• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 483 Views, 0 Comments

The Slash of Thunder - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



An electrical storm brings a new face to the town of Ponyville. [Romance] [Action] [combat]

  • ...
7
 0
 483

Light

A sneeze startled Blazing Streak awake. She looked to her wife, her mane was messy and tangled and her eyes had bags under them.

"Applejack? What's wrong? You okay? You look ill-"

"Firefly, Ah'm okay, jus' had a rough night." Applejack said, contrary to her appearance. Blazing Streak followed her gaze to the clock, which read "7:00 am".

"Guess Ah should get ta work." Applejack started to get up, but was stopped by Blazing Streak's hoof.

"Nope, you're ill. I can handle it today."

"Firefly, Ah said Ah'm okay, now let me get ta work." She shoved past Blazing's hoof and ambled towards the door. She huffed, before leaping out of bed and landing in front of her, a stern look on her face.

"No, you are sick, I wont let you." Applejack looked as if she was getting annoyed and was about to protest more.

"You're in no state to do hard labour like that right now, get back in bed and I'll handle it, just for today. No buts." She said, protectiveness overflowing. Applejack was about to reply, but it came out as a sneeze. She sighed.

"Okay, sugar cube. Ah guess yer right, but are ya sure ya can handle all of mah chores on yer own?" Blazing Streak just smirked and briefly kissed her on the cheek before heading downstairs.

As she opened the front door, the bright morning sunlight almost blinded her, it's golden rays blasting at her face. She shielded her eyes from the light with her hoof as they adjusted to the drastic light change.

She noticed Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle running after each other, laughing, most likely playing tag. Despite her worries about her wife being sick, a smile crept onto her face. She stretched her legs and wings before going to find Big Mac so she could ask him what needed to be done.

She figured he'd be out in the orchard bucking, so she trotted through the apple tree forest. She was pretty deep in when her head suddenly started throbbing. She lifted a hoof up to her temple and winced in pain.

Screaming?

She thought she heard numerous ponies screaming in fear in the distance. Confused and in pain, she looked to her right towards Ponyville. She couldn't see anything from here. She started walking towards the screeching. Moments later she was caught off guard by a rumble beneath her.

Earthquake?!

She then started to hear cracking stone and earth under her hooves.

What in Tarnation is going on?!

It all went silent for a moment before the ground around her started to split open, earth falling into crevices which widened. Her eyes shrunk in fear as she saw the gaping cracks begin to light up. Looking down one, she saw the orange glow of magma getting brighter and brighter. She quickly took to flight to avoid falling in. Her head then started to throb again, before she fell to the ground and passed out.

.--...--...---...--...--.

Blazing Streak opened her eyes. She was in her room, looking up at the wooden ceiling. She began to remember what had happened, and she quickly sat up, only to be stopped by an orange hoof.

"Woah there, sugar cube." Her wife's hoarse voice came from her right. She looked around in confusion.

Was it a vision? I can't hear any screaming or rumbling.

"What happened? Big Mac found ya unconscious in the middle of the orchard." Applejack asked.

"I think I had a vision or something. The ground started splitting, and magma started to rise from the cracks. I guess I just lost consciousness after that."

Maybe Thunder Slash was telling the truth, if this means anything, it isn't good... I need to talk to her.

Applejack had a puzzled look on her face before she started coughing. Blazing Streak sighed and started rubbing her back.

"Did you need something to drink?" She asked, pushing her other worries to the back of her mind.

"Can Ah have some water?" Blazing Streak nodded, got up and headed downstairs.

While on the way to the kitchen, she started to think back on the last two days. Thunder Slash had told her about a prophecy, she had originally doubted it, as Slash hadn't given her much information or how she had heard of it. But now, with the vision, she was starting to believe there was some truth in it.

.--...--...---...--...--.

Blazing Streak shot through the air towards Twilight's library. She had to talk to Thunder Slash about what had happened earlier on that morning. She saw the massive tree below her and started to descend. Upon reaching it, the door slammed open and the blue Pegasus she'd been looking for stormed out, with an aggravated look on her face.

"Uh, you okay?" She asked.

"Ugh, worst night ever." Thunder Slash grunted.

"What happened in there?" Blazing pressed.

"Oh, Celestia... Remind me never to let Twilight show me her lab again. She kept recording my heartbeat and vital signs and all that crap, saying it was 'for science'. How do you live with that pony?" Slash replied with a groan.

"Just don't let her lead you downstairs again, or you might end up on an operating table about to be dissected." Blazing chuckled.

"Anyway, I need to talk to you in private, it's important." She went on. Thunder Slash looked at her for a moment, before nodding and taking off. Blazing Streak followed her to a large cloud ahead of the town.

"What do you want?"

"I had a vision this morning, I think it has something to do with the prophecy you mentioned." Blazing started. Thunder Slash looked thoughtful.

"And?.." She made signs with her hoof, signalling for Blazing to go on.

"The ground started to split apart, right down to the magma. Do you know if this has anything to do with what you were told?"

Thunder Slash had an equally puzzled expression on her face, a hoof brought up to her chin, deep in thought. After a few moments, she shook her head slowly.

"Probably." Just after she finished talking, a rainbow blur shot past, close enough to destroy the cloud beneath them. Blazing Streak flailed a bit before flapping her wings to stay up.

"What the fuck?!" Thunder Slash exclaimed from below. Blazing laughed before launching after the rainbow that had interrupted them. Thrusting her wings as hard as she could, she caught up with Rainbow Dash, who was laughing as she looked back at Thunder Slash, who was also soaring towards them. While Blazing Streak had a fiery aura around her as she sped, Slash looked as if she was riding at the front of a bolt of electricity, slowly gaining on them.

"I'm gunna kill you!" She was shouting. She looked pissed.

"Um, Rainbow? You might want to look out." Blazing Streak warned the guffawing Pegasus. Thunder Slash was catching up to her, and when she turned round, she immediately yelped and dived toward the ground, followed by the two other mares.

Rainbow Dash touched down in front of Twilight's library and rushed to hide in some bushes nearby. A moment later, Twilight opened the door with a confused and irritated look on her face.

"What's going on? Rainbow? Why are you hiding?" Thunder Slash touched down as well. Upon seeing Twilight, she scowled at her, causing the Unicorn to step back with an uncomfortable smile on her face.

"Don't, Slash." Blazing Streak could tell that she was about to leap.

"Or what? You gonna burn me with your little embers? Pfff, sure, like you would try." She said with a cocky and spiteful grin.

"Try me." Blazing growled.

"Oh, she will." Rainbow Dash emerged from the bushes. "I gotta see this."

"Rainbow..." Twilight warned, glaring at the rainbow maned Pegasus, who shrugged.

"What?"

Before any pony could respond, Thunder Slash launched herself at Twilight, a direct challenge to the red Pegasus, who accepted it immediately by slamming herself into Slash with her fore-hooves outstretched. Using her momentum, she pushed Thunder Slash into the ground. For a heartbeat, Thunder Slash looked shocked, until the cocky smirk crept it's way onto her face. She lashed out with a fore-hoof, grabbing Blazing Streak by the neck and flung her to the right. She rolled for a moment before gaining her balance, just in time to block a blue hoof and use her other free fore-leg to punch Thunder Slash in the stomach. She heard whooping in the distance, probably by Rainbow Dash, distracting her for a moment, long enough for Slash to electrocute her with the arm that she had blocked. She felt strong pain rupture through her fore-leg and around her body as Thunder Slash laughed and kept pulsing electricity through her hoof.

That's enough!

Fighting the pain, she stomped a hoof into Thunder Slash's shin, disrupting the pulse of energy and sending the cocky mare stumbling for a moment, hissing in pain. Not letting a second pass, she lunged forward, outstretched her wings and flipped over backwards, her hind-legs smashed into Slash's chin, she sailed a few feet into the air. Once Blazing Streak's hind-legs touched the floor, she pushed off. Flame erupted from her two front hooves as she slammed them into the Pegasus, sending her into the building nearby.

"Yeah! Go Blazing! Whoo!" Rainbow Dash shouted from below, accompanied by a worried Twilight. Groups of ponies were gathered nearby, including most of her friends, watching the fight progress. Some cheered and some shrunk back and cringed.

Blazing Streak watched Thunder Slash dislodge her limbs from their tomb, buried in the wall of someone's home.

Shit...

After a few moments, the blue Pegasus recovered. Scowling, Lightning sparked from her front hooves, she raised them forward and four bolts of electrical energy burst out and coursed through the air towards Blazing Streak. She ducked and they barely skimmed her ears. She was about to send bolts of flame at her, but them she remembered their surroundings. She faced Thunder Slash, who looked more angry than cocky now. She growled and then raised her front hooves once more. Blazing Streak prepared to dodge more bolts of lightning. She then realized that instead of sending them at her, Thunder Slash was building up energy in her front hooves.

Beam... Alright then

She pointed her own two front hooves back, fire engulfed them, the flames growing and intensifying as it swirled around them. Blazing Streak gritted her teeth as she built up energy. She was going to need a rest after this.

They both released the energy at the same time, lightning clashed against fire. A light grew at the collision point, building up as both Pegasi struggled to out-do the other. The ponies gathered round were silent, staring up at the spectacle with wide, awestruck eyes. Blazing Streak took notice of the unnaturally bright light in front of her, which got bigger and brighter the more they pumped energy into each other's beam. She had to squeeze her eyes shut to avoid being blinded. The sphere of light suddenly exploded, sending a shock wave which knocked both of them back. Blazing Streak slammed into The Library tree. Agony and fatigue flowed through her nerves as she slid down the trunk and hit the floor. She felt Blood drip from her mouth as she groaned in pain. Through her daze, she also heard Thunder Slash let out a yelp in frustration and pain, accompanied by a cracking sound.

"Blazing? Hey, wake up! You okay? Equestria to Blazing Streak!" She opened her eyes, irritated by Rainbow Dash, who had a genuine look of concern as she loomed over her.

"...Ouch... My everything." Blazing groaned.

Twilight appeared in front of her in a purple flash, startling her.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" She fretted.

"Probably, feels like I just flew into the side of a mountain at super sonic speeds, but I'll live." She stumbled from her limp position to an unstable stand. She noticed Thunder Slash at the other side of the street in a similar situation against the same building she had been flung against before, a few ponies hung around, curious about the newcomer

"What was that light? It's never happened before in any situation like that."

Twilight scratched her chin with her hoof.

"If I'm not terribly mistaken, I'd say the combination of pure flame energy mixed with that of lightning caused a reaction of the two energies which created pure light energy, which can be seen when the elements of harmony are used, along with friendship magic, of course. This type of energy is said to be one of the most powerful in Equestria, among the elements and... Dark magic."

Blazing Streak dead-panned. "A simple 'light energy' would have been enough, Twi." The purple Unicorn smiled sheepishly and blushed.

"Wow, so lightning combined with fire makes immensely powerful energy.." Blazing Streak pondered, confirmed by Twilight with a nod.

"Hey, Blazing! That fight was so AWESOME! Ya gotta teach me how to fight like that.. Not like I can't anyway, but the practice would be cool!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Blazing Streak yawned.

"Well, maybe some day, when I have time." The Cyan Pegasus jumped in the air and whooped once more.

Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy all crowded round her.

"Oh my, are you okay Blazing Streak? That looked painful." Fluttershy said in a quiet voice.

"OH! THAT LOOKED SO COOL! The bright light at the end was my Favourite part! Well except when you did that flip but it was still amazing and we need a party to celebrate the coolness of it and then we can get you and Thunder Slash to fight again and it will be like a movie and we'll have cupcakes, chocolate, punch, cider and O-" Pinkies rambling was cut off by Rainbow Dash, who lodged one of Pinkie's own hooves in her mouth, muffling her squeals of excitement.

"Are you quite alright Blazing, dear? It looked like you took quite a beating in that little quarrel." Rarity asked.

"I'm sure I'll be fine when I get some sleep." Blazing Streak answered, she then noticed Pinkie Pie dragging an exhausted Thunder Slash towards sugar cube corner.

"I'd better get home."

.--...--...---...--...--.

"Well that sounds like an interestin' day. Ah've jus' been up here, bored out of mah mind and feelin' a might useless." Applejack complained. She sounded a lot better, thanks to lots of sleep, and could probably get back to work the next day.

"Hey, you're not useless at all, just because you missed one day because you were ill doesn't mean you're slacking, Applejack. You'll probably be able to get back to work tomorrow, heck, with all the distractions, I don't think I got much done, I'll help you if you want anyway." Blazing Streak reasoned.

"Ah guess that's true."

"Oh Celestia..." Blazing Streak groaned.

"What is it, Firefly?"

"I think Thunder Slash is staying with Pinkie Pie tonight." Blazing Streak said as she face-hoofed.

"Horseapples."

The two laughed a bit before intertwining themselves once more and falling asleep.

Author's Note:

And the record for slowest progress ever goes to!

...Zepherno!


Shit.

Also, if you're questioning my logic on light magic/energy:

It's fiction, deal with it.

Hope you enjoyed, I would appreciate if you rated and gave me constructive criticism, not that you have to, of course.