• Published 28th Oct 2013
  • 695 Views, 3 Comments

The Night Shall Last Forever - WritersBlock



1000 years after Luna was banished to the moon, the stars are in alignment once more. The time is right, and this time, The Nightmare shall not fail in her mission.

  • ...
0
 3
 695

Prologue: The preparations are made

Infinite nothing, that was how she had described it. Not the same kind of nothing as the infinite reaches of space, but more like a vast wasteland, only without the occasional changes in color. No, all that was here was infinite greyness, with only shadows showing any variation. It was an awfully dull place to be banished to.

Good thing that it was not the object of her attention.

No, the place that attracted her gaze was the large, multi-hued sphere that hung apart from her. Not above or below, just apart. It had once been her home, her kingdom, when it had been torn from her hooves in a horrible betrayal.

Of course, it had been herself that was the traitor, but that was of no consequence. What truly mattered was that she would soon be reunited with it. Would soon be able soar above it's oceans and in-between it's mountains. A smile spread across her face, though it was hardly a kind one.

Soon, she would be reunited with her dear sister.

And her revenge would begin.