• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 1,456 Views, 0 Comments

Legend of the Rainboom - WritersBlock



Once upon a time, Rainbow Dash read a book. She loved it so much, she read some more. She read and read and read, until one day she came across a story that seemed different to her. Something she could relate to. And so, she decided to write a book.

  • ...
 0
 1,456

Prologue

Foreword

The Pegasi are an old race, with a long and storied history. Their annals speak of great heroes such as Herculeaves, the first pony to ever face the dreaded Hydra and escape unscathed; and of the great warrior Achilles Heel, who infiltrated the invincible city of Trojan’s defences using a giant wooden statue of a monkey. Truly one of the greatest military maneuvers of all time.

Yet, as time went on, the history became legend, and legend became myth. The feats performed by the great Commander Hurricane, for instance, became naught but a fairy tale to be told on a cold Hearth’s Warming Eve to the little ones. The great history of the Pegasi, of which I admit I am no expert, is lost as myth. Perhaps it is best left that way, for when the truth is stranger than fiction, we sometimes like to pretend otherwise.

What you know hold in your hooves, dear reader, is perhaps the truth, as fantastic as it may seem. If it is, it will shock and astound you, for the truth can be hard to handle. However, if it is but a mere fairy tale, a figment of our imagination, I pray you will recall one very important truth. Legends often have basis in history; and those who forget the past, as they say, are doomed to repeat it.

With regards,
Writers Block