started talking, “The Judoon are already here, and they are looking for the Zygon individually. This is by far a more dangerous prisoner than I original thought.” The stallion looked at the mare who was trying to speak. “This might get a little more tricky than I thought.”

Finally moving the stallion’s limb so she could speak, “So what does that mean fer us?”

Taking a moment to think, the Doctor looked at Applejack for a few seconds. Finally speaking, he started, “Sorry about this.”

Before Applejack could ask what he meant by his words, the Doctor leaned toward her and kissed her right on the lips. While it only lasted for just a second, it was enough to cause the orange pony to shove him to the ground.

Picking himself up from off the ground, the Doctor chuckled slightly, “Heh, I was honestly expecting that sort of reaction. Now, then, let us go introduce ourselves. Just follow me and act natural.” The Doctor, without missing a beat, continued his trotting out of the alley.

Applejack needed a moment to collect herself, “How can ah act natural after somethin’ like that?!”