• Published 28th Nov 2013
  • 343 Views, 0 Comments

Lost Harmony - Cafe Ponies



Princess Celestia gives Twilight Sparkle an important task, but it has its consequences, whether she fails the task or not.

  • ...
 0
 343

The Journey

The sun was beginning to set as Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy trotted through the Everfree Forest.


"Boooring..." Pinkie Pie commented.


"Well, Pinkie, it's going to be like this until we get out of the forest," Twilight sighed.


"Aww!" Pinkie Pie groaned.


"Uh oh...it's...getting really d-dark now!" Fluttershy pointed out.


"Yes, it is, Fluttershy. The sun is setting," Twilight responded in annoyance.


"I know..." the shy mare whispered.


"Are we there yeeeet?" Pinkie Pie asked, her eyes blazing with boredom.


"No, Pinkie. We've only been traveling for an hour, and this forest takes 5 hours to get through," Twilight answered the pink pony.


Just then, a rumbling sound nearby struck them. Twilight looked over to the side, then back at the other two ponies. Fluttershy was trembling, while Pinkie Pie just stood there, confused. "Come on, girls," Twilight said. After she spoke, a timberwolf burst out of the bushes and blocked their path. Fluttershy gasped in fear.


"Oh no!" she exclaimed, shaking.


"Run!" Twilight commanded, then the three mares broke into a run. The timberwolf was already right behind them after a few seconds. "Faster!" Twilight yelled over the barking of the timberwolf. The wooden animal kept snapping its jaws. Twilight ran as fast as she could. Many sweat drops ran down her face as she panted and struggled to run faster. Twilight looked behind her and stared in horror as the timberwolf locked its jaws onto her left hind leg. A scream of pain was released from her, causing her two friends to stop and look back at her. Fluttershy's eyes suddenly filled with anger as she galloped up to the timberwolf.


"Stop hurting my friend!" she ordered the timberwolf. The wolf let go of Twilight's leg, blood dripping from its teeth. It whimpered as Fluttershy's glare pierced into its own eyes. "Leave! Now!" Fluttershy commanded.

The wolf crept back in fear, still whimpering, then ran off into the shadows of the tall trees.


"Twilight! Are you okay?!" Pinkie Pie asked her friend. This time, Twilight noticed seriousness and concern in the party pony's voice.


"I'm...fine..." Twilight muttered. She felt dizzy as more and more blood poured out of the gash in her hind leg. The princess looked back at her hind leg and nearly vomited at the sight of her own flesh.


"Let me see your wound..." Fluttershy said with a soothing voice, which slightly calmed the injured librarian. Fluttershy gently pressed her hoof onto Twilight's uncovered flesh, causing the princess to let out a yelp of pain.


"O-Ow! What are you doing?!" Twilight demanded.


"I-I'm so sorry! I was just checking your wound!" Fluttershy apologized frantically.


"Don't worry, Fluttershy. She'll be okay soon," Pinkie Pie comforted the worried pegasus, sounding serious and concerned again.


"Wait...l-let me try to get...u-up...and w-walk..." Twilight stammered, slowly pushing herself up into a standing position.


"Don't put any weight on your left hind leg!" Fluttershy warned.


Twilight let out a gasp of pain and collapsed again. She clenched her teeth in frustration.


"I can't even stand! How are we going to make the journey now?" Twilight wheezed.


"We're not. We're resting for the night," Fluttershy decided firmly.


"No, we can't! Equestria is in great danger!" Twilight protested.


"Yeah! We have to keep going!" Pinkie Pie agreed. Fluttershy delivered a stern gaze to them.


"No, it's midnight, and Twilight is badly hurt. We need our sleep," Fluttershy pointed out.


"Fine..." Pinkie Pie said, while Twilight just nodded.


They all slept peacefully throughout the night, although Twilight slightly struggled with her wound. They started to stir as sunlight shined through the trees. "Wakey wakey!" Pinkie Pie said, her voice full of silliness again. Fluttershy yawned as she sat up. Twilight opened her eyes, then slowly sat up as well. "C'mon! Let's keep going!" Pinkie Pie urged.


"W-Wait, I have to check Twilight's wound," Fluttershy said, examining the uncovered flesh on Twilight's leg. "It looks like it's healing already...but how?" the confused pegasus asked.


"I used some of my magic to heal it overnight while you two were asleep," Twilight explained weakly.


"I...guess it's fine. Let's keep going," Fluttershy whispered. Twilight stood up, not putting any weight on her leg. Pinkie Pie jumped away. Fluttershy flew after her slowly, then Twilight limped after the yellow pegasus.


"I wonder when we're gonna find the other three!" Pinkie Pie pondered out loud cheerfully.


"Probably by the time we get to the mountains," Twilight joked, limping beside the pink pony.


"Maybe they're ahead of us already..." Fluttershy sighed from behind the librarian and the party pony.


"I guess so!" Pinkie Pie agreed.


Just then, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity leaped out of the bushes.


"You're all back!" Twilight said delightfully.


"We sure are..." Applejack panted.


"Sorry for running off like that," Rainbow Dash apologized.


"Yes, we are all dearly sorry," Rarity apologized as well.


"I-It's okay..." Fluttershy murmured.


"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! It's okay!" Pinkie Pie said.


"Come on, let's continue our adventure," Twilight said.


She gazed forward, then paused when she realized they were at the end of the forest.


"Yeah, past the mountains!" Rainbow Dash pointed out confidently.


"Come on, then, ya'll," Applejack said, running off to the mountains. The rest of them followed the orange pony to the mountains immediately.