• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 10,823 Views, 412 Comments

Sonic: Chaos in Equestria - Snicket



Sonic makes an unplanned stop to the land of Equestria

  • ...
29
 412
 10,823

Birds of a Feather

A large glass snow globe levitates in mid air as a magenta aura surrounds it. The object is tilted upside down and then upright as the little city inside the done is covered in fake snow. A certain lavender unicorn glances at the item before her with a somewhat saddened look.

"That's new, where did that come from? Spikes asks as he enters the small study carrying a tea set on a small tray.

Twilight continues to stare at the snow, unaware of the small dragon's arrival.

"Uh Twilight, I brought you some tea." Spike chimes as he sets the tray down and sets a tea cup next to the lavender mare; snapping her out of her trance.

"Oh Spike, when did you get here?" Twilight asks as she shakes off the sadden expression.

"Just now, I thought I'd bring you some tea." The small dragons points to the still levitating snow globe. "Where did you get that?"

Twilight sets the object on the small desk in front of her and smirks. "Sonic got it for me when he went to Manehatten a few weeks ago." She chuckles. "I told him i didn't believe him when he said he'd gone there and back in one day, but then he gave me this."

"Did i come at a bad time?" Spike asks as he pours himself a cup of tea.

The lavender unicorn spins around on her chair and faces the small dragon. "No, not at all. I just thinking about something."

"Really?" Spike takes a sip from his tea cup."Anything important?"

"Just a few things, nothing really important."

The small dragon takes another sip from his cup. "That reminds me, have you finished that letter to Princess Celestia yet?"

Twilight lets out a sigh and slumps in her chair. "No, not yet."

"This isn't like you to shirk off responsibilities like this, specially when it comes to the Princess of all things."

The mare lets out another sigh. "I know, but to my defence i've written several already....It's just..."

"'Just' ...what?"

"It's just that I'm sure if they'll answer Princess Celestia's questions."

"Well what happened to that one you and Sonic wrote?"

~Flashback.

Twilight sits cheerfully at a desk near the entrance of the library; levitating a red quill over a small piece of parchment.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
Today i've learned that despite first impressions being important. Not every pony can make a good one. Though that does not mean that they can't make up for it later..."

"Because I met an awesome blue hedgehog today named Sonic." The hedgehog enters the room. "Who showed me that despite making a bad first impression. You can still find make up for it later...by saving the town from a few packs of glowing firewood." Sonic smirks. "However, I do fear that I may be now infatuated with this Sonic, since i can't seem to stop thinking about him and feel weak in the knees when ever I talk to him..."

Twilight spins around in her chair and stares blankly at the hedgehog as a hint of blush spreads across her cheeks.

"You ponies have knees right?" Sonic asks as he holds up his hands to emphasize this.

The mare rears back in her chair; as her right eyelid twitches slightly. "I-I..."

Sonic lets out an amused short as he covers him mouth. "You didn't just write all that did you?"

Twilight glares at the hedgehog; who starts to chuckle as he approaches the mare.

"Let me see." Sonic says as he pulls paper from the desk and glances over it."

"Hey!" Twilight shouts in protest.

The hedgehog continues to read over the letter. "Awesome...hedgehog....first impressions....glowing firewood....infatuated." He chuckles. "W-weak in the knees."

Sonic loses his composure and bursts into a fit of laughter, much to Twilight's annoyance.

"Hey Spike, get over here. Come see what Twilight wrote."

The young dragon enters the room; who is imminently handed the letter.

Reading it over, Spike begins to laugh as he rolls up the parchment and hands in back to Sonic.

"I know right."

Spike nods as he attempts to hold back his amusement.

Twilight rolls her eyes. "C'mon guys it's not that funny." She notions with her hoof. "Give it back."

Sonic gives the mare a sinister grin. "Oh, no we're sending this off right now." Tossing it to the young dragon. "Spike."

"NOOOO!" Twilight shouts as she leaps from her chair.

~End of flashback

The unicorn glares at the dragon as he finishes; who shrugs in response.

"What? It was just a joke, it didn't get sent off."

Twilight lets out a sigh and spin her chair back towards the desk. "At this point, I almost wish it did."

"Seriously?"

"Well no not really, but given what I've come up with lately. It would have been better then nothing."

"If you don't mind me asking, what have you written?"

The mare turns back towards the young dragon and notions to a large stack of scrolls resting next to the desk. "I've been debating on telling the Princess of our new friend or not." Twilight sighs. "On one hoof, it may be a good thing that she knows about Sonic...assuming she doesn't already. However, on the other hoof, she may think he has something to do with all these strange occurrence's that have been happening."

"Do you honestly think the Princess would jump to such a conclusion?"

"Normally no, but given the context of her recent letter. I' have to wonder."

"Twilight, this isn't like you; shrugging off your reports, barely spending any time on your training, and now even second guessing Princess Celestia. All to spend time with Sonic. I think you're getting a bit obsessed, Twilight.

"Obsessed? That it ridiculous." The mare interjects "I just happen to find Sonic's tales of his adventures interesting."

Spike rolls his eyes, obviously not buying it. "Right. Then now about the time you..."

~Flash back

Sonic is laying peacefully on a small hill, with right arm covering his eyes from the midday sun. However the sound of approaching whoof steps disturbs him from his tranquility as he turns and spots Twilight eagerly trot up to him.

"Hey, so this is where you ran off to."

Sonic smiles and recovers his eyes with his arm. "yep, this is where."

The lavender mare attempts to respond, but is cut off as the blue hedgehog pats the patch of grass next to him. "Take a seat, I scored a nice little spot here."

Twilight suddenly grins and joins Sonic on the patch of grass.

~End of flashback

"That proves nothing, I just happened to notice him as i was running a few errands."

"Ok, then how about..."

~Flashback

Twilight eagerly writes something on a piece of parchment as Sonic recalls something; both sitting on the floor of the main hall of the library. With Sonic leaning against a bookcase.

"So, that when i found out I was apparently the 'chosen one' that was ment to lead a team of knights.." Sonic states as he turns back towards Twilight; who has several scrolls levitating around her. "you get all that?"

The mare smiles and eagerly nods. "Every world, please continue..."

~Flashback end

"Ok, maybe that one time I.."

"Or what about the when you..."

~Flashback

The messy maned lavender unicorn glares at her reflections as a large brush levitates over her head. Brushing her bangs away from her face; with little success.

Twilight lets out a grown and slams her hooves on the top of the table. "Why are you giving me so much trouble today?"

Something wrong, Twilight?" Sonic asks as he appears behind her.

The lavender mare continues to glare into the mirror. "I can't seem to do a thing with my mane today."

"Here, let me try." Sonic states as he turns the mare towards him, grabs the brush from the air, and proceeds to comb Twilight's mane.

"Sonic." Twilight replies as she gazes s the hedgehog before her.

The blue hedgehog smiles. "Twilight."

The mare leans closer. "Sonic.

The hedgehog tosses the brush away and leans closer to the mare. "Twilight.

"Sonic." The two inch closer to one another, merely inches way; both closing there eyes as they prepare to...

~abrupt cut off

"W-when did that happen? Twilight snaps as her face turns bright red.

"OK maybe i made that last one up, but still. You haven't been acting like yourself and i'm getting concerned."

Twilight drops her head and sighs. "I'm sorry, Spike. I didn't mean to worry you. I've just had a lot on my mind lately."

"And I'm sure a lot of them have to do with our new guest."

The lavender unicorn glares at the young dragon. Causing him to hold up his hands in defeat. "OK, I'll quite, but my point still stands."

"You're concerns have been noted, but I assure you that I'm not obsessed........Though i do wish we could hang out more."

"Whatever you say, Twilight.

------
A blue streak zips across the outskirts of Ponyville, with a rainbow one following a few meters behind. A certain group of crusaders stand on a cliff side, watching the event unfold.

Scootaloo cringes as she looks through a pair of binoculars. "He's still in the lead."

"Beg pardon?" Apple Bloom ask as she looks up from a stop watch laying in front of her.

"Uh, there still going."

And how."

The small pegasus frowns. "How did we get roped into this, again?"

~A few moments earlier

"So what exactly do ya want us to do?" Apple Bloom asks as she stares an out stretched hand, holding a stop watch.

Sonic Smirks. "I'm just testing something out for a friend. I need you guys to signal, when this thing says 15 minutes have passed."

"That's where I come in!" Sweetie Belle chimes as she holds up a large brass horn.

"Exactly, just play that when the time is up."

"And!" rainbow Dash interjects as she nudges Sonic.

"And Dash here insists on making it a race, so let us know who wins....in case it's too close for us to call ourselves." The hedgehog states as he hands Scootaloo a pair of binoculars.

"Which makes you are official observer." Rainbow Dash adds as she smiles at the young pegasus.

The small filly solutes the blue hedgehog and cyan mare. "You can count on me."

~Present

"Oh, yeah."

"Pay attention, Scoots!" Apple Bloom shouts. "There almost at the edge of town, whose in the lead?"

The orange mare sighs. "Sonic is......B-but not by much."

Apple Bloom smirks at the response and turns to Sweetie Belle. "Ya ready?"

The white unicorn nods. "Ready."

------

Sonic and Rainbow Dash blast past a cluster of windmills, causing them to spin violently at the new gust of wind. The blue hedgehog looks back at the trailing mare and lets out a cocky snort. "Impressive."

"Hun?"

"You've been drifting behind me this whole time. Haven't you?."

"I have not, I've just been..."

The mare it cut short as the sound of as the sound of a horn bellows across the small town.

Sonic grins at this and starts to pull ahead.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Just hang back, i'll be right back."

"Back from wha..."

Rainbow Dash is cut off again, as the abrupt gust of wind knocks her back and almost sends her crashing into a one of the spinning windmills. "Whoa!"

The air in front of her snaps as the blue hedgehog leaves Ponyville in his dust; with a twin fire trail behind him.

Staring awestruck at what just occurred. Rainbow Dash lands a few feet away from where Sonic suddenly departed and looks around. "H-how is that possible?"

"How is what possible?" A voice says from behind the mare.

"That you just..." Rainbow Dash begins as she turns around and spots a pair of emerald green eyes looking back at her. "GAH!" The mare shrieks as she falls to her back to blue hedgehog's abrupt appearance.

"Didn't expect that as a reply."

"D-don't do that!" Dash snaps as she jump to her hooves.

Sonic chuckles and crosses his arm. "Sorry about that. I didn't know you were that jumpy."

"I'm not jumpy!" Rainbow Dash shouts as she glares at the hedgehog. "But more importantly, where did you go?"

"Everywhere!" Sonic states as he raises his arms in the air for effect.

"What! No way."

"Way my friend, way"

...

Rainbow Dash suddenly chuckles at Sonic's reply. "That was so lame."

The hedgehog shrugs. "Hey, it got you to laugh."

"This is true, but no seriously." The mare gives Sonic a serious look. "Where did you go?"

"I already told you."

The pegasus rolls her eyes in response. "Right, you ran across Equestria in less then a minute."

"This planet is called Equestria? Twilight told me it was the name of this country."

"You ran across the whole..." Rainbow Dash lets out an angry grown. "Never mind, moving on, are those new?"

The pegasus asks as she takes flight and flutters around the blue hedgehog and notions towards his shoes. "Where did you get those anyway? They look different from those other ones you had on."

"Oh these?" Sonic asks as she raises his right foot and wiggles it. "Rarity whipped them up for me. Said she wanted to test some new high friction-thermo-something material.

Rainbow Dash blanky stares at Sonic's rely, causing him to shrug. "Hey I don't get it either, but if me giving these puppies a a test run helps out somehow. So be it."

"Always willing to help aren't ya?"

------

The blue duo arrives in front of the Carousel Boutique and enters to see it buzzing with activity; assortment of materials, accessories of all kinda, and numerous fabric crafting tools. Levitate around the room, surrounded by a light blue magic aura.

With Rarity standing in the middle of this bee hive of activity furiously scribbling in a note pad. Showing signs of fatigue as her mane/tail no longer styled in it's usual fashion. Her usually curly tail, now lays flat across the floor. While her normally styled main, hangs unkept on either side of her head. Unware of the two's sudden arrival.
Rainbow Dash holds her hoof to her mouth and clears throat in a subtle attempt to announce there arrival.

"I'm sorry, but the sign says were closed. Could you come back tomorrow. I just received a rush order that needs to be filled." The white unicorn states glancing at a few pieces of fabric. Oblivious to who entered the shop.

"If this is a bad time, I can come back." Sonic states as he reaches for the door nob. "I just wanted to let you know about the..."

The hedgehog is cut off mid sentence as the sound of once levitating objects crashes to the floor as a scared Rarity stares at the duo in shock.

"O-oh my, I apologize. I didn't know it was you two. I must look absolutory dreadful in my current state. If you give me a moment, I'll..."

"Na it's alright." Sonic states as he bats the air. "you seem to be busy. I'll swing back."

Bidding farewell, the blue hedgehog swings the front door of the shop open to exit; only to have it slam shut as a magic aura surrounds it.

"Nonsense, if you give me a moment to freshen up. I'll be more then happy to assist you." The white mare says as she levitates a few of the fallen objects to the side of the room.

"Freshen up? But you look alright to me."

Rarity smiles. "That's sweet of you to say, but I really must..."

Rainbow Dash lets out and angry grown and stops her forelegs on the floor. "Will you two give it a rest already! We just came here to tell you that the shoes you made ."

"Now Dash." Rarity scoffs. "You really must learn to be patient once and a while. We ere just exchanging pleasantries. Unlike a certain pony I know. Sonic here has a bit more saponification and isn't so eager to 'get to the point' as you call it."

Sonic nervously scratches his head. "Actually 'that' was the reason we came."

"Oh"

"These shoes you made." Sonic swings his foot side to side by the heel. "Turned out great."

"You mean it, they ended up working for you?"

"Like a charm." Sonic states giving the mare a thumbs up.

Rarity pushes away a flock of hair from her face and smiles. "Well I'm glade you like them. I wasn't sure they'd be to your liking. Given it way my first attempt and all."

"Hey, what ever you did to make them. Keep it up, I'll be coming to you for now on."

Thew white mare puffs her chest out in pride. "Well thank you for that, but i can't in good conscious charge you for these."

Sonic chuckles as this. "You really are the bearer of generosity aren't you?"

"I do try when i can." Rarity glances at her clock. "Now then I hate to be a bad host, but i really must get back to work." Several objects start to levitate around the room. "This order isn't going to fill itself ."

"I suppose not, I'll get out of your hair so you can keep working"

The mare nods. "Thank you Sonic, any other time I'd be more the be more then willing sit down and have a chat." The mare glances at the clock again. "Also Dash."

The pegasus lets out a long sigh. "Yes."

"Isn't hat little thing about to start soon? You better leave now, if you wish to make it."

The cyan mare's wings flair out. "What, that's today?" Glancing at the clock."Buck! I totally forgot. I've gotta go!" Rainbow Dash states as she exits the shop, sending a gust of wind into the shop upon her departure.

Rarity lets out a shirk as her supplies are sent flying. "Really Dash, why must you always do that?" The unicorn turns to Sonic. "Aren't you going to follow her? She did intent on inviting you."

The blue hedgehog give the pony a blank stare, before figuring out what she ment. "Oh uh, right...I'll see you later."

------

A top the clouds of Equestria a certain cyan pegasus, flies across the skyline. Blasting through the few low hanging clouds. With the blue blur following besides her; jumping across the few that sit high enough to avoid the pony's wrath.

"So, where we going?" Sonic asks as he turns towards the charging pegasus.

...

"Dash?"

The mare ignores the hedgehog's question and continues to fly forward, causing a few clouds to scatter in her wake. "Almost there, if i keep at this speed, I'll just make it."

"Make what? You haven't said anything since you left Rarity's"

Sonic is met with silence once again as Rainbow Dash continues her charge. Resulting in Sonic letting out an annoyed sigh.

"Ok fine, i guess it's a surprise." The hedgehog scoffs as he looks ahead, only to see an empty skyline. "Uh Dash, I'm running out of clouds here."

Silence

"Dash?"

More silence

"DASH!"

"WHAT?" The mare snaps as she turns towards the hedge hog only to see an empty skyline.

"Uh oh, Sonic where did you....OOHMPH!" The mare is cut off as something heavy lands on her back."What the?"

"Not all of us can fly, Skittles." A certain blue hedgehog states as he adjust his position on the mare's back.

"GAH! Get off!" Rainbow Dash shouts as she sways side to side.

"And go where exactly. There's nothing for me to stand on."

"Of course there is, right over..." The mare stops mid sentence as she points towards an empty skyline."Uh."

"You were saying?"

"S-shut up, just hang on where almost there."

------

Pegasus of all colors and sizes mill about the city made of clouds. Either trotting across the city's cloudy ground or flying around large tower's that dot the cloudy landscape. A large crowd is seen gathering around a roman style coliseum with a certain group of stunt ponies banner hanging from it.


Rainbow Dash lands a few yeards from the crowd with Sonic on her back; who slides off as soon as they touch down.

"You weren't kidding when you said this place was in the clouds."

"Told ya." Rainbow Dash boasts. "Not only did i beat ya, but I also..."

Sonic Interjects. "Hold o a sec, no one beat anyone. If anything it was a tie."

"Pffft! A tie? Who was ridding who, just now?"

A few stallions glance in the cyan mare's direction as she states this.

Sonic leans towards Rainbow Dash and holds his hand to her ear. "You might want to reword that."

"Why, I just said that you...were" The mare's expression turns ridged as something finally clicks."Oh no."

The cyan pegasus frantically scans the area in an attempt to find the stallions, but a rushing crowd makes any attempt futile. Causing the mare to let out a sigh and drop her head.

"Hey it's windy up here." Sonic saids as he pats Rainbow Dash's back. "I'm sure they just herd bits and pieces of what you said and were just curious."


The pegasus forces a laugh. "Yeah, hopefully."

------

Navigating there way towards the arena, the two are met with dozens of odd looks as they they approach the concession and ticket counter. Causing the blue hedgehog to lets out a sigh. "I hope they don't expect me to do a trick or something."

The cyan mare angerly glares at noisy spectators; meeting eyes with one and steps forward to confront them. Only to be stopped by a gloved out stretched hand.

"It's not worth it."

The mare's expression softens at this. "I know, it's just....just."

"....frustrating?"

"Yeah and it..."

"....drives you nuts?"

"Exactly."

Sonic crosses his arms behind his head and approaches the ticket couter. "They only stare, because they all know that I'm...way past cool." He states as he turns back towards Rainbow Dash and flashes his trademark smile; causing the mare's wings to flair outward.

The blue hedgehog chuckles at this and turns back towards the ticket counter. "You're going to have to explain to me one of these day, why you keep doing that."

------

The sky erupts in a fury of whizzing fireworks and colorful explosions as the majority of the spectators enter the seating area of the coliseum. With the blue duo taking a seat on one of the smaller clouds near the top of one of the columns.

"So who are these guys anyway?" Sonic asks as he flips through a pamphlet.

"'These guys' are the Wounderbolts, they are a..."

"A wounder-what?"

"Wounderbolts, how do you not...know." The cyan mare trails off as Sonic grins as her statement. "Oh right, They are an aerial acrobatic group that performs various events.

"So there a bunch of stunt fliers."

"Well there's more to it then that, but yeah pretty much."

Sonic lets out an amused grunt and glances back down at the pamphlet.

"No cocky remark, no playful banter, no 'oh that's silly'?"

The blue hedgehog looks up from his paper and turns towards the cyan mare. "Oh, actually i think it's pretty cool." Sonic turns back towards his pamphlet." I can see why you want to be one."

Rainbow Dash glares at Sonic. "You knew about them the whole time didn't you."

"Pretty much."

"that means, all that..."

"Yep"

The cyan pegasus opens her mouth to say something, but it cut off as a loud explosion erupts over head as six pegasus fly overhead, doning matching blue flight suits, with yellow lightning bolts on various locations. The crowd cheers as they all scatter in various directions, only to meet up again high above the coliseum and simultaneously dive through the opening at the bottom.

"Oh, watch this. This is my favorite part of this stunt." Rainbow Dash speaks as she rocks back and forth in her seat.

Reappearing from the same opening, the six pegasus shoot upward; crisscrossing with one another. Climbing higher and higher. Reaching the top of the substratosphere and scattering in groups of two.Each performing a sort of ballet in midair as they intersert each others flight paths barely missing one another. Joining together in a rapid spin as each descend towards the coliseum below.

"I-it's...."

"Like poetry in motion." Sonic adds as he watches the 6 Wonderbolts scatter as they reach the edge of the arena.

Rainbow Dash gives the hedgehog an odd look; causing him to rear away."What?"

The mare lets out a chuckle before answering. "You have to stop handing around that egghead so much."

"Jealous?"

"No!" Rainbow Dash shaps as she turns away.

------

As the show of pony aerial acrobatics comes to a close. The crowd cheers as the stunt fliers dive through the arenas floor a final time. Setting off a barrage of colored explosions and other assorted whistling/ buzzing noises.

Sonic and Rainbow Dash exit the coliseum through one of the 'ground' exits; with Rainbow Dash scowling as she navigates through the crowd.

"Hey don't be like that, it was kidding. Obviously I don't think you ponies are made of candy. You just look like it."

The cyan mare rolls her eyes. "Whatever, this joke stopped being funny the first 20 times a herd it."

"Ha, so you did find it amusing at one point."

Rainbow Dash abrupt stops in front of Sonic,causing him to bump in to her. " What's wrong, Dash?"

The cyan pegasus notions towards a certain daredevil flying team a few yards away. Conversanting with with other and the small crowd that has gathered around them.

"Hey it's those ponies we saw earlier."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Rainbow Dash says she starts to go into 'fan girl' mode.

"Want me to get you an autograph."

The mare abruptly stops and turns towards the hedgehog. "One does not simply ask the Wonderbolts for an autograph."

"Watch me." Sonic says as he heads towards the group of acrobatic fliers.

Rainbow Dash watches in bewilderment as the blue hedgehog casually approaches the group and gives them subtle wave. To which they all instantly gather around the new arrival.

"What?"

Soarin eagerly shakes Sonic's hand as the other Wonderbolts crowd around him. All eagerly trying to meet the blue hedgehog.

"You've got to be kidding?"

A female Wonderbolt with a white mane attempts to give the hedgehog a hug, but stops as she points her hoof at his large spikes protruding out his back. Much to Sonic's amusement; who holds outs his arms and notions the mare to continue. To which she instantly leaps into the hedgehog's out stretched arms.

"Uh?"

Spitfire then approaches and claps Sonic's hand in her hooves and gives it a stern shake as she says few words gives the hedgehog a nod of acknowledgment. With Sonic repeating the action, giving the mare a thumbs up, and smile.

"No way!"

A male and female Wonderbolt with orange manes, both eagerly shake Sonic's hand. While another one with a curly purple mane and tale, holds up a camera and notions the others to approach.

"..."

The stunt fliers then take turns posing for the camera as they stand next to the blue blur. Ending with a all of them gathered together, while a spectator snaps the final picture.

"Ok, now he's just rubbing it in."

As the stunt fliers attempt to disburse, Sonic stops them and notions towards the awestruck Rainbow Dash; still standing in the same spot as before.

The cyan mare nervous looks around as her hero's approach. Frantically attempting to brush down any stray hairs in her mane and tale.

Sonic waves as he approaches with the six Wonderbolts in tow. "Hey Dash, I got you something better then an autograph."

Rainbow Dash stares blankly at blue hedgehog and the stunt fliers.

"Dash?"

The mare shakes away the cobwebs and trots towards the group. "Wow, I can't believe it. I just...just..wow."

Spitfire lets out an amused laugh. "At ease, soldier."

Rainbow Dash lowers her head. "Sorry."

"C'mon, you act like this you're first time meeting us or something."

"Well you see..." The cyan mare fidgets as she looks around.

"I think it's just her first time meeting so many of you guys at once. " Sonic states, saving the nervous Rainbow Dash; who relaxes as the hedgehog states this.

"Suppose you have a point there." Spitfire says as she scratches her chin with her right hoof, as if contemplating something. "Though I don't know why you'd be nervous. We've all seen you're sweet moves out there first hand." The other Wonderbolts nod in agreement.

Rainbow Dash grins at this. "You like my moves?"

The yellow mare nods. "Sure do, which reminds me. We're starting classes again, this fall. So you might want to keep an eye on you're mail."

Hearing her idols words of encouragement, causing the mare to get almost gitty as she beams a large smile. Only for it to fade slightly as she turns to Sonic.

"Can I ask you something, ma'am."

The mare lets out an amused chuckle before answering. "Spitfire is just fine and sure go ahead?"

"How do you guys know Sonic?

"Funny story actually. Remember when those Timberwolves attacked Ponyville a few weeks back?"

The cyan mare nods.

"Well anyway, Fleetfoot here." Spitfire says as she points to white named Wonderbolt. "Was recovering after a training accident that happened a few days earlier at local hospital."

Fleetfoot slinks down as the Captain finishes her sentence.

"So when we herd that cool blue here." The orange pegasus says as she places her right hoof on Sonic's shoulder. "Was the one that saved her and the rest of the town. We figured we could at the very least thank him. The next we see him."

"And what was it you said when we finally met?" Sonic asks giving the mare an amused look.

Spitfire frowns."I said, 'So, I hear you're the hero of Ponyville.'"

Sonic crosses his arms behind his head. "It's like who else could it be? That is as awesome as me?"

A few of the ponies shakes here heads at the bad joke.

"But now i have a question." Sonic states as he raises his hand.

"Shoot."

"What do you guys do...I mean other then the whole aerial stunt thing?"

"Mind if I take this one?" Soarin ask as he appears besides the Captain.

Spitfire nods "Go right a head."

"Thanks you Captain." The stallion nods to his superior, gaining a nod daredevil captain."Anyway, at this time this is pretty much what we do for the moment. Granted we'll assist in any minor incursions if we're the the closets ones or if it's feasible for us to take action."

Sonic nods. "I see.

"However, during war times we can either be used as an aerial deference/assault force or even assists in either evac, search and rescue, or medical support."

"When was the last time you guys were deployed to do more then...sky tricks?"

Soarin frowns for a moment at the question before answering. "That's the thing, records show that we have yet to perform any of those. I assume we assisted somewhat in that whole Nightmare Moon thing a millenia or so back. But nothing all that recent. Yet, by orders of the Princess herself. We are to still maintain our forces in case they are needed.

"You mean Queen, right?"

"No it's the princess that rules, we have to queen. However on that thought. Our records don't go beyond her taking power. It is as if everything before that was erased."

Spitfire places a hoof on the stallion's shoulder."Alright Lieutenant, we need to go. Cloudsdale isn't are only stop today."

"Oh,...right." The stallion says as he flips is goggles back over his eyes.

"Well it's been a fun, but we must be off." Spitfire states s the other Wonderbolts take position. "Don't be a stranger." The mare says as she winks at the blue hedgehog and flips down her goggles; taking flight and joins the other Wonderbolts, alright hovering above. "Let's Fly!" The Captains commands as the other take formation and takes off.

Rainbow Dash stares dumbstruck at the daredevil fliers as they disappear into the distance. "Those were the Elite team of Wonderbolts. I just met the highest ranking members...of the Wonderbolts!" The mare says as her upper lip quivers.

"You sure did." Sonic states as he smiles at the excited pegasus.

The cyan mare leaps towards the blue hedgehog, wraps her forelegs around the blue hedgehog and begins to affectionately nuzzle him. "Thank you,thank you, thank you, this was way better then some autograph. That was so awesome!"

Sonic lets out an amused chuckle. "I thought so. Not bad for a first date, ha?" The hedgehog suddenly frowns. "Though I'm not sure how were going to top this one though."

Rainbow Dash loosens her hold and looks up at the hedgehog. "Date?"

The blue hedgehog raises an eyebrow. "Wasn't it? You were so excited to hang out and attend this evet with me. I thought..."

Rainbow Dash releases her grip and stares back at Sonic; her face turning turning several shades of crimson. As her wings pomp upward in response.

"Am I wrong?"

The mare opens her mouth to reply, only to be stopped as something heavy behind her.

"Well, if it isn't Lame-bow Dash." A familiar voice says from behind the bewildered mare.

"G-Gilda?" Rainbow Dash sputters out as she turns towards the new arrival.

A large griffon stands before the small pony, towering several heads above her. Looking at the mare with an amused look on her face.

"In the flesh." Gilda leans closer to the pegasus. "Why is you;re face all red?"

Rainbow Dash shakes off the expression and glares at griffon. "What do ya want?"

"Well excuse me! I was just coming back from the show and..." Gilda trails off as she spots Sonic standing a few feet from the mare. "Whose this?"

The pegasus takes a few steps back and wraps her left foreleg around the hedgehog's shoulders. "This is Sonic. And unlike you, he stands by his friends and doesn't try to break them apart."

The griffons wings flare outward as she leans forward. "What was that?" Gilda snaps as she glares at the small pony.

"You herd me, friends don't get jealous when there friends make new ones."

"IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK WHAT HAPPENED?!

Sonic steps out of the mare's hold and walks between the two. "Hold on, you two used to be friends."

Gilda's expression softens. "Once, a long time ago. I considered Rainbow Dash a friend."

"What happened?"

"What's it to you?" The griffon snaps as she glares at the hedgehog.

"Humor me."

Gilda rolls her eyes. "We had a falling out a while back."

"That's not what i'd call it!" Rainbow Dash shouts as she starts to trot towards Sonic.

The blue hedgehog holds up is right hand and turns back towards the mare to stop her. "Dash!"

"Fine!"

Sonic crosses his arms as he turns back towards Gilda. "So, what caused this 'falling out?'"

"We had a fight and went out separate ways."

"That's it?"

Author's Note:

A certain cyan mare takes out hero to Cloudsdale to see a WounderBolts show. With humorous results.