• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 2,003 Views, 4 Comments

An Old History Book - Vocal



An old book containing the history of Equestria. Can it really be trusted?

  • ...
 4
 2,003

The Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters and the Everfree Woods

It is a well known fact among scholars that The Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters is located within what is now known as the Everfree Forest, and while everypony who has seen the Everfree Forest knows that the Everfree Forest just doesn’t follow natural law, almost nopony really knows why the royal sisters would build a castle within it’s boundaries.

The truth lies in the past, at a time where the Elements of Harmony were not connected to anypony, Not even the Royal Sisters. This was the time where Discord had first come to Equestria, spreading chaos everywhere he could, causing natural law to run backwards, sideways, and, indeed, diagonally. Discord had corrupted all of Equestria with his power. Chaos had spread everywhere, and no place escaped him. No place, save the Everfree Forest.

The Everfree Forest, though at the time it was not called that,was a place where seasons changed on their own, where the animals fed themselves, and where the plants grew when nopony was looking, was not bound to natural law, and so there was nothing for Discord to draw power from for the Forest was already Chaos among Order, and one cannot make Chaos out of Chaos. The Forest, being the only safe haven from the tyranny of Discord, was soon inhabited by a group of ponies who did not wish to live by the whims of Discord. Among these ponies were the Royal Sisters, Celestia and Luna. They had built the castle as their home, somewhere they’d be safe from the monstrous creatures who inhabited the forest before them. They lived here for some time before they found the only thing capable of defeating Discord. The Elements of Harmony. Celestia, not wanting her younger sister to be in harm’s way, set off to defeat Discord on her own, leaving Luna behind in their castle, the only safe place she knew. However, when Celestia confronted Discord, she found she could not use the elements on her own. Panicked, she rushed back into the Forest, back to her castle. But Discord, not wanting her to get away, followed in pursuit. Celestia, thinking she had lost him among the trees, arrived just in time to hear her sister’s cries for help. Discord had known where she was going all along! Celestia rushed to her sister’s aid, running as fast as her hooves could carry her, hoping she could get to Discord and try using the Elements of Harmony again. Celestia was somewhat relieved as she saw her sister running towards her, but that relief was soon replaced with dread as Discord came around the corner after her. She wasn’t sure if the Elements would work. They did not work earlier. She backed away from Discord with her sister Luna. They thought they were doomed, as Discord began to sing about how enjoyable the chaos he would wreak would be. She tried again, but it didn’t work. She began to panic, she nearly released the six orbs from her magical grasp, but when she saw a second glow supporting them with her, she realized she wasn’t alone. She glanced at her sister, who, though younger than her, seemed to be more brave than her, determined to help her big sister. Celestia’s resolve was renewed, twice as strong as it was before and, with her sister’s help, she finally activated those six glowing orbs of power known as the Elements of Harmony. The sisters watched in awe as a beam of light more beautiful than anything they had seen before, shining with all different colors, shot out at Discord, catching him in mid-song. When the light had finally dissipated, they saw no threat. Just a stone statue of a draconequus in the middle of the hall.

With Discord gone, the chaos that had ravaged Equestria was undone, allowing all the ponies residing in the Forest to go back to the homes they once knew. The Princesses, deciding that they might need the Elements once more in the future, left them in the palace, in a shrine built just for holding them. Because the tools that brought them freedom from Discord, and had indeed protected them from his Tyranny, Celestia and Luna both agreed that the unnamed forest that they had resided in was to be named the Everfree Forest.