• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 10,825 Views, 412 Comments

Sonic: Chaos in Equestria - Snicket



Sonic makes an unplanned stop to the land of Equestria

  • ...
29
 412
 10,825

Star Dust

Twilight and Rarity suddenly pop up in a random location, Twilight looking worse for wear. She struggles to keep her footing while breathing heavily.

"Are you alright, Twilight?" Rarity asks as she places a hoof on the mare's shoulder.

"I’m… fine… just…" Twilight takes a few deep breaths. "I’ve never done so many in a row before." A loud thud draws the mare's attention as the Ursa Minor charges before them and rips out another loud roar before it begins to charge at them. Rarity lets out a frustrated sigh.

"This beast simply does not give up." She turns to the lavender Unicorn. "Got enough energy in you for one more?"

Twilight lets out an amused laugh. "Do I have any choice?" The mare's horn starts to emit a bright light and the duo disappear once more.

The Ursa Minor snarls at the spot the two once stood and lets out another massive roar.

------

Fences and small trees are ripped from the ground as a blue streak zips by, sending debris scattering in every direction. A wooden cart smashes into a large birch tree and shatters as planks and timber fly across the road. A great bang is heard as the blue blur charges towards the Everfree forest, breaking the sound barrier. Small animals and birds scatter as if a gunshot had gone off, fleeing from the loud noise. Some ponies still milling about, despite the Mane 6's pleas, spot the destruction left in the hedgehog's wake and flee back to their homes.

------

A set of cyan ears perk up as the Sonic Boom echoes about, prompting the Pegasus to turn towards the source of the sound.

"It can't be." Rainbow Dash takes flight and hovers above the tree line, and, after a quick look around, spotting a cloud of dust rising from the road to the west. "What is he doing outside of the forest?" Her face twists in shock. "Something's wrong," the mare says worriedly as she flies off to intercept the blue hedgehog.

------

Twilight and Rarity materialize in a large clearing. Twilight collapses in exhaustion as Rarity frantically scans the area for any sign of the Ursa Minor, only to hear the roar of the larger one.

"Twilight, we must get out of here!" the white Unicorn insists as she shakes the fallen mare.

"Just give me a minute," Twilight weakly replies.

"I’m don't have a minute!" Rarity snaps. "It's coming this way!"

The massive Ursa Major emerges from the thick trees, letting out a colossal roar as it spots the two ponies in front of it, the much smaller Ursa Minor running up next to it. It lets out a small roar, receiving a menacing growl from the larger one before the purple creature vanishes back into the dark forest.

"It must want us all for itself," Twilight states weakly as she struggles to her hooves.

"Whatever shall we do?" Rarity asks as she desperately searches for an escape route.

"I-I-I don't know, I’m not sure," the lavender mare replies as she falls to her haunches.

"Please don’t tell me you’re giving up," the white unicorn pleads as she turns to the mare beside her. "You never give up."

Twilight tilts her head towards the ground and shakes it miserably. "I just don't know what to do."

Rarity glares at the mare and emits a bright light from her horn. "Well I know what I’m going to do." Blue lights begins to spark from her horn. "I'm not going out without a fight! Are you with me?"

Twilight nods and rises to her feet, channeling the last of her magic into her horn. "I’m in." Rarity nods and takes a ready position.

"If we give it everything we’ve got, we might be able to make it out okay. Let’s do this."

The two mares take up ready positions and prepare for their final stand against the massive beast before them. The creature lets out another massive roar and begins to advance on the two mares. "On three, we give this thing all we got. Together." Twilight nods at the mare’s words.

"One..." The two ponies gulp at the advancing creature.

"Two…" Rarity and Twilight exchange quick glances with each other, both smiling warmly.

"Thr-"

"Hey, Fluffy!" a familiar voice shouts.

A deafening boom echoes in the distance, prompting the Ursa Major to slow down and turn towards the sound, only to be struck in the chest as a spinning blue ball slams into it, causing the Ursa to stumble backwards. As it attempts to regain its balance, a Rainbow streak following a certain cyan mare strikes it a few moments later, sending the beast flying backwards into the forest.

Rarity and Twilight gape in shock as they watch the beast vanish from there sight. "Was that blue ball...?" Rarity begins.

"Uh huh." Twilight replies.

"And the rainbow one…?" The lavender unicorn nods.

"It sure was."

Rarity collapses on her haunches and heaves out a heavy sigh. "Thank Celestia."

------

Great trees snap as the massive blue beast plows a path through the forest, thanks to the actions of a particular blue duo, who just happen to be currently riding the creature as it blazes a trail with the mass of its body.

Sonic turns to the cyan mare and grins. "That was some nice timing back there."

Rainbow Dash smirks and turns away slightly to hide the hint of a blush on her cheeks. "Well, I couldn't let you have all the fun now, could I?"

The blue hedgehog lets out an amused chuckle. "I suppose not."

The two leap off the beast just before it slams into a cliff face. "Alright, that got ‘em!" Rainbow Dash boasts as she pumps her foreleg in triumph. The Ursa Major rolls off its back, letting out a snarl, and struggles to rise to its feet. "You’ve gotta be freakin' kidding me!" the cyan mare shouts in annoyance.

"Well, we just put ourselves right at the tippy-top of the menu for this evening," Sonic adds with a slight chuckle.

"Is that a hint of nervousness I hear?" Rainbow Dash replies as she gives the hedgehog a sly grin.

"Pfftt, me? Nervous? You're delusional, Skittles," Sonic retorts, as he gives the mare a cocky grin.

With all four paws back on the ground the creature examines the two that stand before him. Before either of them can react, it turns to the cyan mare and begins to charge at her. With a small yelp, Rainbow turns around and flies away at full speed.

"Dash, wait!" Sonic shouts as he calls out to the mare with an outstretched hand.

------

Rainbow Dash bobs and weaves through the trees with the Ursa Major hot on her tail, though the mare seems to be faster than the creature and begins to pull ahead, boosting her confidence.

"Ha! You think you can catch me?" the mare brags as she flips about in the air to face the charging beast. "I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria, nopony can outfly me."

The creature continues to tear through trees as it attempt to catch the cyan mare. "Just give up already, you're not going to catch-"

-Smack-

Rainbow Dash turns about just in time to strike a low hanging tree branch, forcing her to the ground as the mare clenches her now injured muzzle.

"Buck! Of all the times to hit a branch, why now?!" the Pegasus shouts as she continues to hold her sore face, blood droplets falling to the earth just in front of her forelegs.

Deep snarling and growling grows in volume from behind the mare, sending goosebumps down her back.

"Nice bear..." Rainbow Dash gulps a she slowly turns towards the Ursa Major. "It was just a joke... I didn't-"

The creature bellows out a massive roar and raises its left paw to strike down its dinner.

"Uh, oh," the mare mutters as she stands frozen in fear. As the paw begins to swing down, the mare squeezes her eyes shut and prays to Celestia that it won’t hurt too much, then waits for the fatal blow. One second. Two. It doesn’t come. Is that wind rushing through her mane? Rainbow Dash cracks an eye open to a cocky grin and confident emerald eyes.

"S-Sonic?" she whispers in disbelief.

"In the flesh." Strong arms and gloved hands hold the mare (bridal style) as Sonic zips through the forest.

"You… you saved me. That bear was about to rip me to pieces, and you saved me," Rainbow Dash says in a daze as she continues to stare blankly at the blue hedgehog.

Sonic chuckles as the statement. “You know what they say. The hero always arrives right on time. Besides, my little Dashie was about to be bear food."

The cyan mare looks down at the ground rushing by beneath them, still holding her holding her foreleg over her bruised and now blushing face. "I told you not to call me that," the mare mutters as she attempts to fake a serious tone.

"C’mon, let me see," Sonic demands, looking stubbornly at the cyan mare's foreleg covering her injured muzzle. Rainbow Dash sighs and moves her leg away. "Aah, that's not so bad," the hedgehog states as he shifts the mare in his arms, freeing up his right hand. "Might want to ice it once this whole thing is over, though," Sonic adds as he places his now freed hand on the mare's chin and tilts her head side to side analytically.

A foreleg suddenly wraps around the back of the hedgehog's neck and forces his head downward, towards the mare in his arms. Rainbow Dash arches upwards and plants her lips on Sonic's, giving him a sudden kiss, shocking Sonic to the point that her nearly crashes into a tree. The two hold this pose for several moments, only for the two to break apart when the mare releases Sonic from her hold and smiles up at his dumbfounded expression. "Thanks for saving me."

Sonic grins at the comment, but then turns serious. "We're not out of the woods yet. Both literally and figuratively."

The mare nods in response and looks way. "Right, we still need to lose that thing." The hedgehog leaps through a set of odd looking birch trees and shifts the mare in his arms to get a better grip on her.

"It still chasing us?" Rainbow Dash arches her head back to look behind the two. A great, purple, constellation covered bear bursts in from the far right and streaks towards them in full pursuit.

"Does that thing ever give up?" she huffs angrily.

Sonic grimaces at the question. "Apparently not."

Rainbow Dash lets out a heavy sigh and continues to watch the beast tear after the two. "So, Sonic," Rainbow Dash begins as she looks up at the hedgehog. "About what I just did..."

Sonic raises an eyebrow at the mare's question and gives her an inquisitive look. "I’m sorry, what did you do?" the hedgehog asks in mock ignorance.

"You know exactly what I mean!" Rainbow Dash retorts as her cheeks takes on a pink tinge.

"Oh, thaaaaat." Sonic grins as he turns his attention back to the forest.

"I-I was just caught up in the moment, I didn't mean anything by it," the Pegasus replies as she continues to stare at the blue hedgehog, still blushing from the topic.

"Is this really the best time to talk about it?" Sonic asks as he zips past a half fallen tree.

The mare looks away. "Right, right, we have to stay focused." Rainbow Dash sighs.

"Can you still fly?" Sonic asks, prompting the pony to look back at him.

"I think so, I didn't injure my wings… just my face." Rainbow Dash hesitates as she says the last part. Sonic skids to a stop and sets the cyan mare back on the ground. "Hey, what are you-"

"Dash, I need you to go find the others," the hedgehog says, though his gaze remains fixed in the direction of the approaching threat.

"But what about you?"

"I'll catch up."

"How do you expect me to find them?"

Sonic shrugs and crosses his arms behind his head. "I dunno, if you run into Twilight or Rarity, have them use their magic to get the others’ attention or something."

"And if I find somepony else?"

"You’ll figure something out. Now go!"

"But Sonic, what are you going to do?"

The hedgehog smirks at the mare’s question. "I have an idea that’s so crazy that it just might work.”

"You're starting to scare me."

The Ursa Major stomps to a halt before the blue duo, snarling as it looks back and forth between the two, as if trying to decide who to attack first. It finally stops at Rainbow Dash. A throaty growl coming from the beast’s throat, it crouches back, preparing to lunge at the mare, but turns away as Sonic kicks up a cloud of sand, dirt, and rocks in its face, drawing its attention away from the cyan mare.

"C'mon, Fluffy! Get it while it's hot!" Sonic taunts as he smack his rear, drawing the creature’s attention to him. The beast lets out a massive roar and gives chase, ignoring the mare entirely. Rainbow Dash watches as the blue hedgehog leads the beast away. "Good luck, Sonic."

------

Twilight and Rarity scan the area for any signs of the Ursa Minor or any of their friends with little success.

"Find anything?" The white unicorn asks, using her magic to illuminate a small area and peer down a cliff.

“Nothing yet,” Twilight replies as she scans the large clearing, no longer showing any sign of her earlier fatigue.

A cyan blur zips past the two, causing their manes and tails to snap back in the direction of its tailwind. Rarity lets out a yelp as she tries to hold her mane down. The wind quickly dies down, and Twilight looks in the direction of whatever had caused it.

"Twilight!" a voice shouts from above, prompting the two mares to glance upward.

"Rainbow!" Twilight yells happily as she spots the cyan Pegasus hovering overhead.

"Who else could fly by that fast?" the mare boasts as she lands next to the lavender Unicorn.

"I take it you were able to lose that dreadful creature in the woods, Rainbow darling?" Rarity inquires as she joins them.

Rainbow Dash nervously scratches the back of her head with her hoof. "Actually, Sonic suggested that I come and find you guys while he… takes… care… of… it?" her voice raises to end in a question as she watches her friends’ expressions change from looks of relief to shock.

The two mares stare at the Pegasus in shock. "He did what!?" Twilight snaps as she gapes at the cyan mare.

"CALM DOWN, Twilight. He said he had a plan," Rainbow Dash states as she holds up a hoof to calm the riled up mare.

"So, Sonic asked you to come find us?" Rarity adds as she flicks a flock of hair away from her face.

Rainbow Dash scratches the back of her head with her once outstretched hoof. "Yeah, he said that if I ran in to either of you two. You could signal the others and gather everypony."

The two Unicorns exchange looks. "That's… actually not a bad idea," Twlight states. "Assuming he's got the Ursa Major occupied, that would work out fairly well."

The cyan mare shrugs. "He seemed to think so, I figure it's worth a shot."

Twilight nods as her horn begins to emit a pink light. "I'll send a signal up that’ll-"

Rarity holds out a foreleg in front of the lavender mare. "Actually, Twilight, would you mind letting me give this a go. I've been meaning to see if I can actually get something like that to work." The white unicorn lowers her leg and smiles at the ponies before her. "Plus, you need to conserve you strength for the battle ahead."

Twilight considers this carefully for a few moments before nodding her approval. "Go ahead."

Rarity nods back and uses her magic to fire a beam of light from her horn and send it skyward. It explodes in a dazzling burst of blue and white sparks, which, instead of falling harmlessly to the ground as a firework would, assemble to form the shape of the mare's cutie mark and then a giant arrow pointing downward.

"Show off," Rainbow Dash mutters under her breath.

------

A wheat-colored mare and pink party pony spot the light show overhead.

"Ooooo, pretty lights," Pinkie Pie giggles as she watches the light show in the distance.

"Well, if that ain't a signal tellin’ us where the others ’ve gone, I don't what is," Applejack states as she trots up to the pink mare. "C'mon girls, let’s go meet up with the others," the apple bucking pony says as she motions for the others to follow her. "You too, Fluttershy," she adds, encouraging the skittish Pegasus to follow.

------

Sonic stands on the edge of a ledge overhanging a treacherous cliff face as the Ursa Major slowly advances on his position, sensing that it had its prey cornered. The blue hedgehog takes a small step back, his heel now hovering over the edge. Small rocks dislodged by the movement wobble on the precipice, then tumble down, down, down to the bottom. Dozens of loud cracks reverberate up the canyon as they make as they smack against other rocks trailing down the cliff face reverberates around the eerily silent canyon, only broken by a deep growl rising up from the Ursa. Sonic gulps and glances down behind him, noticing a cluster of vibrant blue flowers at the bottom of the cliff. "I hope you weren't just being paranoid, Twilight," he mutters as he turns back towards the creature, its throaty growl growing louder, deeper, more threatening. Done with its play, the Ursa releases a mighty roar and charges at the hedgehog.

"C'mon Fluffy! One fresh, juicy, delicious hedgehog right here!" Sonic shouts as he waves his arms up and down. The hedgehog crouches into a ready position as the gap between the two quickly shortens. "Just a little bit further…" he kneels to the ground.

In a burst of speed, the hedgehog dashes towards the beast, hoping to take advantage of its cumbersome size and dive out of the way before it runs off the cliff and falls into the poison joke. Sonic jerks out of the way just before the two collide in an attempt to dodge the creature, only for it to prove pointless as it disappears in a puff of pink smoke. Surprised, Sonic trips up and sends himself tumbling head over heels into the trees marking the beginning of the forest.

"That looked like it hurt. Need a hand?" a drawling voice asks as a taloned hand extends towards the hedgehog.

Next Chapter Preview:

Rainbow Dash: "Again with the lightning!"

Discord: "Choose wisely, the fate of your friends is entirely in your hooves"

Twilight: "You fool! Do you have any idea what you've done?"

Sonic: "Alright then, let’s test them out."

Author's Note:

Our hero continues to lead the Ursa Major away from the mane 6. Crossing paths with the master of chaos in the process. What is to come of our cool blue hero? Find out next time