• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 445 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight:Past the End 2 - RagingBrony19983



This is the sequel to Twilight: Past the End

  • ...
 0
 445

Chapter 1

I stood at the entrance listening to the echo of the laughter as I watched the small piece of paper clutched in Owlowiscious's sharp talons. I watched as a gust of wind tried to knock Owlowiscious off path but he's too much of a swift flyer for that. He gently handed me the paper then rested on my shoulder. I could feel him breathing heavily, as he rested there trying to read the paper, It must have been a long flight.

I opened it and tried to read what was left and the shredded paper. The marks looked like the quill from whoever pony had written it had kept poking holes in the paper.

Dear Twilight,

How is Ponyville? Can you come to my hut immediately if that is alright.
Your friend,
Zecora

It was odd by how short it was and there was no rhyming, everypony knows she talks in riddles. I just thought it was a coincidence. I pulled my cloak on and pulled on a small string through my hair to hide it under the hood. It was am old, black cloak, that covered my entire body and drug a bit on the ground around me.

I made my way to the Everfree forest. I lifted my head from staring at the hard ground, and looked at the surroundings, that were so familiar, yet so strange to me. I made my way through the entanglement of bushes that had started to grow over the small path. I would have to remember to cut those down another day.

I stopped abruptly as I heard the faint laughing surround me in the chilly night air. The voices were all too familiar for me to forget. I heard the sinister laughter fill my ears with its' horrific sound. Then, I heard the calling of my name over and over sounding playful yet mocking. Than it all stopped as fast as it had started.. I put my hood back on of the cloak that hid my entire body. I looked down and in the corner of my eye I saw a bit of purple hair stick out and it pushed back inside my hood taking a moment to adjust the string that was holding my hair up.

I continued to walk on through the Everfree Forest. It was very silent except for the clopping of hooves against the hard ground and the swishing of my tail going back and forth as I walked on. The movement of my tail against my back legs helped soothe my frayed nerves.

I arrived at the small hut which still seemed to creep me out. I looked above at the broken numbers. Her address used to be 5673, but now half the 6 is missing and all of the 7 is gone. I knocked lightly on the small wooden door. I listened to the sound echo through the small hut, but no answer. I went over to the window and there was no one inside but a couple of lights on in the upstairs. I went back to the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. I looked under the mat where Zecora a long time ago had to told me she keeps her spare key.

I opened it and tried to keep the creaking to a minimum, unsuccessfully. I closed it lightly and called out Zecora's name with no answer. I crept up the stairs to see if she was there. I looked on the walls at the countless portraits of scenes but a strange one caught my eye. I waled over to it. Painted on the section of the wall was a zebra that resembled Zecora leaning happily against a tall girrafe. I read about them in one of my books, in fact the one where I read about zebras, I also read they mostly live in the southern regions of Equestria, which is probably why I haven't seen one. He had his long, tall neck wrapped around hers.

I stepped over to the one next to it which was of the zebra and the girrafe again, but this one was more creepy. The zebra and girrafe were now chained and being restrained by a group of ponies. The girrafe was on the ground lying in a pile of blood but the ponies who had restrained him were no letting up and they still had the ropes and chains tight on him. Under the painting it said," You are gone, you are not here, but you are living." The signature was very sloppy and I couldn't read it but it was very long.

I walked over to the bedroom where the only light was now coming from. I knocked on the door but again no reply. I slowly opened the door and peered inside. Nopony was to be seen so I walked in. The bed still had the imprint of a very large somepony on it with a extremely long neck. The sheets were a mess and looked freshly slept in. I heard a crash come from the bedroom and I hid in the corner. A tall giraffe resembling the one in the portrait came stumbling out of the bedroom. He had sunglasses on and didn't seem to notice me. As he crashed on the bead I realized the imprint on the bed was him. I was curious and I couldn't help myself. I slowly slipped the sunglasses off his eyes and lifted the eyelid and yes they were all white.

It didn't even startle me. Over the past few days I have seen this too many times. He suddenly awoke and I shoved the glasses back on his face and ran to the corner cowering. He got up and slowly moved toward me. I wished I hadn't put the sunglasses back on his face, I wish I could see his eyes. I watched in horror as he stumbled closer and closer. I could feel my heart desperately trying to bust out of my rib cage as he neared. He was about a foot in front of me by now when he suddenly turned left into a doorway I hadn't seen til' now.