• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 1,074 Views, 5 Comments

Ten Years Later - MrAlbum321



A prophecy threatens to destroy all of Equestria, one pony at a time!

  • ...
2
 5
 1,074

4: Reunion and Separation

When Twilight re-materialized, she found herself in the library basement. She found her friends lying around her, but something was wrong. They were tied like she was... and not moving. Twilight quickly untied them and tried to shake them awake.

"Oh come on, come on! Wake up!" Twilight muttered as she shook Rainbow Dash. She went over to Applejack and kicked her in the ribs. There was no response from either of them.

Twilight backed away, and cast a true-seeing spell. Using her resulting heightened senses, she looked at her friends. She shivered at what she saw.

None of them were breathing. Their hearts still beat, but they had less than a minute before they crossed over into death. Who could have done this?! Twilight thought. Her worry for her friends back-fed into her Element of Harmony, sparking the light again.

The light pulsed to some unknown rhythm. With each new pulse, it sent a ray to each of Twilight's friends.Yes, this can save them! Twilight thought. She focused on her worry for her friends, and the light grew in intensity.

Her friends were each lifted into the air, the light surrounding them. Twilight continued to focus on her friends, putting all her hopes on the light from her Element. There was another bright flash of indigo light, and her friends fell to the floor.

Twilight held her breath.

All five of Twilight's friends moaned, and slowly got up. Twilight sighed with relief. "Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy!" Twilight cried, hugging each of them.

"Ooooh," Applejack groaned. "What in the Hay happened?"

"I don't know," Twilight said. "I was hoping you could tell me."

"Remind me never to laugh in an echo chamber again," Pinkie Pie muttered.

"We need to get out of here," Rainbow Dash said. "We need to see what's happened to Ponyville."

"It's bad," Twilight said. "The sky's red, the silence is oppressive, and I couldn't find anyone else. It's as if the entire town was put into some alternate dimension, leaving us behind or something like that."

"Then let's go and find out what happened!" Rarity exclaimed. "No sense staying down her in the dark."

Everyone nodded agreement. They went up the library basement steps as quickly as they could. Twilight slipped on some kind of slippery substance on the stairs. It was too dark to determine what it is.

"Watch your step," Twilight said. "It's a little slippery for some reason."

Twilight opened the door to the library proper and froze. Her friends did likewise when they saw what Twilight saw.

Scootaloo was shouting at Princess Celestia. Scootaloo noticed Twilight and her friends, and ran over to them.

"You gotta help them!" Scootaloo screamed. "I, I tried to wake them up, but I can't get through this invisible shield-thing!" Scootaloo kicked the shield of blood-red light. "Please, there's gotta be-"

Twilight and her friends concentrated their thoughts on each other. Their Elements of Harmony came to life, each one of them shining a color of the rainbow. They hummed with the power of the Elements, which burst from them and arced to Princess Celestia and Sweetie Belle. The light surrounded the two of them, pulsing against the blood-red shield of light. A burst of bright white later, and the Princess crumpled to the floor.

The rainbow of light from the Elements faded. Breaking the barrier caused the six of them to black out from the intense concentration. Princess Celestia groaned, tried to get back on her hooves, but she slipped and fell to the floor. She looked up to see something that horrified her.

Sweetie Belle was still suspended in the air. She was still singing along to the strange chant in her head. As she chanted, golden musical notes floated from the corpse in the tub to Sweetie Belle, growing in number and light intensity. No! Princess Celestia thought. It's happening! Too soon, too soon, we're not ready!

Princess Celestia staggered back up again. She took several deep breaths to steady herself. She turned to Twilight and her friends. "Twilight... Twilight Sparkle, you need to flee, now!" she said.

Twilight regained consciousness a little, and struggled back to her hooves. "You're coming with us!" Twilight said. "We're not leaving without you!"

"You don't have a choice!" Princess Celestia shouted. She concentrated on a spell through her horn. For a second, nothing happened. Then a magical portal opened up over Twilight and her friends. The portal began to pull at Twilight and her friends, inching them towards the portal.

"YOU... NEED... TO... GO!" Princess Celestia yelled. "WARN... THEM... RAGN... RAGNAROCK!"

The portal pulled Twilight and her friends through it before they could respond. Princess Celestia picked up Scootaloo with the last of her magical strength and threw her through the portal as well. Princess Celestia collapsed, the portal closing behind Scootaloo. She stared back up at Sweetie Belle. The chanting increased in fever-pitch, the spell reaching the peak of its intensity.

May God have mercy on all of us, Princess Celestia thought. Godspeed....

The golden light flashed, and all was over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the middle of the night. Twilight lay in her bed, in the room just above the library in Ponyville. Her horn glowed as if she was casting a spell in her sleep. She slid the covers of her bed off, her eyes still closed in slumber. She moved off of the bed, moving with the slowness of sleep. She walked over to a chalk board, and picked up a waiting piece of chalk. She began to draw something, without seeing what it was she drew.

Spike, a baby dragon, snorted awake at the sound of chalk on chalk board. He opened his eyes from his bed by Twilight's bed, and saw her drawing the picture in her sleep. He turned away, pulling his blanked around him.

Twilight's messing with that spell again, he thought. She's been trying to figure out how to cast it for the past month. Looks like she finally got it worked out.

He closed his eyes as his breathing returned to the circadian pace of sleep. His eyes snapped back open at a realization he just had.

Wait, that spell was prophecy magic! he thought. She told me to not let it do anything crazy to her! Those horror stories... yeesh!

Spike sat up, fully alert. He turned to Twilight, who had just finished putting the last line of chalk on the board. Twilight put the shortened piece of chalk down, and slumped to the floor. The light from her horn winked out. Spike ran to her side, and tried to shake her awake.

"Twilight, wake up! Wake up, it worked!" Spike said.

Twilight groaned. She opened her eyes to see Spike standing above her. "Wha, what worked?" she mumbled.

"The prophecy spell, Twilight!" Spike answered. "It made you draw a picture! Look!"

"What prophecy spell? I didn't-" Spike pointed to the chalk board.

The picture was rough, and the darkness of night kept her from seeing it clearly. She lit a nearby candlestick with her magic and turned to look again. She gasped as she saw the drawing.

The scene was nightmarish. A pony glowing with light was at the top of the board, its rays piercing the other denizens of the drawing. Those denizens were seven ponies clustered into what looked like a hole on the left, and a representation of Princess Celestia on the right, her face one of terror and urgency. A speech balloon emanated from the Princess' mouth, which encapsulated one word:

"RAGNAROCK"