• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 339 Views, 4 Comments

The Story of Viola - Viola Strings



This is a story about me. I face many challenges and even meet new ponies along the way.

  • ...
 4
 339

The Beginning

"Viola?"
"Viola!" She screamed as if she were in agony. As she ran to my side I could faintly hear her.
"No."
***

I shot up in a cold sweat in the hospital, and I saw a familiar face.
"P-Princess Luna, your highness, what're you doing here?"
"Well, your mother was here, and-"
"Wait, she was here!?"
"Yes, and she told me to watch over you until she had returned. So, in the meantime, would you mind telling me just exactly what happened?"
"Like, beginning to end?"
"Yes like beginning to end."

I just let out a small sigh. "No problem."
***

I was visiting in Canterlot looking for Octavia and Vinyl Scratch (or DJ Pon-3, whichever you prefer). They were like an extended family to me. But, as hard as I had searched, they were nowhere in sight. As I kept wandering through town, I was greeted by a mailpony.
"Letter for Vee-ola?"
"It's Viola."
"My apologies."

I looked at the envelope and saw it was specifically from you.
"Oh, come on! Why don't these things ever open." After a minute or so, I finally got it open.

'Dear Viola,
There is an emergency at the castle. We need you here right away. Please hurry!

Princess Luna'

I had to read it a couple of times, just so I knew what exactly it was that I was reading.
"Oh no."

I flew as fast as I could to the castle.
"Luna! You needed to see me?"
"Yes. While my sister is away, I will be ruling over Equestria."
"Okay..."
"There is to be a celebration! We need Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, but they are missing."
"What? No, they can't be missing!"
"When was the last time that you have seen them, or have talked to them?"

There were way too many things going on in my mind.
"I-I can't remember."
"Viola. Please, if you know you must tell us."
"I-I can't remember! Usually I can, but I just can't!"

And with that, I bolted out of the castle. But you probably already remember that. Anyways, when I flew out, I could feel myself crying. I couldn't believe it, but I was.
"No! Viola Strings does not cry!"

That was something I probably shouldn't have said, because it was getting worse. I found a cloud I could rest on before I went back. Very faintly, I could hear somepony yelling something I couldn't make out, until it hit me. Or he hit me I should say.
"LOOK OUT!"

Next thing I knew I was tackled onto the cloud.
"Ouch. Why don't you watch where you-"

I trailed off when I saw who had hit me. It was a stallion, a rather cute one I might add. He was pretty tall, he had bright, emerald green eyes, a light gray almost white coat, and a windswept crimson mane and tail. After I was done gawking at him, I could see he was trying to help me.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, sure! I'm fine."
"Uh, I'm Blaze Streak by the way."
"Uh, I-I'm, heh heh, I'm-"

He put his hoof to my lips.
"I need to get going but I know I'll see you later."
"You, what?"
"See ya tomorrow blue eyes."

He have me a wink and flew off.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So this is the first chapter, tell me what you think and PLEASE tell me if you prefer Vinyl Scratch or DJ Pon-3 I would like to give you guys a good story so leave a comment on what you think and what name you prefer? Thanks!