• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 604 Views, 9 Comments

Screams In The Dark - Dj vinyls



After being abducted, Scootaloo is slowly dying. But doctors cant figure out why. She seemed perfectly fine until a week after the abduction.

  • ...
3
 9
 604

Messages From A Friend

I look over at my nightstand to see a note and a plate. I carefully drag myself towards the nightstand. My side hurts badly and I bite my lip to keep from blacking out again. On the sake of my curiosity I reach my nightstand and reach for the note. I grab it and read who its from. Mom. The note reads:

Hey sweetie. Sorry for what happened to you last night. I left you a plate
of fresh cookies. Theres also a bottle of painkillers for if the pain
becomes unbearable. Take it easy this week. The doctor says that you
should be able to move a bit easier in a few days, but until then rest up.
Love,

Mom

I look back up at the nightstand. My mom left a glass of water next to the pills. I take a few and carefully crawl back into my bed. I close my eyes hoping that the nightmare won't come back. Thankfully it doesn't. I sleep for a few hours. Letting the painkillers kick in and soothe me. When i wake up the pain is gone. I slide out of my bed and over to my laptop. I have tons of messages. Mainly from my friends. But I ignore most of them. I'm only worried about two of them. One of the two is from my bestie. She has sent five messages. Most were sent around 2pm. I look at the clock for the first time today. Its 6:37pm. She must be waiting for an answer. I open up her log and read all the messages from her.

-SweetieBelle-
2:16: Hey!!! Are u up yet???
2:39: Hey scoots. Are you ok?
2:43: Did you get my package yet?
3:08: Can I come over? I wanna make sure ur ok!!
3:23: Let me know when u read this.

I read through them. What happened to me last night? Why is everyone so worried? It must have been pretty bad if Sweetie Belle is getting worked up over it. I reply to her messages and she answers instantly.

-Scootaloo-
6:43: Hey sweetie, whats up?
6:44: OMG SCOOTS YOUR OK!!!!
6:45: Not exactly. I'm in really bad pain. What happened to me last night?
6:46: You mean you don't remember? Thats odd. Anyways. You were found walking down a road. You almost got hit by a cart!!! The ponies inside tried to convince you to let them take you to the hospital… but you wouldn't let them… so they brought you home.
6:46: Ok, but does anyone know why I was walking along the road? And how long I was there for? Oh and who was in the cart?
6:47: Nope, thats why we were waiting for you to wake up! No one knows anything about what happened. You weren't gone for long though. You disappeared after school and were found at midnight. So I guess you probably started to walk along the road at about 11. But that means you were missing for about 8 hours before you got dumped. Do you remember anything at all?
6:48: Not really, although when I blacked out earlier I had a strange nightmare. Maybe it was a flash of my memory returning?
6:49: Possibly…. what all did you see???
6:50: I was in a dark room… and i was chained to the wall… there was a chair in the corner of the room… and a big metal door. all that happened was the door flew open and revealed light. then i woke up and i was back in my room again.
6:52: Hmm interesting…. well its possible that it was a flashback… or it was just a nightmare like you said.
6:54: Maybe… well ima go now. gotta make sure apple knows i'm fine…..kinda….and im probly gonna go work on my new scooter… if its here... its gotta be built.
6:55: Ok!! See Ya later alligator!
-SweetieBelle- Has signed out

-Laptop- Power off?

I turn my laptop off and lazily walk back to the nightstand. I grab a few cookies and head out into the hallway. I look down the stairs, thinking whether I should attempt them or not. I decide to atleast try one step. As soon as my foot lifts off the ground I knew it was a mistake. I miss the step and trip. My head begins to spin and I feel my consciousness begin to fade. I hear my head slam against the wood steps on my way down.

Author's Note:

Big thanks to my editor/co-author for stepping in to make this story a bit more.... I guess u could say dark.