• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 2,229 Views, 45 Comments

Unable to Escape - Aqua Shimmer



What happens when you make a promise to save some one you care about? What price would you pay?

  • ...
4
 45
 2,229

The Beginning

Rainbow sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Her eyes were red and watery. Her vision was cloudy and tears ran down her face. It was her fault. She had been next to them, unable to do anything as her friends were beaten and raped in front of her. She could hear their cries for help and mercy. She could see their pain and the injuries cast upon them. She watched as Twilight's horn was broken and Fluttershy's wings were cut off. Applejack's cries of pain as both her back legs were broken. Pinkie's screams as the base of her spine was snapped like a twig. Rarity was defaced. The white unicorn was drenched in her own blood as they cut her. Craving patterns into her flesh in a well-trained fashion. Rainbow saw it all from where she was hanging from the ceiling in chains. It hurt to watch. She felt the pain inflicted on them. And the torturers had fun watching Rainbow yelling for them to stop. That they should hurt her instead. Just to let her friends go. Just thinking about what happened cause a fresh wave of tears down her face.

"Ms. Dash?" Rainbow looked up at Nurse Redheart.

"Yes?" To say she was scared was an understatement. She was downright terrified.

"We managed to get the stabilized for now. They've had a lot of blood loss and its unsure wether or not they'll make a full recovery." Rainbow looked at the floor sadly. Redheart left and she was left to dwell on the news of her friends. She didn't have long to think about her friend's fates as Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Discord pretty much broke the door at the speed they came in. They looked scared out of their minds. As soon as they saw Rainbow they came over to where she was sitting. They looked at her, a little unsettled. It was expected. After all, she was covered in blood. Some of it was her own but most of it was Applejack and Pinkie Pie's. She carried them back to Ponyville while Rarity and Twilight leaned on her for support. Fluttershy was walking next to Rarity, ready to provide support if needed. Rainbow closed her eyes, preparing for the question. She was not, however, prepared to be hugged by Princess Luna.

"I'm so sorry Rainbow." She was even more surprised when she felt a tear fall over her shoulder. Luna let go and took a step back, wiping tears from her eyes, blood smearing over them. Rainbow just looked at them sadly before sliding her gaze towards the floor. She could hear Discord pacing and Princess Celestia talking quietly with the nurse. She could tell from the tone in the older princess's voice that she was not happy. She had a good right to be. Her student and most of her student's friends were seriously injured. Rainbow grew angry at herself. She let them get hurt. It was her fault. It was her fucking fault. She didn't save them. She collapsed into her chair and started to silently cry. To anypony just walking into the hospital, she would have looked like a shaking mass of cyan fur. She couldn't hear much at that point and she didn't want to out of fear. She could imagine the beep of a heart monitor then a long, drawn-out, high pitched beep. The sound of her friends dying.

Rainbow had expected to be left alone in her own little world that was being taken over by floods of pain and sadness. She was surely mistaken as she felt a lion paw and an eagle claw gently pick her up. Discord sat down and place Rainbow in his lap. She wanted to complain and say she didn't need to be babied, but she couldn't find her voice. He picked up a tissue and gave it to Dash. She accepted it and wiped away some of the tears still streaming down her face. Discord randomly grabbed a hairbrush and also gave it to her. Rainbow looked at him, confused.

"I'm practically saving your life. Rarity will be upset if you don't look presentable when they wake up." This made Rainbow look down at the floor.

"If they wake up."

"Rainbow. Look at me." She didn't even attempt to move. "Rainbow. Rainbow!" He took his paw and moved her head so she looked directly into his face. "They will wake up. They're going to recover and when they do, life will go back to normal and everyone will be happy. So please," his voice took a gentle turn, "stop looking at the shadows. They'll always be there for you and you'll always be there for them. All you have to do is wait and hope." Rainbow looked away. She want to be positive but she couldn't. Not while her friends are hurt.

Everyone in the room was startled as a loud echoing beep sounded through the halls. The nurses on break suddenly jump into action and ran down the hall. Rainbow had just enough room to see them run into.....

"NO!" The prismatic pegasus jumped out of Discord's lap and tried to run after them, only to be stopped by a nurse.

"Ma'am, you can't go this way."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!" Discord immediately picked Dash up and began to pull her away. The princesses quickly apologized for her behavior, which startled the nurse. While they were doing that, Discord was getting punched in the face and bruised all over as Dash tried to escape. Tried to get to her friends. To save them. They can't just die on her. She needed them. They needed her. They can't die! Luna approached the thrashing mare, and Rainbow was only slightly aware of the world began to grow black.

Author's Note:

First attempt at whatever the heck this is. Criticize at your own risk.
(P.S. I realize they are out of character. Death or friends on the brink of dying can do that to people.)