• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 531 Views, 2 Comments

My Day with her/My Day with Him - Masters-of-the-Elements



A normal brony and a certain pony princess share an interesting day together

  • ...
4
 2
 531

Early Morning: Twilight

My Day with her/My Day with him
Early Morning:
Twilight


Since becoming a princess of Equestria, I had to adjust too many things. One such adjustment was learning how to live with my new body. Princess Celestia had told me much about Alicorns. I was quite surprise to learn that there are two breeds of Alicorns; immortal Alicorns, who can live for as long as they like, and minor Alicorns, who only have an extended lifespan.

Alicorns like Princess Celestia and her Sister Luna are immortal Alicorns, and they would live as long as they choose too. Then there’s the Minor Alicorns, which my sister-in-law Princess Cadance and I fall into. The way Princess Celestia explained it to me Minor Alicorns had a two hundred year expression to their life, and can’t become immortal Alicorns whatsoever.

I was actually quite happy with that one. I was slightly afraid that I would outlive my friends, and I couldn’t bare the thought of losing even one of them. But…I’m starting to get off topic, aren’t I?

So, where was I again…oh right, my body. Because I’m now Alicorn, my body embodies all the traits of the original three tribes that founded Equestria. I have the strength and stamina of an Earth Pony, the swiftness and light-footedness of a Pegasus pony, and, of course, the magic of a unicorn.

But with anything in life, I had to take the bad with the good. I found that I had also inherited several of the bad traits of all three of the tribes, the worse of them is something I had come to call the “wake up early no matter what” Gene. See, both Earth and Pegasus ponies had habits of getting up early for various reasons. I learned, through a thorough research, that a lot of earth ponies got up at early hours for farm work. The same goes for Pegasi, who had to get up early for weather duties. Both tribes had done these routines for so long that the very nature had become part of them, which they passed onto the next generation.

And for better or worse I had these very traits as part of my body. I wouldn’t be normally concern with this, but after a long study session well into the early morning, I often found myself awake a mere hour or two after I had just gotten to sleep, and no matter what I do I just couldn’t get back to sleep. Cadance once told me these traits would begin to fade after my body had completely adjusted to the changes that were made to it.

But here we are, nearly five months after my coronation, and I’m still getting up around 4:30. I doubt even Rainbow Dash is up this early. I had tried everything I knew, even a heavy sleeping spell, and nothing seems to work. So, until my body had adjusted to the changes, I decided to go to bed as early as possible, and take a cue from Dash’s playbook and take a nap whenever I had the chance.

So, here I am, wide awake, and slowly making my way towards the stairs, so not to wake a certain sleeping baby dragon. Once I was out of the bedroom, I trotted down at a brisk pace, and headed towards the lowest levels in the entire building. Once I had reached my lab, I closed the door softly and put a sound-proof spell around the area, so not to disturb Spike.

Once that was all done and said, I turned my attention to the piece in center of the room. It could and probably would be mistaken for a large tuning fork, at first glance. And it is a giant tuning fork, in a sense. But it so much more then that, and it all thanks the hoofball-sized opal in the center of the fork.

I smiled with pride as trotted up to the device. This has been a pet project of my long before I moved to Ponyville, but it was put on unfortunate hold due to the craziness I often found myself in. But thanks to becoming a princess and Alicorn, I found the time to finish it. If it works the way it’s supposed to, it could revaluation both transportation and teleportation in one go.

I stared at my masterpiece for an addition 30 seconds before turned away, and walked up to a work desk. Before I perform the final test, there was some last minute number crunching to do.

Ha…number crunching, I would have never used such simple terms before coming to Ponyville. I cracked a smile as I think how this small, but meaningful town had changed me for the better. Yes…it wasn’t for Ponyville and my closest friends I honestly could say I wouldn’t be the pony I am today.

I let those blissful memories continue to plan out, as I finished up the last of my work, looking over every small detail with a fine tooth comb. Once I was sure everything was in order with my work, I returned to the front of my fork. I put a look on determination on my face, and began to charge my horn with magic. I gasp slightly as another thought came to mind. The magic around my horn dim slightly, as I changed the spell, and collected some writing utensils from my desk. I wrote out a quick message to Spike, and then teleported it to a spot I know he would be sure to see it.

With that out of the way, I returned my attention to my fork. I closed my eyes and cast the spell that I wanted. I felt my body tingle slightly and the sudden action cause a soft giggle to escape me. Once that spell had finished, I charged my horn with another spell, one I’m very familiar with.

I felt my body begin to lift from the ground as the teleportation spell began. Before the spell over takes me completely, I aimed my horn and fired the spell into the opal. And in a second I find myself flying over Ponyville. I was giddy with excitement as I watched my peaceful town sore below me.

This may seem like a simple teleportation spell, one that I have used many times before. But it is so much more then that. Most ponies, even a lot of unicorns don’t know the basics of teleportation and the dangers that come with it. But, with my newest invention I hope to change all of that. Maybe even help the earth ponies transport their supplies faster.

I could feel my excitement grow as I approached my destination. Sweet Apple Arches, home of my dear friend Applejack. I had set an identical fork somewhere in that land, with Applejack’s permission of course. I had set the fork a few matters away from the club house belonging to the Cutie Mark Crusaders, where things are isolated enough that I shouldn’t wake any pony up with my experiment.

I grin in satisfaction as I approached the second fork. Looks like this experiment is going to be a great success! My excitement suddenly turned to fear as my trip suddenly turned rough, as I began to shake violently. I gasp when I saw my detestation suddenly pulled away from me. I tried to cancel the spell, but whatever force was pulling at me was far too strong to fight and I couldn’t gather the needed focus to cancel the spell.

So I was forced to watch as I rocketed away from the fork and the land all together. I took another violent shake, blinding me for a second, and when I got see again, I found myself in some sort of void. I tried to get my bearings, but whatever spell had trap me had also rub me of my senses.

I began to panic as I feared the worse. Suddenly, I felt a massive rush of magic…leaving my body. I also felt my body began to shift, my legs started to lengthen and my core body began to extend. I felt a sharp pain in my back and knew that something was happening to my wings. I could feel something happening to my horn, as well. I could feel my muzzle pushed in and felt my teeth arch as they began to change. Finally, I felt my tail painfully retrained into my body, and with one final snap, I let out an ear piercing scream.

Suddenly, I could see again, and found myself in a strange place. I tried to look around, but my body suddenly got very heavy. I tried to keep myself up right, to look around, but my body wouldn’t obey my commands, and I found myself sinking to the ground.

The last thing I saw before blacking out was a body. I couldn’t see it very well, but I think it looks like the body of a pony.