• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 382 Views, 9 Comments

Leaving Our Mark In History - DoodleJay1208



Time travel FanFic! And there's no Doctor! Just the CMC and the truth of the cutie mark ^u^

  • ...
1
 9
 382

Prologue

Everything was quiet, calm and dark. It's just that there wasn't anything happening; it's that there wasn't anything there at all. No air, no land, no water...and no light. Just darkness.
The only thing that was there was a pony. It was too dark to make out what they looked like; but all I can say is that it was a she. She laid there, motionless and stiff. It was almost as if she wasn't alive. Then a voice like none other rose from above her.
"Awaken, dear child of light." the voice thundered. "Awaken and let your life begin."
The pony slowly opened her eyes, and let out a tiny yawn. As she stood up, she looked around trying to figure out where she was.
"Wh...where...am I?" She spoke softly.
"We are in the nothingness. Where time does not exist." the voice said.
"Who are you? And what am I doing here?" She asked.
For a moment it was quiet. The voice said nothing; probably because it didn't want to tell more of what it could tell her. But the pony look up to where the voice came from, with concerned and questionable look in her eyes. Why did she want to know these things so badly? Because that is what every being in life will seek for. Answers. Even if the answers may never make any sense.
Finally the voice spoke "I am a being that has no true form. I can create and give life. I can destroy and take away life. I am balance. For I can live forever, yet I am not physically alive. You on the other hoof are physically alive."
Light began to shine from above. The pony felt so warm by it's brightness that she gave a smile.
"I have created you for a reason. One of the worlds I have created has turned dark and full of hatred."
"How awful." She said "Why would they hate each other so?"
"I don't know." There was a bit of softness in its tone when it spoke. It made the pony want to shed tears. She held them back.
"But that is why you are here. You are to go to the this world. Bring peace to the divided beings."
"But what can I do?" the pony asked "I don't know how to bring them together. I don't know anything."
"Don't worry" the voice said calmly "For there tells of four of the beings of this world will help to guide you. You have nothing to fear; for they will show you everything you need to know. Do you understand?"
"I guess so" the pony said softly. But truthfully she wasn't quite sure. She felt both excited and scared. She was going to see this new strange place, but she felt like she didn't want to leave the voice. She felt safe with the voice, but she must do what it tells her to do.
"Good" said the voice "Now follow the light until you reach this world. There is no time to lose."
"How do I reach it from down here. I don't know how to get up there."
"Use your wings" answered the voice
"Wings? What wings? she look turned her head and surprised of what she saw. Two, large, beautiful wings were attached to her sides.
"Well would look at that." she said in amazement "I have wings! Beautiful, lovely wings!"
Slowly she began to flap than realizing she was off the ground.
"Thats it." said the voice "Now fly up to the light. Follow it till you reach the world."
"But what about you?" she asked "Will I ever see you again?"
"Maybe someday" said the voice "But for now this is farewell."
A tear fell from the pony's cheek as she said her final goodbye.
"Thank you for everything. I won't forget this."
Flapping her wings softly and began flying toward the light.
"Good luck. And take care, Astra of the stars."
She flew higher and higher; until she disappeared into light. As she did so she wondered, what lies ahead in this new world...?

Author's Note:

Yay. This wasn't so bad. Sure, I had to stay up a little but it was worth! Ever second of it. This is my first Fanfic ever and I hope lots of people will like it.