• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 1,738 Views, 71 Comments

Mass Effect - shanetommas111



Twilight was trying to perfect her freezing spell till her friends came and accidently caused her to make a mistake ending up freezing them self's for 280 years. When they woke up they found that pony kind have ascended to the stars.

  • ...
18
 71
 1,738

Chapter Two: To The Future.

Deep in space three stallions are talking about one stallion for a mission.

“Well what about Shepherd? Trinity born but no record on his family.”

“Doesn’t have one, he was born on the streets. Learned to look after himself.”

“The stallion lost his entire unit on Ahooves. He could have extreme emotional scars.”

“That’s also where he got his cutiemark, he’s a surviver.”

“Is that the kind of pony we want to protect the galaxy?”

“He is the only kind of pony for this dutie.”

In 2053 the ponies of Trinity went to its nearest planet Marez for possibly colonizing it. But when they got there, they found an ancient alien artifact that advance pony kind technology by 300 years. And the name of the alien technology was dubbed…

Mass Effect.

*******************

In Canterlot, there was a room below the royal palace that the only held six mares and a baby dragon in a block of ice. Most days the block of ice just sat there frozen, not melting or anything… till now. The block of ice was melting linking water on the ground till it suddenly turned into water in an instant, where it released the group of ponies and dragon.

“-it!”

Twilight finally said her last word before she was stuck in the block of ice. She then ran into a wall thinking that the direction was her library door. She rubbed her head feeling the pain of ramming her head.

“Ow, where’s my door?” Twilight asked till she looked around the room they were in and noticed that they weren’t even in the library. “Where are we?”

Applejack then trotted up to Twilight and asked. “I thought you would know.” She then gave Twilight a serious face. “You did make that potion.”

“Maybe she accidentally transported us.” Rainbow said while flying around. “She does know how to transport.”
“This wasn't a transport spell Rainbow, this is was a freeze spell that went wrong.” Twilight thought for a moment till she spoke again. “We may have been moved from the library to somewhere else when we were frozen.”

Rarity then trotted to Twilight and said. “Well it better not been long.” Rarity then went to her now soaked supplies to see if they are salvageable. “I need to work on my client’s dresses as soon as possible.”

“Hey girls look there’s a door over there!” Rainbow Dash yelled. The other mares looked at the door and Twilight immediately went to open it and said.

“Alright girls let get out of here.”

With that, Twilights friends and her assistant went along with her outside of the room to find they were in a hallway that was different. The hallway looked extra clean and there were moving words on glass screens. The mares look in aw till Applejack then asked.

“Where the heck are we?”

Before any of them could answer they heard a voice behind them. “Hey you’re not allowed to be here.” They turned around to see a pony with strange armor that covered is entire body and face. “You are under arrest for trespassing in a restricted area.”

“Look we can explain.” Twilight said trying to reason with the guard. Then something extended from the back of his armor, the object looked almost like a crossbow but very different and more intimidating. With that Fluttershy then ran off from the group. “Fluttershy wait!”

Twilight ran with Spike on her back including the rest of her friends. “Halt or I will open fire.” The group of mares and dragon didn’t listen and just kept running trying to catch up with Fluttershy. “Well then you give me no choice.”

Suddenly the guard began firing at the group, Twilight looked at the little blue energy blasting from the guard and thought. ‘Those don’t look like arrows, more like magical energy bursts.’ Then one of the unknown blasts scraped her cheek. Her cheek hurt and then it began to bleed. “Keep running!”

The group then saw light from a door and quickly ran towards it to get out side. Twilight opened the door with her magic and they all got out, but when they did they were shocked to see that they were in a city that looked like no other city they have ever saw. The city they were in looked like it was made out of metal and glass with towers standing high above in the sky and more strangely enough they saw flying wagon like vehicles without a Pegasus pulling them, they looked around till they found that they were on a balcony of the royal palace of Canterlot. The group of mares and dragon just stood there till Twilight asked to herself.

“When are we?”

Then a bright purple mare appeared in front of them, she looked like a ghost except that there were wires like vanes all over its body. The mare answered Twilight’s question.

“The time is 10:26AM, and date is April 11th, 2285.”

The mare disappeared leaving the group of friends in shock. ‘We were frozen for 280 years.’ Twilight thought in her head trying to take everything in. The group did absolutely nothing till suddenly they were surrounded by guards.

“You are all under arrest for fleeing from the Royal Guard.” One of the guards said. “Now come peace fully or we will open fire.”

The group were now even more shocked that the ponies pointing their weapons at them were really the royal guard. Twilight was about to explain till another voice spoke.

“Stand down captain, there friends of mine.”

Twilight and the others looked where the familiar voice was and saw it was an alicorn they all know of and they all spoke her name.

“Princess Celestia.”