• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 1,231 Views, 16 Comments

Flying in the Wrong Lane - soothsayer



Thunderlane is the type of stallion other stallions would kill to be. For some reason mares find him irresistable. He likes the attention but he is still lonely. Having more options can actually make things, harder.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,231

Chapter 3

It was the same bar. The same damn bar that had started it all. I sat there sipping on my frothy topped beer chatting with the bar keep. The bar keep was one of those kind of ponies that you could just talk to without feeling like you are boring them to death with your life story. She was a plum colored mare by the name of Berryshine and if you stayed late enough you could watch her drink more than she sold. She held her liquor well and usually you could never tell she was the least bit intoxicated.

A few beers and confessions later a golden brown stallion slipped onto the stool beside me. Berryshine's face lit up with a warm smile.

"Hi yaa! Caramel!" she greeted him.

Caramel was a common sight around Ponyville. He was a clownish colt that was comicly forgetful. I don't know if it is just his nature or if it was his act. But he was likeable enough.

"Where's Sassaflash?" she asked him.

"She's gone to Las Pegasus. She landed a little modeling gig, something about being a model for some casino's pamplet."

"Ooo!" whistled Berryshine.

I listened to them talk back and forth for a few minuets and just when I was starting to get board I reached for my pint of beer. My hoof brushed against another's and my eyes shot down to see that I had my hoof over Caramels. I slowly looked up and saw that Caramels face was painted a deep shade of red. I quickly pulled back and gave him a nervous grin,

"Sorry I thought that was my beer!"

He opened his mouth and then closed it. I watched his eyes cross as he was trying to find something to say. Finally he spoke up,

"I think it was, I'm the one that should be sorry, bud."

Meanwhile Berryshine stood there grinning like a fool at our awkward exchange. I had the sudden need to do something hyper masculine so I let out a loud, belch.

Giggling, Caramel let out one of his own. I could feel eyes bore into my back side as I heard some of the other patrons whisper about how uncouth the two of us were being. Caramel must have heard them too, because he turned in his seat and told them off,

"Come on, Ladies and Gentlecolts! This is a bar! We come her to let loose and get out from the scrutiny of the public eye. Berryshine tries so hard to make this like a second home. And I'll be a rotten apple if I don't do that!"

A Stallion in a rhinestone shirt lifted his glass and said,

"Here, Here!"

With a grin Caramel turned back around asking,

"Uh, where were we?"

We talked and drank for a while until we were both on the verge of being drunk. He and I walked outside and I followed him to his house. I wasn't going to let my new friend pass out on the way. So, we got to his door and were to the point that I should have left him but he invited me in for another drink.

I was sitting on his couch when he brought a bottle of gin and two shot glasses. We talked about past marefriends and the stupid stuff we had done. After a couple of shots, he learned that I was a sad drunk.

"I'm never going to find the one. I'm going to be alone, HICK, forever!" I wined.

"Ponyfeathers! You just hadn't found the right right one, bud." he reassured me.

I motioned to my body and said,

"Just look at me! Don't no mare want this!"

Smiling he leaned closer and said,

"Bud, your just taking nonsense! Your pretty enough to kiss!"

I don't know what made me think it much less do it but I took that as a invitation, so I pressed my lips hard against his. When I realized what I was doing I started to pull back but I found that I couldn't. He had his hooves wrapped around the back of my head. I mentally said, "Buck it!", letting out a low moan. He lowered his hooves down from my face and put them around my waist and pulling me into his lap. I teased his lips with my tongue and he let me in.

After our little waltz we broke our kiss and he laid me down on the couch and the two of us proceeded to make out. In the fog of drunken breath I ran my hooves down his back taking in every little contour of his taut body. I didn't know what he did to stay get in such good shape but I didn't care. I wraped my tail around his and pulled him closer and he let out a moan in agreement at where this was heading. Rolling off the couch we landed in the floor with a combined,

"Oof!" Taking a moment, I looked at him laying beneath me. His mane was a mess and he was wearing a goofy grin only made sillier by his glowing face. I didn't know if was the alcohol or if has actually blushing at our actions. I lowered my head and planted a kiss on his neck. He gasped as I placed several more of them down his neck. He pushed me back and croaked,

"Are we really going to do this?"

I pouted and then replied,

"We don't have too, if you think it is too uncomfortable."

He responed with a hollow,

"But, I'm not gay!"

I smiled and said with bravado,

"Me neither!"

He giggled at my faux confidence and then raised up and bit the end of my ear and pulled me down on top of him. And just before we started up again he whispered in my ear with his warm breath,

"I don't know what this is but, if your game I'm willing to get to the bottom of this," as he reached up and smacked me on my flank.


As I woke up the first thing I noticed was that I was going to have to wash my sheets again. That dream always got me. It was just a stupid memory. Or that was what I had tried to convince myself of, but every time I had that dream a little more of the memory came back to me. I was so drunk at the time that I didn't really remember much at all about that night. I just knew that I woke up laying in the middle of Caramels living room floor with my butt hurting and his coffee table pushed all the way against the wall. The room smelled faintly of sweat, alcohol, and sex. My mouth was filled with a mixture of morning breath, alcohol, and some other salty sweet flavor that I couldn't place. Caramel was laying just a foot or so from me and his fur and mane were filthy with Celestia knows what with a half empty jar of petroleum jelly cradled in his hooves. I panicked and ran out.

Latter we met up and we agreed to never talk about what happened ever again. It was just a bad experience that the two of us didn't want to be repeated. I tried to forget it but with each dream I was made more aware that he had made me in just one evening feel more alive than I have ever have.

Shifting in my bed I brushed up against something warm. I could feel a blush crawl across my face as I realized that I wasn't alone in my bed. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was a little after five in the morning so I mentally checked off the possibility that it was Rumble. Getting Rumble up before six-thirty was like a battle royale. That left only two possibilities. One was very possible. Flitter would often do strange and sometimes inappropriate stuff just to buck with me. That was just part of who she was. Whereas Chase usually would only tangle with me verbally, Flitter would go right for the juggler. And would get all touchy just to make me stutter or blush or get very angry. I was ready to get this over with so I turned over to face my challenger.

I kept my eyes closed trying my best to feign sleep. I didn't want Flitter to realize that I was awake aa I snuggled against her chest. She let out a pleased,

"mmm mmm."

I felt her snuggle closer. I freed a wing and then started to feel around clumsily trying to find her face. When I found it I slowly moved my muzzle towards hers and then I planted a soft kiss on her lips. Something about this wasn't right. She didn't back up and make any gagging noises nor did she leap off my bed and try to wipe off what ever boy germs I might have had. What she did do was gasp,

"Oh, Thunderlane! I knew you had feelings for me."

My eyes shot opened as I realized who I was sharing my bed with and whose voice I had heard. Blossom lay there all snuggly and warm under my blanket with a bright blush glowing across her muzzle. I watched as she licked her lips in satisfaction. I wanted to kick her but I recognized that her breathing wasn't the wakeful irregular breaths of the conscious world. It was the slow and steady cadence of sleep.

I lifted up the sheets to see if she was still dressed, thinking that if she was she probably had just mistaken my room for the guest room and stumbled in to finish out her nap. I flinched at the sight of her with out her clothes. Dropping the sheets I sat up and looked around the room for her clothes. I spotted them crumpled up in a pile beside my armoire. The next thought I had was how I had messed the sheets so I got out bed and went to wash up. I returned a few minuets later with a wet towel and a spray bottle of air freshener. I scrubbed the spot clean and then sprayed the air with the freshener trying to get rid of the smell of my accident.

It was still very early. Too early for an off day so I got back into bed and tried to go back to sleep. I thought about how Blossom had looked when I came home. Her eyes had been puffy from crying about something that had happened. She must have fallen asleep in Flitters arms as Flitter tried to comfort her. I felt guilty.

I was going to ask her out and had all ready planed out how I was going to ask her when Rarity caught me looking over Roseluck's flower arrangements. I was just about get a price on a bouquet of Daisies, Blossom's favorite flower, when Rarity walked up and started making small talk. Before I knew it she had shanghaied me into a date. Not that I was adverse to the idea, Rarity was a very pretty mare and was interesting to talk too. There is no rule that said a stallion couldn't date more than one mare. It's not like we were exclusive or anything. But after the date I knew one thing for sure and that was that I couldn't do that to Rarity. And that brought me back to the mixed feelings I had while laying next to Blossom.

I turned over to face Blossom. I gave her sleeping form a smile. I decided to do something that could be
reasoned as being inappropriate. Reaching towards her I wrapped my hooves around her waist just above her hips and pulled her towards me. She giggled at my touch. I wiggled closer to her and rolled on to my back I then tilted her my way with my wing until she her head fell on my chest. immediately she started to nuzzle my coat. Her hoof reached out and wraped around my middle as she squeezed my slightly. Her wing then slid under the cover stopping only after it was draping over me. Letting out a pleasant sigh she smiled in her sleep again.

Laying there I watched her sleep. Dancing beneath their lids her eyes had began to give off the tail tail signs that she was in deep rem sleep. She was like a angel laying gently against me. And just as I was drifting back to sleep another thought crossed my mind one that would add to the soup of strange feelings and thoughts.

"Damn it! Between thoughts of my forbidden acts with Caramel, the awesome date with Rarity, and the cuteness of Blossom, I don't have a clue what I want." I mentally hissed.