• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 2,998 Views, 29 Comments

House of Chaos - JusSonic



It's Nightmare Night at the House of Pony, but various enemies in the MLP universe got bigger plans.

  • ...
16
 29
 2,998

Chapter 6: Rainbow Dash and the Duah

Author's note
To joker, depending on what you're using him for. And if I even know you better to give you permission.

Chapter 6: Rainbow Dash and the Duah

"All right, time for you grim grins for this next Nightmare Night treat called 'Rainbow Dash and the Duah'!" Twilight exclaims to the crowd. Everyone applauds as the next cartoon plays.

--------------------

JusSonic presents...

Rainbow Dash in...

Rainbow Dash and the Duah

(Based off Donald Duck cartoon 'Donald Duck and the Gorilla')

It was a dark and stormy night in Ponyville. Rainbow is asked to house sit some pony's mansion while he is on vacation. Not that she wants to but at least the mare will get pays in bits for doing so. She is also looking after the Cutie Mark Crusaders while their families were busy.

Inside, Rainbow and the CMC were listening to a radio as well as some music. Suddenly, their program is interrupted by a news bulletin, "We interrupt your program to bring you this news bulletin! Newsflash! Duah, a pterosaur like creature has escaped from the Canterlot Zoo! Be on the lookout and stay away at all cost. This monster is a killer; that is all."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders yelps a bit as they hugs onto to each other. The fillies are scared that the Duah could come to Ponyville at any given moment. Rainbow on the other hand chuckled and remarks, "Oh give me a break! That Duah is probably hundred miles away! He wouldn't come to Ponyville! Look at yourselves; scaredy cats like Fluttershy!"

Rainbow shook herself as if pretending to be scared, making fun of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The mare then spots something, a pair of green gloves on the table left by the owner...and they look like Duah claws!

Rainbow smirks eagerly. She got a funny idea for a prank. The mare reaches for the lamp...and shut the light right off. Scootaloo gasps, "Rainbow Dash!" When the light is turned on, the Pegasus pony is gone. "Wait; where's Rainbow Dash?!"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders hug each other, looking scared. The Duah must've gotten her. Not one of them spots a pair of green claws coming up from behind them...and try to grab the fillies. They scream in terror and ran out of the room in time.

Of course, as it turns out, those 'green claws' were the same gloves worn by Rainbow who watch the girls run out. She laughs like mad. The mare enjoys that.

Of course, Rainbow is the only one as Apple Bloom peeks in from the door and frowns as she saw Rainbow with the green on, laughing. The filly should've known that it was her, pulling a prank on them!

"Ugh; 'Dat pranking cheat," Apple Bloom groans as she turns to her friends who overheard Rainbow's laughing and are not happy either, especially Scootaloo. "She went an' pulled a trick on us!"

"Wanna get back at her?" Sweetie asks her friends, knowing that her pals would want payback on Rainbow for her prank like she does.

"Luckily, I know where there's a pterosaur outfit in the closet." Scootaloo said devilishly. The trio heads off to get the costume. It's payback time!

-----------------------

A while later, Apple Bloom has the Duah head on, Sweetie the mid-section and Scootaloo the bottom part. They snuck over to the couch, ready to give Rainbow a big scare that she deserves.

Speaking of the prankster, Rainbow was looking for a book to read and found one. As she heads back to the couch, the mare said, "All right, now this is a cool story. I also like it for the pictures."

Rainbow sat down on the couch, unaware that she is also sitting on the fake Duah. The pony prepares to read then she begins to yawn. A hoof/claw that wasn't hers covers Rainbow's mouth to help her yawn...and she didn't notice at first.

Rainbow pulls out a lollipop so she can lick it while reading, which the mare begins to be doing, "'Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess'." Unknown to her, the fillies in the costume took the candy from her and bite into it. They put the lollipop back into Rainbow's hooves as, still not noticing, she read on, "'Oh, so very beautiful. She lived in a...'"

Rainbow prepares to lick her lollipop when she notice something's wrong: it has a big big out of it. The pony gasps as she holds the candy to hear mouth. Weird, Rainbow couldn't have a big bite like that!

Rainbow heard growling and slowly looks up to see what appears to be the Duah looking down at her. This causes the pony to go a much more paler white when she screams while flying up and out of the room.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders peek out of their costume and laugh with glee. That will teach Rainbow to pull a prank similar to their own again!

Of course, unknown to the pony, a familiar pterosaur creature was peeking right into the house: the real escaped Duah! The monster lifts up the windows of the house and came right in. The Cutie Mark Crusaders immediately turn, seeing the real Duah growling right at them!

The three fillies scream with terror as they run off with their individual costumes on. They ran right into another room...where Rainbow is peeking out of a jar with an umbrella to see where the Duah has gone off to. The mare looks shocked as she saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders in parts of the Duah costume. It didn't take long for her to realize what has happened before.

"Oh, so," Rainbow exclaims angrily to the Cutie Mark Crusaders who yelps and turns around quickly. Looks like their prank before is exposed. "Want to get even with me, eh?! Well, it's my turn to get even MORE even!"

Rainbow chases after the Cutie Mark Crusaders to get even with them. The three rush to a door but it was opened by the Duah on the other side who roars at them. The Cutie Mark Crusaders looks up in terror and ran off towards another room.

Rainbow came in and pounces right onto the face of the Duah, trying to tear off the face. During this time, the angry mare still thins that the Cutie Mark Crusaders has put on the disguise again and is trying to scare her off once more.

"All right, girls! Take off the outfit right now! I know you're in there! Cut it out and take it off! Take out that outfit right..." Rainbow begins to yell. But as she turns around, the mare's eyes widened as she saw three familiar fillies sneaking off with the individual costume that they're still wearing. "...off."

Rainbow looks shocked as she points a hoof at the fillies and what is the real monster. If that's them...then who is the Duah that she's confronting?

A nervous Rainbow opens the Duah's mouth and look inside, calling out, "Girls? Oh girls," Of course, the echo of what the pony just said came back, making her gulp. "Hoo boy, I'm dead, am I?"

The Duah roars as he grabs Rainbow, preparing to harm her. Just then another news bulleting is heard on the radio, "We interrupt this program once more to give you another news bulletin! Newsflash, a reminder! If you look any animal in the wild in the eye, you can master them! That's it all; Back to your regular scheduled program!'

Rainbow smirks as she looks right into the Duah's eye. Maybe she can master him and causes the pterosaur creature to back off. However, the mare saw a gravestone in his eye that reads, 'Here lies on dead pony'. Perhaps that wasn't just a good idea.

The Duah roars but a freaked out Rainbow grabs the umbrella and stuck it in his mouth. The creature yelps as it was open and tries to get out while his victim makes her escape. That was a close one!

-----------------------------

Rainbow and the fillies decide to forgive one another for their pranks earlier as they have to deal with the Duah to survive one way or another. The mare told the Cutie Mark Crusaders to keep quiet and follow her around to stay together.

Apple Bloom was holding a candle with her mouth while Rainbow is holding an ax somehow as the four snuck around the house for any sign of the Duah. Applejack's sister was looking around but she wasn't paying attention to what she herself was doing. This causes her to spill some hot wax from the candle right onto Rainbow's tail.

As expected, Rainbow screams in pain as she flew up in alarm then lands back onto the floor. The mare frowns as she saw what appears to be a wax hoof right on her tail. Apple Bloom chuckles as she removes the wax thing, saying, "Shucks, looks like a wax glove fer a tail 'ta me!"

"Knock it off!" Rainbow whispers as she slaps a hoof at the wax one, breaking the thing. "We got no time for this. That Duah is in the house and could strike at any given moment! Follow my lead."

The ponies got on all fours, slowly creeping around a place. Rainbow held up one hoof to communicate with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, telling them to stop. Too bad Apple Bloom didn't get the signal as she kept on crawling with her candle burning at the adult pony's tail once more.

As expected, Rainbow screams in alarm as she ends up chopping at the door with her ax. The mare, recovering, turns to Apple Bloom, red and hot as a tea kettle, showing how upset she is right now.

"Ugh! Never mind, I can do this myself!" Rainbow snaps as she grabs the candle from Apple Bloom. "You all hide while I handle that Duah. Go on, get going!"

The mare motions the Cutie Mark Crusaders to head off into hiding while Rainbow kicks right at Scootaloo, making her whine a bit. The Pegasus pony shushes her, "Hey, not so loud! Do you want to alert that Duah?!" Rainbow turns away for a moment, not noticing that she is holding the candle near the doorknob (don't ask me why ponies has them), causing it to become very, VERY hot, "Ugh, those silly ponies. Can't they do something right once in a while?"

Rainbow of course grabs the doorknob and screams in pain while yelling, "Whoa, hot, hot, HOT!!!"

-------------------------------------------

Rainbow sneaks around nervously, peeking in one of the doors. That Duah is around here somewhere, she just knows it! Unknown to the pony, the monster is flying in the rafters in the ceiling, ready to get his victims.

Rainbow then snuck past the room and flew around the corner...and right into Duah's arms, sending her right at his face. The mare looks horrified as she finds herself looking eye to eye with the Duah once more. Not good!

Rainbow's tail felt the Duah's teeth then taps her on the shoulder. She turns as the mare saw her tail pointing upward and south. The pony looks at the teeth...that is enough to get the signal across!

Rainbow screams and run into the living, closing the door. The Duah chases her and pulls the doorknob...causing him to rid the thing off the hinges and looking through the doorway. Unknown to him, Rainbow is holding onto the part of the door that ripped off with her life.

The Duah looks into the Rainbow shapes hole, growling as he puts the thing back...only for it to fall to the floor, exposing the mare. Rainbow gasps as she saw the Duah growling like mad. The pony flew off with the monster chasing her, breaking the whole door in the progress.

The Duah tries to grab Rainbow while chasing her in various ways on feet, claws, whatever but he always miss. The mare flew upstairs, swinging on the stairs' support beam with the monster doing the same thing, tearing the said beam's wood off during the mad chase.

Rainbow, flying upwards, saw a ladder and quickly put it near the stairs in time. As the Duah ran up them, he also flew up the ladder and right through the room's ceiling, causing him to go upward through a few floors of the place.

After Duah stops on the top floor, he growls and flew back down through the newly-made holes after Rainbow. She gasps upon seeing him coming and uses the ladder to make a run for it with the monster in pursuit once more. In the next room that has a step in it, the mare trips, breaking the ladder itself and turning them right into stilts.

Rainbow's stilts lands in a pair of boots as she kept on running while leaping over the table. The Duah flew over the same thing then grabs the stilts, sending his victim flying onto a table, sliding on it. Her pursuer just flew under the table and appears at the other end roaring.

Rainbow stops in time and closes the mouth, rushing the other way, causing the boards to fly off the table, landing right into the Duah's arms. The mare ran out of boards and finds herself clutching right between the table, trapped.

With a growl, the Duah broke all the boards with his claws then toss them away. He then proceeds to push one end of the table, preparing to crush Rainbow who groans, "Oh man! What a bad time for my friends to not be here. I'm supposed to be a brave one and I'm letting some creep scare me."

The Duah then bites at Rainbow who works hard to fend him off but she may not be able to do for long. The Cutie Mark Crusaders watch the action in worry. They got to save Rainbow but how?

Just then, another news bulletin came on the radio to give the fillies an answer, "We interrupt this program with yet another news bulletin! Newsflash! We have gotten word that the Duah may be subdued when under the influence of tear gas! So in order to subdue the Duah, use tear gas! That is all! Now back to our regularly scheduled program!"

The fillies look at each other, nodding as Sweetie asks, "Tear gas? Cool! Luckily, Apple Bloom got the tear gas from her brother Big Macintosh's room from his military days in case we ran into problems!"

"Right, come on, let's get it!" Scootaloo exclaims as the three girls rush off to get the tear gas in hopes to save Rainbow in time.

Rainbow gulps as the Duah push the table up to her neck now between the table. The pony groans, "Spare me, spare me!" She groans as she herself begins to pray, "Oh this is it. Goodbye, ponies, good bye fillies!"

Luckily for Rainbow, the Cutie Mark Crusaders has came back with the tear gas. Apple Bloom pull the pin off with her teeth and throw the thing into the room and right near the Duah. The creature looks puzzled then he begins to sniff it...then the Duah begins to sniff with water smelling up in his eyes in sadness.

"Amen!" Rainbow exclaims as if that is her final word. But then she heard sniffing, turning to see the Duah crying her eyes out. The pony smiles and laughs, "Oh, man! This is so awesome! I'm not going to die after all! I'm..."

Of course, Rainbow's joy was cut off and for a good reason: she smells the tear gas by mistake, causing her to start crying as well.

----------

A while later, the zookeepers arrived at the house after the Cutie Mark Crusaders reported the Duah, subdued and ready for captured. The zookeepers themselves are surprised to see the monster hugging Rainbow as both are crying. The girls explain what happened that the mare accidentally got exposed to the tear gas.

Rainbow took out a handkerchief and blows her snout into it before giving it to the Duah who gave out a loud blow from blowing into the thing. One thing's for sure: Rainbow isn't going to die today.

The End

A JusSonic Production

---------------

The crowd laughs and applauding for the cartoon, a job well done. But as they continue applauding and cheering, not one of them notices that Smaug's table is empty...or the fact that it's time for the villains to make their move at last.

Author's Note:

Poor Rainbow Dash, at least she survives the Duah. All right, in the next chapter, at last, the villains finally make their move and take over with a song called 'It's Our House Now!'. Read, review and suggest!

The Duah is a creature suggested to me by the same friend. The monster will appear in another future MLP fic.