• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 401 Views, 2 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: Equestria - Talvox



A Thestral barely of age makes his way across Equestria, exiled from his own home.

  • ...
3
 2
 401

Prologue

Prologue

The Elder Scroll had been read 250 years ago, and it said that nothing could stop it, and nothing ever had. We had known it for two centuries, and it was waiting to be fulfilled.
This pony would have the Cutie Mark of a White Wisp. Once this pony was born, the prophecy would begin once that pony had gained their Cutie Mark.

This Scroll states that the pony with the Wisp Cutie Mark will begin the Scroll’s dark forebodings, but only begin it. It’s just my luck that my Cutie Mark is a White Wisp, like the Scroll foretells.

My birth began the Scroll’s dark warnings, saying that untold horrors will arise from the earth. After I was born, the Elder Scroll had begun to be fulfilled. It foretold of a pony who would start the apocalypse, and be killed shortly afterwards the start of it. I was that pony.

I am a Thestral, born of the Black Marsh, filled with swamps and all variety of disease and poisons. We often learned to thieve, although less than the Gryphons, who smuggled, and weren’t allowed in most major cities.

I learned to live in the harsh swamp, never knowing my parents, had grown up with little parental guidance or support. Candle Light acted as more of a mentor than a father, and even then he didn’t do that very well.

Some stories aren’t meant to be told. But this isn’t one of those stories. This one has to be told.




Racial Abilities:

Histskin: When you call upon the power of the Hist tree, you recover health 10 times faster and gain 15% damage resistance when used.

Hist Travel: While in the Black Marsh, you can use Hist Trees to quickly travel across the marsh. However, each time you use it, you permanently lose 10 health points.

Racial Perks:

Sneaky Thestral: You start with a +10 to Lockpicking, and +5 to Sneak and Speech.

Adaptive: Life in the Marsh has given you immunity to disease and 85% resistance to poison. Only the most deadly poisons can affect you.
Lizard Scales: Your scales allow you to take 10% more damage than other ponies.