• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 385 Views, 0 Comments

A CrossFire - Spadez



Crossfire, a grey colt with a jet black mane must adjust to being the new captain of the castle guards. Due to Shining armor leaving. Through time he finds secrets about him and other ponies which were locked up in the castle walls long ago...

  • ...
 0
 385

Week one: Good-byes and Hellos

Good-Bye's And Hello's

It was three weeks before Hearts Warming Eve and all of Canterlot was getting ready to celebrate. The ground was covered in white, shimmering snow and lights hung on houses despite it still being early for some ponies. One house on the street was not decorated though. This pony had never really celebrated. Never. He didn't have any family to. He exited his house with a sigh, his warm breath creating a cloud in front of him. He wore a grey scarf around his neck and a watch on his front left hoof. The colt just trotted down the street, ignoring all of the 'hello's' and holiday cheers he heard. This black and grey colt headed for the castle to report for duty.

"Crossfire, you're late." Shining armor stated as he saw the colt hang his scarf on a hanger. Both unicorns glared at each other.

"Sorry sir." Crossfire grumbled. "I thought it was my day off."

"Well, It's not. Now get to your post." Shining armor huffed. The white stallion trotted off to another room.

"Well, It's not. Now get to your post." Crossfire mimicked and stomped off the the hall way.

oOo

"Celestia wants to see you Crossfire." One of the guards said. It had only been about two hours and he was being sent back to the throne room? Really? Crossfire growled at the guard.
"Take over my shift then." He then whipped around and made his way to where Celestia was. Crossfire opened the door to the throne room and sighed. "Yes your majesty?" He asked in a happier tone.
"Shining armor is leaving tomorrow." Celestia suddenly stated.
"What?"
"He's leaving to the Crystal empire tomorrow." She said a little more specifically.
"He's gonna be a guard there?" Crossfire asked.
"Yes." Celestia nodded. The mare took a step towards him and took a deep breath. "He want's you to be the next captain." Crossfire was quite shocked at what she just said. Why him?
"If he wishes." He replied with a straight face.
"But it's not fully up to him on who becomes the next captain. It's up to the three princesses that are present in Canterlot." Luna said. She had just came from a different room, probably playing video games again.
"Hey princess Luna, can't wait for Kingdom Hearts three eh?" Crossfire grinned.
"Of course I can not wait!" Luna exclaimed and frowned. "Do not change the subject guard..."
"Wait... Three princesses? I thought there are only two here?" Crossfire cocked an eyebrow in curiosity.
"Have you forgotten about princess Twilight?" Luna asked.
"N-No, I haven't forgotten. I thought she's still in ponyville."
"No. She is visiting Canterlot so she can say goodbye to her brother." Celestia said before her sister could interrupt. Just then the door opened, letting a cold breeze fill the air, which sent chills up the three ponies spines and possibly all of the castle guards.

A lavender colored alicorn walked in, her horn glowing. "It's a blizzard out there. I don't think any pony will be leaving the castle tonight." The mare said, folding her wings.
"Hello Twilight." Celestia smiled. "Where's Spike?"
"He was having one of his seven hour bubble baths. I didn't want to disturb him." Twilight glanced over at Crossfire and an unreadable expression flashed across her face. "Who's this?" She asked.
"I'm Crossfire." He said with a huff. "Could you close the door?"
"Oh yeah..." Twilight laughed with embarrassment. The door shut and Twilight held her hoof out to shake. "I'm Twilight Sparkle." Crossfire shook her hoof and the just stared at each other for a moment.
"Um... Okay." Luna said out loud, making the situation more awkward. The two ponies looked over at Luna with a puzzled expression.
"Shall I show Twilight to her room?" Crossfire asked. Celestia just nodded and began talking to Luna.

They entered the empty halls and Crossfire looked around. Eventually they made it to an empty room, where Twilight usually stayed when in the castle. "Here you go princess." Crossfire said and he threw her bags in the room with his magic.

OoO

The horns blew loudly and Crossfire sat upright, staring at Shining armor as he boarded the train. Twilight, Luna and Celestia all agreed that Crossfire should be the new captain of the royal guards. Twilight stood beside Crossfire, waving to her brother as the train took off. "At least I can visit him anytime." She smiled.

Crossfire returned to the castle and began cleaning up. Suddenly the castle got really messy, even when no pony was there. The only thing that could have made a mess was Discord. Wait... Crossfire heard noises coming from Luna's room, so, like any normal pony would do, he went to investigate. There Discord was, holding a controller in his hands, shooting at aliens. In a game of course.
"Did Luna give you permission to be in here Discord?" Crossfire growled. The T.V turned off along with the game system and Discord turned around. He was a puppet!
"Of course I had permission Cross. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't." The puppet then turned into the real thing. Discord grinned and wrapped himself around Crossfire. You're just the pony I've been looking for."
"What do you mean?"
"I have information that no other pony knows." Discord snapped his fingers and then he was floating in front of Cross fire.
"What kind of information?"
Discord leaned over and smirked. "I know who your father and mother are."

Author's Note:

Ehhh.....Flat ending I know, but I got bored.