• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 972 Views, 12 Comments

Portal to Equestria - 456456



The heartwarming tale of one man's journey to Equestria.

  • ...
12
 12
 972

Prologue

John was a simple man. He grew up on the streets without knowing his parents and was picked up by a rolling circus at seven years of age. On his twelfth birthday, he blew out all the candles from the top of a trapeze facing away from the cake by calculating the room’s wind currents in his head. It was then he realised he wanted to be an astrophysicist. The circus staff were more than happy to let their best performer leave to pursue some vague and unstated dream. He managed to escape from the clown pit at the age of fourteen.

He caught a train to the nearest city by bunking in an empty carriage. Finally, he was going to put his life into motion. After the university’s receptionist denied him entry, he concocted an elaborate plan to raid the corner store for M&Ms. While easing his mind, it did nothing for his career.

Back on the streets, and with a posse of angry clowns seeking his whereabouts, John managed to make a living in a part time job tending to animals at the local shelter. The owner had an antique 3D plasma TV in her office. It was here that John met Fluttershy.

Although the relationship with the pony was distinctly one-sided, he was inspired to join a band of ‘bronies’. Riding through town on trucks decked out with bubble artillery cannons, this renegade militia was backed by governments worldwide as a beacon of peace and stability. Funded by the UN, and in some ways surpassing them in capability, the bronies were able to give John a scholarship for university. Majoring in Physics with minors in Literature and Law, John became their best student.

The story takes place ten years later. John has earned his post-doctorate degree in quantum mechanics and the bronies have taken him on as the lucky first venturer into Equestria.