• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 808 Views, 6 Comments

The New Generation - Autobot Lancewing



Fluttershy is the only member of the Mane Six to remain in Equestria, but a new generation of ponies appear, with one certain pony unaware of his ultimate destiny.

  • ...
17
 6
 808

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lancer walked up to the library and knocked at the door. “Come in,” a male voice said. Lancer opened the door and walked in. Unlike most libraries, this one looked and felt very...homey. A tall, green dragon was making his way down one of the ladders. “Oh hey there, Lancer.”

“Hi Spike,” Lancer replied, “How’s it going?”

“Good,” Spike replied. He wore a green T-shirt and jeans, but no shoes. “How ‘bout you?”

“Good. Hey, could I ask you something?”

“Sure, whatcha need?”

“Do you think it’s weird that I side with the girls all the time?”

“Uh...I don’t find it weird, but I grew up with several girls.”

Lancer merely chuckled, “Yeah, that’s true. But I just can’t find one time where I defended the boys. Even when I helped Teddy and Ace in a lemonade war against the girls, I still ended up joining their side. And you know why the girls set up the lemonade stand in the first place?”

“To buy a new tea set?”

“Yes! They needed a new tea set to replace the one that they broke. By the way, I still have yet to learn how that happened.”

“Oh, well…erm… How far did the war go?”

“We were sabotaging each other. Ace even stole the recipe for the lemonade from Bon Bon.”

“Ouch. Yeah… I see why you took their side.”

“Yeah… And it happens all the time.”

"Well, did you ever feel weird around any of the girls?"

“Well... No… Okay, I do feel weird around one in particular…”

Spike raised an eyebrow, "Yeah..."

“I guess you can say weird in a good way, but…”

“But…”

“I don’t know. I mean, we both have common interests and… well… I think I like her.”

“Does this girl happen to be incredibly smart?”

“Yes.”

“Loves school?”

“Yes.”

“And her name’s Bright Eyes.”

“Yes. HEY!”

"Sorry, but, c'mon, she IS the smartest girl you know, and come on, it’s obvious how you feel about her.”

"It is?"

"Yeah, but I only know cuz I was like that for a couple girls."

“Wait, a couple?”

“Yeah, the first one had quite a long story, and the other ended up being my wife.”

Lancer raised an eyebrow. "So...it took you two girls to find your wife?"

“Yeah, not every pony had the experience of love at first sight.”

That discouraged Lancer a bit. True, he hadn't developed those feelings until after he had talked with her, but still. “So what did you do?”

"Um...Its kinda personal..." Spike's cheeks turned red.

Just then, Applebloom, a yellow pony with red braided hair, walked in. She was wearing a pink T-shirt, jean shorts, and flip-flops. “Howdy Lancer.”

“Hey Mrs. Applebloom.”

“Lancer, I told you several times before to just call me Applebloom.”

“Sorry, I just didn’t want to be rude.”

“Trust me, no harm would be done. How are your parents?”

“Good. Their in a business meeting in Manehattan right now, but they’ll be back before school starts.”

“That’s good. Business must be good for them.”

“Yeah, but I still wish they were home more often.”

"I know ya do. But it could be worse," Applebloom said.

“Yeah… Wolves could attack the city, and my parents would be forced to go into hiding.”

“Okay… A little extreme, but still.”

"I just wish sometimes they'd come to one of my school things, or when I’m playing soccer, or even just to take me on a small picnic. I don’t really care, just as long as they’re home.”

“I know, but I'm pretty sure one of the reasons they work so hard is cuz they love you, and they want to make sure you live the best life possible.”

"I guess, it's just...hard." A tear started to form in Lancer's eye. "I should probably go."

“Is there anything you need before you go?”

“No, I think I’m good.” Lancer walked out of the library depressed.

******

Sweetheart walked onto Sweet Apple Acres. She followed the tree-lined path toward the barn which was connected to the house. She came to the door and knocked, awaiting a response.

Eventually, the door opened revealing a young, brown unicorn, wearing a grey t-shirt, tan shorts, socks, and had on glasses. “Hello, Sweetheart,” He greeted.

“Hi Fission,” Sweetheart smiled, “Is your mom home?”

“She’s in the back,” He replied.

“Okay, thank you.” Sweetheart entered and made her way to the back door. She opened that door and saw Fluttershy playing fetch with Winona. She was a yellow pony with a salmon-colored mane and wore a pink turtleneck, jeans, and tennis shoes. "Hi Mrs. Fluttershy. How are you today?"

Fluttershy turned to face Sweetheart. “Oh. I am well, Sweetheart,” she answered.

"Good. I thought I'd come by and discuss our schedule for when school starts."

“Oh yes, that would be a good idea. You’ve only got… two days left, is that correct?”

“Three, but you were really, truly close.”

“Thank you.”

Sweetheart nodded. “Anyway, what do you think would be best?”

"Um...well, I don’t want you here any earlier than four but no later than six, that way you’ll be able to get here and get some work done here before you have to go home and get some homework done. But then you also babysit for your sisters...And I'm sure you'll need a little time to yourself to take it easy."

“I guess we could talk with my parents to get it worked out?”

"Maybe, but they have a lot going on, I don’t want to impose.”

“It’s not a bother. In fact, we’re going to be hosting a slumber party for my friends tomorrow night. If you want to discuss it with them then, I’m sure they won’t mind.”

“Well…” She thought it over for a minute. "I'll ask Macky what he thinks, if that's alright."

“That’ll really, truly work just fine.”

"Good," Fluttershy grinned.

“Is there anything you need me to do while I’m here?"

"Um...well, I can't really think of anything. We do have a shipment of hay coming in tomorrow.”

"Ok, when should I come over?"

“Well, it’ll come in the afternoon; we could use the help then.”

“Okay then, see ya then.” She started to walk away, but she turned back. “If you see Mr. Big Macintosh, tell him I said ‘Hi’.”

"Ok, see you tomorrow."

Sweetheart walked through the house and made her way off of the property. Almost as if on cue, Big Macintosh walked up to Fluttershy. He was a red pony with orange hair wearing jeans and work boots. "D'ya get everything squared away," He asked.

Fluttershy turned to him. "For the most part. I’m going to talk with her parents tomorrow night.”

"Ok, after the hay delivery, right?"

“Oh yes, she’ll make it then. Her friends are actually having a sleepover tomorrow night, which is why she asked me to come then.”

"Alright."

"Do you need to do anything tomorrow night?"

"Nope."

“Okay. Maybe we should do something when I get back. If you don’t mind I mean.”

"What do you mean?"

“Fission will be going to school soon. I was thinking we should have one last hoorah before he goes back.”

"Oh, I guess so."

“I don’t have any ideas right now, but we can think about it.”

“Eeyup.”

"Well, I should probably work on supper, I'd imagine you're pretty hungry."

“Eeyup.”

Fluttershy walked into the house with Big Macintosh following close behind.

******

Clover walked into her house. She began to make her way into the living room. Unknown to her, another presence began to steadily creep up on her. The figure stretched out both of her hands and covered Clover's eyes. This caused Colver to jolt in alarm. "What the-?"

"Guess who..."

"Daring Do?"

“No…”

“I’m just kidding. Meadowlark?”

"Bingo!" Her hands were removed from Clover's eyes and she pulled her into a hug. Clover quickly hugged back.

Meadowlark, a light lavender pony with yellow braided hair, wearing a t-shirt and jeans, was Clover’s older sister. Like Clover, she is a talented ballerina, but she also works with a travelling ballet company. "So how's my little sister," Meadowlark asked.

“A little nervous,” Colver answered, “School starts back in three days.”

"Oh, we'll I'm sure you'll do okay." The older girl smiled.

“I hope so. How are you?”

“A little nervous, but at the same time very excited.”

“I bet. I’d probably be that way too if I were about to marry someone.”

Meadowlark had fallen in love with one of her fellow performers, Cheval. He proposed to her almost six months ago. The wedding was scheduled for the next Saturday.

"Maybe one day you will..."

"Meh, I doubt it, especially considering I'm kind of a-" Suddenly, Clover bumped into a wall. “Ah! Did not see that.”

"Are you okay," Meadowlark asked in a concerned tone.

“I’m okay. I just had one of my moments.”

“Okay.”

Meadowlark helped Clover up. "Thanks, sis."

“No problem.” The two then walked into the living room. Three ponies had already started a conversation.

Clover's father, a Pegasus named Cirrus, was a light shade of purple with a light blue mane. He worked as a sculptor, and he has yet to have one of his creations turned down. Clover has been a fan of his work.he is currently wearing a black shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

Clover's mother, an earth pony named Spotlight, was a darker shade of purple, but had pink hair identical to that of Clover's. She used to be a stage actress, and used to be a model as well, until Meadowlark was born. Since then, she became a stay-at-home mom. She wore a purple t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

Cheval was a yellow earth pony with red hair. He was Meadowlark’s fiance and fellow performer. They had known each other for a while, and Cheval was the first one in their group to help her out. One distinguishing feature is his French accent. He wore a grey sweatshirt with their group’s logo imprinted on the center, khaki pants, and brown shoes.

Meadowlark crept towards the back of Cheval’s chair, and suddenly wrapped her arms around him in a large hug.

Cheval jumped, but when he realized it was his fiancee, he slumped back in his chair, grinning.

“Doing okay, sweetie,” Meadowlark whispered.

“I suppose,” Cheval whispered back in his French accent, “But your parents are putting me through the ringer.”

“We heard that,” Cirrus announced.

Meadowlark rolled her eyes, “Need help?”

Cheval gave her a look that melted Meadowlark’s heart.

“Fine, but you’ll have to make room,” she said.

“As you wish.” Cheval scooted over allowing Meadowlark a spot to sit.

“Thank you.” Meadowlark sat next to him.

"We're glad you're here, sweetie, we do want to talk to you," Spotlight explained.

“Oh, okay. What’s up?”

"Well, we're just wanting to make sure that you're ready for marriage now."

“Mom, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. Looking back on my life, I know I am.”

"But...you know, marriage is a permanent commitment."

“I know, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.”

“Alright…”

"Well, I guess I'm fine with it," Cirrus confessed before turning his attention to Cheval. “But if you hurt my daughter, they’ll never find your body.”

Cheval took a nervous gulp before looking at Meadowlark, then at Clover. “So Clover, are you looking forward to school,” he asked hoping to change the subject.

“Well, not really,” Clover answered, "I'm more excited about maybe having a niece or nephew."

Meadowlark simply giggled at the comment. “Trust me, it’ll be a while before that happens.”

"Better be," Cirrus noted.

“By the way, Sweetheart’s hosting a sleepover tomorrow night,” Clover added.

"Oh, that's nice, are you wanting to go," Spotlight asked.

“I am.”

"Will her parents be there?"

“They will be as far as I know.”

They both gave it some thought. "We'll want to see that they are, but as long as they are, you can go."

“Okay. Thank you Mom.”

"Sure, sweetie."