• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 1,020 Views, 14 Comments

The Tale of Lovely Feathers - LovelyMuse



A young human girl wakes up as a pony in Canterlot with no memory of who she is. Princess Celestia takes her in, but will the girl's memories ever return?

  • ...
1
 14
 1,020

Prologue: The Last Letter

Dear Mother,

The night sky here in Cairo is nothing short of spectacular. Never before have I seen so many stars, reminding me of a painting I saw while in London to further study the history of Ancient Egypt and lay my eyes upon the famed Rosetta Stone. However, you probably don't want to read me ramble on about the ancients, so I'll get back to the stars. The days are hot and the nights are frigid, but seeing this beautiful sky is worth facing the sudden shifts in temperature. I've been told that an unexpected meteor shower is to take place in three days, so I plan on taking plenty of pictures for you. I love you so much and miss you dearly. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Your loving daughter,
Melody

Tears formed in the elderly woman's eyes and she folded the letter and placed it in her lap. For perhaps the hundredth time, she looked at the photos her daughter had taken of the meteor shower. The Polaroid photos were spectacular, showing streams of stars frozen in time with a single snap. The final photo, however, had only been able to partially develop before the camera was destroyed, revealing a bright golden light.

More tears escaped her and dripped onto the photos and letter. She set them aside and grabbed her handkerchief, wiping away the tears. Once she regained some composure, she looked down at the figure lying in the hospital bed before her. No major life support had been applied yet, but as the days dragged on without results, it was only a matter of time.

The woman picked up the patient's cold hand, treating it like a fragile piece of fine china. Fear for what lay ahead for the comatosed individual plagued her mind.

"Oh my sweet daughter, what happened?"

Author's Note:

My first ever MLP: FiM fanfc. Questions and comments are welcome.