• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 737 Views, 3 Comments

The New Journey - Basmati



A strange gift causes 8 friends' lives to change forever.

  • ...
3
 3
 737

Chapter 2 *edited*

The friends all stared at the purple mare that stood in front of them, in disbelief - Adara and Skylar more amazed than any of them. Twilight smiled warmly at them, and raised her hoof for them to shake.

"Hello, my name is-"

"Twilight Sparkle," Adara said, nearly running towards her. She took her hoof and shook it vigorously, a huge smile on her face. "My name is Adara. Just Adara, really. And these are my friends - Skylar, Sophie, Effie, Heidi, Lacey, Liz and Garnet." Each of her friends took a step forward as they heard their names.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm sure you are very confused about why you are here, but don't worry, you will find out in time. I would explain now, but I must wait for Princess Celestia. However, if you would like to follow me, we can go inside and wait for her there," Twilight explained.

"Thanks," the 8 friends said at once. Twilight turned around and the others followed her. As they walked through the town, they drew the attention of many residents, as they had never been seen before by them.

Sophie walked next to Adara. "Well, I expect you're happy," she said.

"What do you mean?"

"This is probably the best birthday present you have ever gotten."

Adara laughed. Yes, it probably was.

***

Eventually, they reached the library. Twilight knocked on the door. "Girls, they're here."

Suddenly, a blur of pink burst through the door and grabbed Adara and her friends. They were pulled into the library, where they lay in a heap on the floor, surrounded by darkness.

"What's happen-" Effie said, looking around nervously.

The lights flicked on and a loud 'SURPRISE!!!!' filled the room. Adara's friends screamed as confetti filled the air around them.

A pink earth pony with a curly pink mane jumped in front of them shouting, "WELCOME TO EQUESTRIA!!!" The friends stared at her in shock, as she continued, "See, Twilight here told us you were coming, and I knew that you obviously haven't been here before and therefore you wouldn't really have any friends from here, and you were probably really scared because you guys are now ponies and you weren't before and you might be sad, because you aren't home. So I thought that we should cheer you up, and what's the best way to cheer someone up? Duh - a party! So I threw this together as soon as Twilight left to get you, - good thing I have my party cannon - and I got everyone to hide, and then we yelled out 'Surprise!' when you walked in, but you already know that because you were there then. Oh, and isn't someone's birthday too?"

Adara and her friends stood, not taking in what the pony just said, until Lacey said, "Oh, yeah. It's Dara's 16th today!"

The pink pony took in a deep breath and said, "Well, happy birthday to you! I'm so happy that we got to meet on your birthday- it means that we actually get to celebrate it together! I'm Pinkie Pie, by the way, and I love to PARTY!! Maybe we'll have even more parties together- of course we're gonna have more parties together. What am I saying? Anyway it's great to-"

"Whoa, hold yer horses there, sugar-cube. Don't wanna be givin 'em more than they can chew," a yellow and orange pony interrupted. She cocked her hat in their direction and said, "Howdy. I'm Applejack. It's nice to meet ya folks. I hope ya'll will enjoy yer time in Equestria.'

"Oh, yes. I do hope you will like it here. After all, Equestria is a wonderful place to live," a white unicorn with a purple mane added. "I'm Rarity, by the way. Pleasure to meet you all."

They waved at her and looked towards the pink pegasus standing behind everyone. Suddenly, she noticed the attention she was getting. "Oh no," she said, cowering.

"Oh, Fluttershy, don't worry. They won't bite you. They're friendly, I promise," Pinkie Pie said, crouching next to the scared mare.

"Oh, it's not that. I just don't like all the attention, you see. I'm sure they are very nice," she said, very lightly.

The newcomers' attention was broken by a rainbow-maned pegasus landing in front of Adara.

"Me, I am the one, the only Rainbow Dash - best flyer in all Equestria, probably the world. But anyway, enough about me. You're DJP0N3!" she said, looking at Adara.

"Oh, I wish. No, I just happen to look just like her. My coat's a different colour and the shade of blue is wrong, and my eyes... Also, no cutie mark," she replied, smiling, and showing Rainbow and the others her flank.

"Interesting," Twilight said, examining the flank. "Where you come from, there are no cutie marks, right?"

"Yes. There are no such things as cutie marks," Garnet said. This was the first thing she had spoken to the ponies. "Also, the ponies, or horses, don't talk, and they're not pink or orange or blue - they are brown or white or grey."

"Garnet..." Liz started

"No, don't interrupt me," she said. "I want to know why I'm here, how I got here, and when I can get home. I want to know how this world even exists and I want to know what is going on here. I want to know these things and I want to know them now."

All the ponies lowered their heads, ashamed that they weren't able to answer them, when a voice was heard from behind them.

"Well, I believe I have the answers you're searching for."

Everyone turned around to see Princess Celestia smiling at them.