• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 1,282 Views, 3 Comments

Paranormal Hunters of Equestria - thisissparta789789



Watch as Noteworthy, Octavia, and Lyra investigate numerous paranormal events in and outside of Equestria. These 3 carry with them experience and fresh, new faces to this area of investigation.

  • ...
 3
 1,282

Dodge Junction: Dodge Junction Provincial Prison

HISTORY:
The old Dodge Junction Provincial Prison was in operation from 1878 to 1998 . In its 120 years of operation, it housed the most violent offenders in the Appleloosa Province. In its final 27 years, it saw its name change to "Dodge Junction Maximum Security Correctional Facility," but many former inmates say that the prison was ineffective in "correcting" its inmates.

The prison was replaced by a new one 3 miles down the road. Even while the prison was active, inmates and staff alike reported things that go bump in the night. One inmate, in 1979, reported getting violently attacked by a possibly demonic entity in his cell. Afterwards, his old cell was permanently vacated after it was discovered that several other prisoners and guards had reported similar attacks.

The prison also housed the Death Row for the Province of Appleloosa. From 1878 to 1904, prisoners on Death Row were hanged in the prison courtyard. A replica of the gallows now stands where the original stood. After 1904, an electric chair was built inside the Death Row building. From 1878 to 1998, 85 hangings and 423 electrocutions took place. Electrocutions are still carried out in the new prison. Visitors to the site describe a feeling of dread whenever they approach the gallows or the old chair, nicknamed "Brown Demon" by the inmates. Investigators have collected numerous evidence of activity from these locations. One investigator I had interviewed said that he had been making his rounds along the gallows while holding a tape recorder when the trapdoors suddenly opened on their own. I listened to the recordings of the incident, and I could provide no natural explanation for it.

Another investigator showed me a disturbing picture he had taken near the chair. The picture showed what appeared to be a faint shape near the chair, as if it was sitting or standing on it. It was as though it was an inmate being electrocuted or about to be. Octavia said she could faintly see another shape, standing up near the lever that operated the chair.

In Solitary Confinement Cell 12, a guard was murdered by an inmate with a piece of metal in 1936. He was electrocuted for it in 1938 as a result. Several museum workers reported that it wasn't uncommon to have that particular cell be freezing cold while everything else around it is hot. One worker left a glass of water in the cell as a practical joke in the middle of the summer. When he came back the next day, the water was frozen.

In the warden's house, Ranch Hoof, the warden from 1932 to 1943, suffered a fatal stroke in his office. Ever since, people have reported smelling cigar smoke in the office, due to the fact that Ranch Hoof was a heavy smoker. Even when the prison was in operation, subsequent wardens could smell it, even after smoking was banned inside buildings in the prison in 1978. This was one of the earliest reported paranormal events in the prison, with reports going back to 1948.


INVESTIGATION:

The 3 of us began our investigation at 20:00 in death row. Our base of operations was in the Central Guard Tower located in the center of the prison. Static cameras were set up in front of the electric chair, on the platform of the gallows, in Solitary Cell 12, in the Warden's Office, one on each end of the General Population wing, one in the infirmary, and one in the prison courtyard.

At 20:02, right as our investigation began, the static camera in the northern end of the General Population wing picked up a shadow figure walking by from behind towards the static camera at the southern end, which also picked it up. It made it halfway down the cell block before it disappeared.

The 3 of us made our way to the gallows first to conduct an EVP session on camera. Octavia and Lyra both held voice recorders while I filmed. At 20:10, we began. "We have a device that lets us talk to you and lets you talk to us," Octavia said to any spirits in the area of the gallows. "Please, we are not here to hurt you... Unless you hurt us first, of course."

For 17 minutes, all we got was silence. Meanwhile, at 20:19, the static camera in front of the electric chair captured footsteps close by, despite nobody being near it at all. Then, at 20:28, Lyra said, "Were you hanged from these gallows?"

Suddenly, we all heard a quiet male voice behind us reply with, "Yes." This was captured on my camera, the static camera, Lyra's recorder, and Octavia's recorder.

"Yes," Octavia said. "He said yes." She then asked, "What were you convicted of? Was it murder? Was it rape? Was it kidnapping? Was it something else?"

Suddenly, without warning, the 3 of us jumped when the lever was pushed forward and the trapdoors slammed open by themselves. I screamed, "Holy [expletive]!" The 3 of us then ran off the gallows.

At 21:55, the static camera in Solitary Cell 12 captured a small bright orb erratically travelling across the lower right screen, followed by footsteps nearby, despite nobody being in the Solitary Wing. We were unable to debunk it as something natural. If it were a bug, it would have not been as bright as it was, nor would it have been as fast-moving and erratic as it was. If it were dust, there would have been multiple orb-like objects instead of just one, and again, it would not have been as bright.

At 22:06, we entered the general population wing. At the same time, the static camera in the courtyard captured some of the most compelling and frightening piece of evidence to date.

A full-bodied apparition appeared in the foreground and ran towards the camera before disappearing behind it. As it ran toward the camera, its eyes could be seen, glowing and bright. It appears to be gray and see-through. As it ran, footsteps could be heard, and they got louder as the spirit came closer to the camera before they went away as the spirit disappeared.

In the GenPop wing, we began to conduct an EVP session with a Ghost Box. A Ghost Box is a modified AM/FM portable radio that continuously scans across the different frequencies. It can be manipulated by spirits and other entities to express words and even full sentences.

At 22:14, we began. Octavia first asked, “Who is here? Anyone here got any names?” Immediately, a spirit replied with a quick “Who?” Octavia continued, saying, “What were you in prison for?” Almost immediately, another response came, this time being a short “Steal.” Lyra then asked, “What did you steal?” After about half a minute of no responses, as I was about to ask a question, the Ghost Box said back, “Robbery at bank.”

At the same time, the static camera at the other end of the GenPop wing captured a small ball of light travel in a straight line from the right of the screen to the left. Again, an insect or particle of dust would never travel in a perfectly straight line, so this cannot be debunked as a natural phenomenon.

At 22:20, we all heard a heavy cell door on the 3rd floor of the wing open. We all immediately turned our cameras to the area of the 3rd floor. Lyra said, “What the [EXPLETIVE] was that?”

Then, the door slammed shut. We did not capture it visually, but it was loud and very easily heard. All of us jumped and cursed. Soon after, we decided to restart our Ghost Box session. I said, “Who opened and shut that door?” Immediately, the Ghost Box squawked back with “Steel did.”

At 00:09, Lyra and me entered the Infirmary while Octavia investigated the Electric Chair room alone. At 00:15, me and Lyra walked into the morgue, a room containing 6 slideable body storage trays and 4 examination tables. Immediately, we heard footsteps behind us and turned around. Additionally, the static camera captured a shadowy mist that neither of us saw travel out of a patient room and down the hallway towards the morgue.

In the Electric Chair room, Octavia was doing an EVP session. At 00:17, she asked, “Is there anyone here that was executed in this chair?”

Just then, she captured an EVP that replied back to her that said, “Chair... Dead...”

She also happened to have an EMF detector with her that she set on the floor next to her. She set the recorder down and picked up the detector. Soon after she did, she got another voice on the recorder as she got a major spike on her detector, indicating the presence of a spirit. “I killed two.”

Octavia then played back the EVP. After she heard its contents, she asked back, “Why did you kill them?”

She almost immediately got a response. “I just did.” Right after, Octavia felt a slight push on her back, causing her to jump and scream. “Holy [EXPLETIVE]! Oh my God!”

In the infirmary, me and Lyra walked into a patient room. As I was describing to Lyra some of the stuff that occurred to visitors and other investigators in the infirmary, both of our recorders captured a disturbing EVP that said “She’s not gonna make it here.”

Lyra asked, “I bet you haven’t seen a mare in years. Have you attacked other mares?”

Immediately, we both heard a slamming sound from the opposite end of the infirmary that sounded like a door being violently slammed shut. We both jumped. I yelled out, “This is [EXPLETIVE] ridiculous!"

For the next two hours, nothing of note happened. Then, at 2:19, just 5 minutes after I changed the batteries out on the static camera located in Solitary Cell 12, the camera died. Luckily, the digital voice recorder I placed on the camera still worked, because what was captured right after the camera died still haunts me to this day.

First, a loud scream was heard from outside of the cell, despite nobody being in the Solitary Block at the time. Then, a couple second later, the door to the cell opens, or at least it seems to, given the sounds present and the fact that we later found the cell door open when we came back. Then, to top it all off, right after that, the camera and the recorder sound to have been kicked over, followed by a rather malevolent spirit telling me, directly, "Notie, die, Notie." Notie is a nickname I've had for a long time, ever since I was just an infant, and the fact that a spirit was able to know such a name deeply disturbs me.

At 2:42, we made our way to the Solitary block. There, I changed the batteries out again before we began a Ghost Box session in Cell 12. As soon as we turned on the Ghost Box, we got a reply through it: "Note." Disturbed, Octavia asked, "Are you referring to Noteworthy?" Instant, it replied again: "Yes." At the same time, the static camera in the warden's office captured unexplained footsteps as well as a white mist forming for a few seconds before disappearing in the right corner of the room.

Lyra asked the Ghost Box, "We heard what you said to Noteworthy. Do you have anything else you wanna say?" A rare female voice then came over the Ghost Box with: "Stop it!" We believe this may have been the voice of a guard from the later years of the prison's operation, as a female prison guard was stabbed to death in the Solitary block in 1991. We did not even have to ask a question before another message came through, with the Ghost Box saying: "I'll kill you." Upon hearing this, we all heard what sounded like a female scream from the other end of the block.

We all panicked and ran out of the cell block, all of us convinced we just heard a residual "playback" haunting of the 1991 stabbing. We did not know it at the time, but as it turns out, we had done our investigation on the very anniversary the stabbing had taken place.

After this incident, everything was quiet until we left at 6 in the morning.


CONCLUSION:

The stories of those who have been tormented by the spirits here have been proven true. No longer will they think they are insane, knowing that they have proof.

Rating: Definitely haunted by both intelligent and residual hauntings. Most likely no demonic entities. Definitely haunted by malevolent entities.