• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 799 Views, 10 Comments

Dragon Stone - Rain-Flash



Meet Joseph, He's home schooled, plays games, and like most people, bored, most of the time, but something happened that changed his life.

  • ...
5
 10
 799

Chapter 1

I looked around the room in a desperate attempt to find something to do.

"Ugh," I groaned, "I'm so bored!"



It was if my mom had super hearing or something because just as I uttered those words she stepped into the room. My mom's short black and wavy hair rustled with her quick movement, her dark brown eyes looking at me, calculating.



"There are lots of things to do around here," She began. She then started naming off activities I could try on her fingers, though I wouldn't really call them activities for my such interests,



"You could read a book, go outside, clean your room, do more school work..."

I stopped listening after she listed off school work. I thought she was suppose to be listing off things that wouldn't make me bored.



I got up from the couch that I occupied, wanting to stop my mom in her tracks of suggested activities, "Okay I'll try to find something to do," I gave my mom a strained smile, at least she tried.

"I'm going to start by going for a walk," I told her, grabbing my music player and headphones while making my way towards the door, " Be back in a little while."

With that, I had walked out of the house and into the crisp fall air. I inserted the headphones into my ears, connecting them to the music player, then pressed the triangular button that universally meant 'play'.



"Life is boring," I tell myself, "there is nothing to do here. My friends live somewhere else while I'm stuck on this side of the planet!"

I started kicking a rock that was in front of me. "At least my cousin is coming and things are never boring when I'm with my sisters."

I was headed toward the park that was but merely five streets away from mine. The park had a track that I often liked walking around to just think to myself for a little while before entering back into my life with my family. In order to get to this track I had to walk down an alcove that made it seem like an alleyway, though there were two sets of sidewalks on either side of the street, as well as a road separating the two. Bushes cluttered the left side of the street, some nicely trimmed, others unkempt to the point that it made you wonder when was the last time it was taken care of. Though the right side of the street was the polar opposite of the left. All that lay on the right side of the street was a, a bus dropping off kids from school, and brick wall which opened up at points to reveal a field of grass sparsely laden with trees whose leaves were turning a greenish-orange from the fall weather. I decided to take a moment and "smell the roses" as they would say. I strayed into the field between the opening of the wall, away from where I was originally going to go. While I was admiring the trees and their beautiful leaves, someone walked up to me. Sensing this, I turned my head to see a woman with long, blue, ethereal looking hair wearing a blue t-shirt, jeans, and a dark blue sweater; around her neck she wore a necklace with a half moon on it. She looked up at the tree and spoke with curiosity.



"What is it about this tree that fascinates you so much?" Her voice was kind and soft.



"I just like the color of the leaves in the fall." I replied simply. I then turned around and began to head in the direction of the track again.



"Might I join you on your walk?" the woman asked.

I wasn't sure if I was okay with that, she might be a killer or a- "I don't mind." I started to curse my mouth for reacting without my brain.

"Thank you," She smiled and began walking beside me.



"I've had a long day, and being all by myself isn't helping at all."



"What happened?" I asked.



"My sister and I had an argument on something. Afterwards I went to her student to talk about our situation, and when my sister found out what I had done she wasn't too happy," She gave a sigh, "But why am I burdening you with this since we have only just met?"

I shrugged, "Maybe you'll feel better after a joke." I gave her a small smile.

"Go ahead." She said in anticipation.



"This one is my sister's favorite," I cleared my throat, "There are two muffins in the oven, one muffin says 'it's hot in here', and the other says 'AH! a talking muffin!'"



The woman started laughing. She laughed so hard she had to lean against the wall we were walking by to keep from falling over.



"What is your name?" The woman asked once she stopped laughing.

"I'm Joseph." I held my hand out to shake hers, "What is your name?" "I am princess Luna of Equestria, but Luna will be fine." she reached out and shook my hand.

When we touched hands there was a brilliant bright light that blinded my eyes for a few moment. When the light faded, my hand felt like it was burning.



"OW!" I yell.



Luna took in a sharp breath, her eyes widening, "Oh-my-gosh-are-you-alright?" she asked quickly.



"Yeah," I assured her, "It didn't even hurt, it just took me by surprise." I forced a smile. 'That really hurt!' I yelled inside my head.



After she made doubly sure I was okay she said she had to go back home, and looking at the time I should have been heading home as well.



"See ya around." I waved good bye. Luna waved back and started walking away, and as she did something dropped from her pocket. I reached down to picked it up, and upon examination It looked like a bracelet. The bracelet was a pansy purple with a maroon colored jewel in the middle, and eight tiny emeralds evenly distributed among the two sides of it. I look back up and turned my head in the direction of where Luna was walking.



"Hey, you dropped this!" I called out as I tried to get over to her, but the bus from earlier got between Luna and I. When it passed, Luna was gone.



I looked around a bit to find her, but she was nowhere to be found.

'I'll give it back the next time I see her.' With that, I started my trek home again.

Once inside my house my younger sister looked up from her computer.

"Come here!" she exclaimed, "I found this game that I think you'll really like!"

"Nooo," I whined playfully, "I need to sit down, I'm tired."

I trudged toward my room.

"I'll take a shower later," I tell myself with a yawn, "For some reason I'm really tired."



While in my room I take off my shoes and climb into bed, putting my music player on the nightstand. After I close my eyes I felt the cat rub up against me, move across my bed next to my pillow, and I smiled as I went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Tell me what you think, comments are always welcome =D