• Published 20th Jun 2014
  • 465 Views, 1 Comments

The Life and Tales of Game Design - Game Design



A little background story of my Pony Persona, Game Design.

  • ...
6
 1
 465

Chapter 4: Familiar Faces


"Twilight?"

The purple filly lifted her head, and began to turn her head.Game gasped, and panicked. He turn his head back and forth, until he found a taller colt. He quickly jumped behind the older pony, and hid behind his legs. The older colt looked at the young one in a confused manner, he then turned and looked down the hall. He noticed the filly and smiled a little. As the filly turned and waked back down the hall, he looked back down to Game.

"She's gone." The white coated colt whispered.

Game looked over, making sure twilight had actually left. He let out a sigh of relief, and hoped out from behind the older colt.

"Thanks." Game said with a smile.

"No problem kid." The colt smiled and turned back to talk with a mare he was standing in front of. Game smiled back and went to the cafeteria. Game sat alone again, only this time he couldn't eat or draw. He and twilight had been friends ever since they were foals. Their parents were very good friends, and had the two together. When Game and his parents moved to Mainhatten, Cadence, Twilight's foal sitter, volunteered to foal sit Game to keep the two together. Check, and Ele agreed and the two had stayed connected.

Game continued to stair at his food, felling bad about how he had hidden from the only true friend he ever had. Its not like I'm mad at her... He thought, trying to justify himself. But... If i start taking to her, i might lose interest in my studies... Game grunted, and let his head fall on the table, only this time he hit his horn.

"Ow..." He whispered, as he rubbed his horn. "Never doing that again." He let out a sigh, and played with his cupcake. He glanced up to see that twilight was sitting by herself as well.The purple colt frowned and was about to go and sit with her, when he stopped himself.

"Okay.." He whispered. "I wont walk up to her, but if she walks up to me i wont ignore her, but, what if I don't keep up with my studies?!" Game cocked his head to the left a little. "But she's your friend, her best colt friend forever! you have to at least say high. " He then turned his head to the right. "But what about my studies, I -"

"Game?" Game Design froze at that familiar voice. He stiffened up, his back was straight, and he hoped he was just hearing things. "Game Design, is that you?" Its her, it was clear now, that twilight had caught him. He turned, and hoped that it was some other pony that sounded like twilight, which wasn't the case. Game was surprised however, instead of an angered look, twilight seemed happy to see him, even thrilled!

"Game, it is you!" The purple filly chimed, throwing her hooves around the blue mained colt. Game smiled and hugged his friend back. It felt nice, he hadn't had a hug since he left home. Twilight was just as joyed, if not more then Game was. Just like Game Design, Twilight didn't have many friends, and she kept to her books ever since Game left, but every time he came over with Cadence, she would hop with joy that her BCFF (Best Colt Friend Forever) had come for a play date. They would read books together, practice magic, go to the playground, and play their favorite game, Book Tower Defense. Game and Twilight would be the lieutenants, Spark and Ms. Smartypants, Twilight's stuffed pony, where the generals and Cadence was the princess, while Twilight's older brother Shinning Armor, would be the big monster that would try to take the princess away.

The two let go and smiled at one another as Game wondered about something.

"How did you get her Twily?" The little filly smiled and blushed and replied simply that it was a long story.

"But, before I got here, Shinning showed me how to fly a kite!" Twilight explained, a look of excitement shown on her face, Game's as well. Twilight gave a light giggle before she continued. "I could teach you some time if you'd like."

Before the colt could reply, the bell rang, and as usual, everypony got up, and began to trot and walk to their rooms. Game wanted to walk straight to class, but he couldn't resist asking the question that was on his mind.

"Twi, do you want to walk to class together?"

"Yes, just let me get my bag." Twilight trotted off to her seat before she walked over to Game, all the while the dark purple colt slapped his forehead with his hoof. Why? Why would you ask that?! You need to focus on your studies!!!! He thought to himself. He quickly smiled as Twilight came back. He called to his magic, lifted his saddle bag on, and the two where off to Twilight's class.
~~~

The two talked as they walked to Twilight's class. They had told each other about the things that they had done before they met. Game told twilight about designing his game, and how he would be transferred to an Advanced Class. Twilight already told Game about the kite, but what she hadn't told him about was the Summer Sun Celebration. Game nodded as he remembered that day. He told twilight that he didn't go because he wanted to focus on his studies. Twilight understood that, but it didn't keep her from telling him what it was like. There were rides, great food, and the best of things, watching Princess Celestia raise the sun. Game smile in amusement at that, he's seen the princess before, but he had never seen Celestia raise the sun.

As the two reached Twilight's class, the little filly reached out, and touched her friends flank. They both blushed, Game because he wasn't expecting it, and Twilight because she meant to touch his shoulder.

"I'm sorry!" She said, quickly pulling back. "I just wanted to ask you something..." Game turned and was blushing along with twilight.

"What uh... What did you want to ask me?"

"Well..." Twilight's face began to turn to it regular color. "When you called my name earlier, why did you hide from me?"

Game froze, his face went from red to its normal color quickly.

"How... Did you know?"

"Well..." Twilight rubbed her leg nervously. "I didn't really.. But i recognized your voice, but i wasn't sure, and well... Now i am..."

Game lowered his ears. "Twi I..." He reached his hoof out, but Twilight stepped back. Her jester broke the colts heart, but he had already broken her's.

"Do, do you not want to be my friend anymore?..." Game's eyes grew wet as he could hear the hurt in his filly friends voice.

"Of course i do Twi, you're my best friend, my Best Filly Friend Forever." The colt took a step towards the filly, but she stepped back again.

"Then why did you hide!?" A single tear fell from twilight's eye, causing Game to sink into his sorrow, before he could reply, the door to the room opened.

"You two, get in here before you are late." Game turned to see his math teacher standing in the door way. Game and Twilight had the same class! Sadly, they probably weren't on speaking terms right now. Twilight walked past Game, he slowly followed, and walked towards his teacher to tell her about the advanced class. She however was more interested in giving a stern talking. "Mister Design, cutting it close twice in a row?" She said with an unpleasant tone. She turned to twilight with out even a flinch. "You must be the new student I've been hearing about. Not a very good first impression on your first day to almost be late."

"I know ma'am." Twilight replied. "And i swear it wont every happen again"

"Don't swear, a promise would be fine. Now please take your seat miss Sparkle." She turned to the class. "Everypony, this is Twilight Sparkle. She is a new student and I want you all to make her fell welcome." The older grey mare looked back down at twilight. "Please take your seat miss sparkle." Twilight only nodded and walked towards her seat. The math teacher turned and looked at Game. "And as for you mister design, you had better hurry to your Advanced Class." Game looked past at Twilight and frowned as he say the hurt in her body jester. As she walked to her desk, another foal suck her hoof out, and tripped twilight, causing her to fall. The action caused the room to explode in laughter, so much that not even the teacher could stop the room. Game saw that twilight had started to cry, and at that moment, he didn't care if he was late to his class, twilight was alone and she needed him.

"Hey, stop laughing!" Game jumped between twilight and the class. Twilight only looked on as her friend defended her. "She can't help that she's new, or that she's talented! And you shouldn't laugh at her just because she's better then you!" With that the room fell silent. "Shes smart and kind, and if you get to know her she could be a really good friend." He looked at the filly and smiled. "A best friend." Twilight winced and smiled, taking her friend in a hug.

"Thank you." She whispered. The young colt only replied with a return hug. The teacher all the while smiled, and walked towards the two.

"Alright mister Design, I think I can take it from here." Game nodded and let his friend go. As he walked out the door, he turned back and waved at twilight, and she waved back. Game closed the door and walked down the hallway, and in that moment, the little unicorn realized something, that twilight, was much more important than his studies.

Author's Note:

There was a few changes in this one, originally, Game wasn't excepted into his advanced class, actually i never brought it back up, and originally Games parents were the ones that talked Twilights parents into getting her into the school, but you'll have to read and find out who really set all this up ;] Anyway, this chapter was a little longer, and had the beging of chapter five in it. Well everypony, thanks again for taking your time to read this, and thanks for all your patients, and ill see you, in the next chapter.