• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 956 Views, 34 Comments

The Marevengers: Equestria's Mightiest Heroes - applejackreturns



When Nightmare Moon returns, there was no pony who could stop her, until now Edited by TheInvincibleIronBrony

  • ...
6
 34
 956

The Everfree Forest

"Come on Spark, we need to find the nest and destroy it." Applejack said, as she ran out of City Hall, and into the plaza, where battle was being held. Pinkie jumped high and smashed entire groups of Changelings, while Hawkdash fought against an entire swarm hoof to hoof, The Wasp blasting some Changelings with her magic, and Animal Girl called some bears to help in the fight, and using her particles to increase her size, and smacking the Juggernauts into oblivion.

"Hang on, super soldier, my energy levels are low, I need a refill" said Iron Mare, while she tested her blasters, noticing the low power "If we go there it will be only you, since I can't do much without my armor."

As they chatted, a group of Changelings caught they're sight, hurriedly flying towards them and readying for battle. Applejack took notice of this, prepared for battle.

"Leave them to me Spark, we need your chest blast to destroy the nest" she said, positioning herself in front of Iron Mare, to protect her from the magic. "I can handle them"

Just as they spoke, the first blast came, Cap deflecting it in another Changelings direction, killing it. Then more blasts came, each and every one of them being redirected into hitting a Changeling. Just as they realized how useless they're actions were, decided to take her hoof to hoof. The group landed on the ground, with fierce looks in their faces, crossing eyes to see who was going to attack first. After a few moments an eager Changeling came rushing to attack Captain A'mare'ica, and as soon as he was close enough, she swung her shield with great force, meeting the Changelings face, sending him back to where he started. After that, they decided to attack all at once, and with a swing of her shield, knocked three into the ground, and taking the others out with her powerful blows.

In Equestria there was never a fighter so skilled and agile as she was, able to take foes far stronger than her, so a group of Changelings were not a problem. The fight was coming to an end when their numbers were less than a dozen. As soon as Applejack's last blow struck a Changeling's face, and sending him yards away, the battle was over, at least for now.

"Nice moves you got there Cap, but we still have to find the nest." Said Spark, a little impressed "And how do you propose we find it?"

"We follow those cowards right there" Applejack said, pointing at a group fleeing into Everfree Forest, trying not to get smashed by Pinkie "They will lead us right into the nest"

"Should we tell the others?" Asked Iron man looking at his battling friends,

"There is no time, if we don't destroy it, not even us will be able to stop them" Assured Applejack.


After what felt hours, Hawkdash was out of arrows, fighting with her bare hooves, getting a hit here and there, exhausted and injured, breaking some Changeling jaws and trying to hold the never ending army. She was a skilled mare, trained by Captain A'mare'ica in the art of fighting, although physically weaker than Cap, she was able to hold her ground, and as a field strategist, was the second in command, after Applejack of course.

"Pym, I need you to take on that battalion, Wasp, clear the air, do not let them shot us, and Pinkie..." She said, as Pinkie turned her head waiting for a command "Smash" And as soon as she said this, Pinkie jumped at a great height, taking a whole group of Changelings and smashing them into a building.

Moments after Pinkies jump, Hawkdash took a magic beam to the chest, burning her coat and sending her onto the ground, where she panted in pain, crawling away from her aggressors.

"Dash!!" Pym shouted, as she shrunk into normal size, running in her direction through the midst of the battlefield "Dash, oh no no no no..."

"Do not waste time Pym, they cannot fight by their own" Hawkdash heavily said "I'm going to be just fine"

"They can wait, you need medical attention, we must get you to a safe place" She said, dragging her friend inside a building

Pinkie jumped from one building to another, smashing groups of changelings, while Wasp fought in the air, shooting yellow beams out of her horn, and none of them knew what just happened to their leader.

"Stop moving, you are gonna make it worse" Flutter said, as she attended Dash "You are very injured, but I think I can heal it"

"Top priority right now is holding off the army, stopping it from spreading, not healing me, I'm you superior, and I order you to go back and help the others" Hawkdash said, with firm voice

"But, but..." Flutter initiated.

"Go, NOW!" Dash interrupted "Cap said hold the army, and that is what where are going to do."

Flutter Pym looked at Hawkdash with sad eyes, not wanting to leave her friend behind, but orders where orders, and she didn't dare not follow them, so she turned arround, giving her friend a final stare, before exiting the building, pressing the round button on her belt, and transforming into giant girl, just so a couple Changelings shot her in the face, infuriating her, as she slammed them into oblivion, and smashing a group on the ground with her giant hoof, filled with rage.


"Be quiet, they'll hear us" Whispered Applejack as she hid behind a tree "Hide, we don't want to alert them"

"Well, my armor was designed to be a powerful machine, not much of a stealth suit" Spark replied, making loud metal noises as she trotted behind the Captain "You know, I think this is pointless, you could destroy the nest by yourself."

"Thanks for that Spark, but I need what's in your chest" Captain A'mare'ica whispered "Your chest thingy has enough energy to blow a cave into ashes"

"You mean my reactor? My magic supplement? The supplement I need after you broke my horn? That reactor?" She said with an angry tone.

"Are you seriously bringing that up, right now!? Those were different times Spark, we were enemies, but now we must fight together to stop the witch!" Applejack shouted, drawing the attention of the Changelings they were chasing, and making them bolt "Oh perfect, now everypony is gonna now our plan!"

They both chased the fleeing Changelings, trying to catch up, just as soon as they unfolded their wings, the two ponies knew they weren't going to catch them, but something else was going on in Applejack's mind, that they didn't need to catch them, just take them down, and as the thought faded out of her mind, she grabbed her shield in a throwing position, and with a body spin and years of training, let the shield go with impressive speed, hovering between trees and branches, until it arrived it's destination, hitting a Changeling in the head, bouncing and hitting another Changelings in the forehead and a last one in the back of his neck, then ricocheting in a tree trunk, and landing on Captain A'mare'ica's hoof. And as soon as they got close to the Changelings, one stood up and attempted to fly, Cap readying her shield, as the Changeling took off, just to be blasted by a magic beam, shot by Iron Mare.

"I told you we needed all the energy in the reactor!" An angry Cap said, facing Spark "I could have taken him"

"I didn't want you to take all the credit" Said Stark with a grin on her unmasked face

"Do you think this is a game? Do you think our friends are risking their lives for nothing? There is one reason why you could never be a leader like you always wanted, and it's because you are unstable, you don't care for nopony, you are reckless and naive" She shouted.

"Oh I'm sorry, lab rat, but apart from you, I didn't gain all my powers out of an experiment" Iron Mare said, almost touching Cap's muzzle with hers. "See this suit? I created it, out of my genius, because of the lack of magic your stupid shield provided me"

"Do you want me to do it again? Because i will if you want me to" Applejack said, holding her shield with great strength, as to let Spark know she was ready to fight.

There was a moment of stares between the two, not knowing who would attack first, and after some thinking they came to a solution

"After this ends, I will take you down, Apple" Said Twilight.

"After this ends" Repeated Cap.

Even though they ventured deep in the Everfree forest, they still had no idea where the nest could be. They were both looking for a path that lead them, but there were too many leaves that it was made to difficult to locate it.

After a few minutes, Spark found it thanks to her OWLICIOUS system

"Found it" She said, leading the way "It shouldn't be very far from here"

Both trotted in silence, an uncomfortable silence, until they got to a rocky road, their senses telling them they were close, and their senses were right, for they found an entrance to a big, mossy and dark cave, to their surprise unguarded.

"Do you think this is it?" Applejack asked

"What better place to hide an army than a giant cave" Spark said, annoyingly "Especially a Changeling one."

They got close to the entrance, ready to defend themselves if somepony came out but nothing came out. As they got to the entrance, they peered their heads in, and the expression on their faces said a lot.

"Am I dreaming?" Cap asked.

"If we are, it's a preety weird dream" Spark answered.

And they had a good reason to be surprised, for what they found inside the cave wasn't just an army, but thousands upon thousands of Changelings, and other beasts they could recognize, like manticores, minotaurs, and, is that a dragon?