• Published 14th Oct 2013
  • 1,621 Views, 11 Comments

Story of the Blanks: Freedom of Souls - jxz



Apple Bloom must return to Sunny Town to defeat the curse that has been placed on it, with the help of her sister and her ghost friend... and this time, the world is at stake.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,621

Entering The Town

After an hour and forty five minutes(they wasted fifteen minutes going to the mares’ bathroom), the three ponies(and ghost) reached Sunny Town. The entry was unguarded, and Apple Bloom guessed it was because of the main entry to the road leading to that eldritch hole of Tartarus was guarded by Zecora. When Twilight tried to feel the inside of the “Town”, her magic didn’t react. The forest had put some kind of protective spell arroud the entire hole of Tartarus, in order for no pony to enter to it.

Of course, the curse was strong, and after some years, it found a way to the forest. To attract ponies.

That was the gate to Sunny Town.

“ok. Now, wha’s tha plan?” Applejack asked Twilight. “if they see us, we are zombie meat.”

“oh, don’t worry. i have everything planned.” Twilight said. “you can still make that impression of a Manehattanite, right Applejack?”

“ah reckon… I mean, I can, dear Twilight.” Applejack said, with the way of talking her aunt and uncle form the big apple(not pun intended) taught her. Apple Bloom tried her hardest not to laugh, and Ruby was speechless.

“right. Apple Bloom, can you do the same?” Twilight asked the filly.

“no, ah reckon ah can’t. Babs was gonna’ tell me how ta do it next reunion.”

“oh. Oh, well, it’s just a setback, but nothing to worry.” the alicorn said. “ok. This is an spell I learnt in order to hide myself from unwanted princess idols, and believe me, there’s A LOT of them in Canterlot.”

Preparing her horn, she encapsuled the three ponies in a cocoon of light, which was encapsulated by the sun rays, now almost in twilight. The cocoon glowed a bit more, and then it dissipated.

When Apple Bloom managed to see again, she didn’t see her sister and Twilight.

She saw two different ponies. both were Earth Ponies. The first one was bright pink, and her eyes were blue. Her mane was red, and didn’t have Cutie Mark. The other mare was a red mare. She had a classy white hat, but not too classy. her mane was a lemon shade of yellow, and was tied in braids, and no Cutie Mark either. She had the same face of surprise Apple Bloom had.

“wha-wha´tha’ hay happ’ned?!” the red mare said, with a voice Apple Bloom recognized.

“A-Applejack?!” the filly said.

“shh! Not so strong! The Blood Hooves could hear us!” the other pony -Twilight, both Apples thought- whispered. “this is a glamour spell. It will last fifteen minutes, so we must hurry. Applejack, talk as your uncles. Apple Bloom, we’ll communicate trough Ruby. Don’t say anything, and we’ll manage to find her body and end with all of this soon.”

“and… ya planned this since when? ” Applejack asked.

“since we entered this road. Now, let’s roll.” Twilight said, entering into the portal that separed Sunny Town of the real world. The two sisters looked at each other, and nodded.

That was it. The end would be now. Either they ended the damned curse… or disappear in the darkness of the curse forever.

Both sisters entered Sunny Town.



Yͬ̃͐ͯ̂̑̈ͬ̑̃͑̓̂͆̚̚͏͏̭̥̘̪̟̤̝͍̜̦̳̰̞̜̮o̰̲͓̝̥̰̳̝̪̼̩̪̠̻ͫ̆̒̃̓́͋͋ͨͩ͆͊͜ͅụ͕̩̜̟̭̪͈̙̓͑ͭ̐ͥ͒̉̉̃ͫ̉ͧͯ͘͜ͅ ̧ͬͧ̿͆̓ͫ̽͞͏̷̗̝͉̦̞̮̬̖̮̮̬̣͓̯S̷͈̥̜̪ͨͣ̈́ͩ̈ͮ̏̈͊́́͜͝ḩ̸̶͓͖̜̙̣̺̮̱̮̥̩̰͔̻̖̺͂ͤ͒ͯ̓̈ò̶̶̧̳͈̗̳̣̹͖̱͇̼̗̪̖̭̬͈̫͑ͯ̓͑̍̽̈̓̀ͩͩ͘ͅư̢͖̯̲̝̻̩͍̲̦͙̠̟͎̜͔̤͐̏͆͘͟͡l̢̡̤̤͈̙ͩ̊ͯͪ̋ͬ̓ͧ͝d̷̬͚̯͈̤̭͓͎̪̮̼̖̤̞̀͒̑ͨ̎͆̈́ͧ̽ͦͦ͝ ͌̓ͬ̊ͥ̄̐̿̎ͯ̇͐ͯͦ̎͏̴̬̳͕͈̗̗̤̬̣̝̣̪̣̙̦̥̩̳E̸ͭ͗̉̍ͥ͐̇̅̆͛̍ͥ̈́̚͘҉̟̭̠͙̖̼͉͚̯̣̲̰̜͈̠̻s̸̶̜̘̳̫̗̻̈ͬ͌̍͑ͮͯͮ̎̋͒̍͘c̢͓̭̺̹̠͖̻̪̤̮͕͕̪͚̃̓ͭ̃̎͑̉̈ͥ̀͘͢a̸̮̻̳̹̘̠̰̜͔̺ͩ͆́̐ͣͬ͑ͭͯ̒ͦͨͭ̀̚̕pͮ̊͊̊͑̓͆ͫ̎̈͂͌ͭ̋҉̮̤͕̪͉̰̞̞̣̙̭̟͟͞ȩ̧̢̻͔̙̬̥̙̮͇͕̲̦̈́̒̆ͤ̉͊̋ͮ͂͡͝.̷̨̛̥͙̲̲̟̻̠͉̤̜̘͓̳̙ͬ͗̂ͣ͜.̧̥̞͎͉͉ͤ̋̓̆̅̿ͧ͋̄̎̌̏̀ͬ̄ͨ̀̀͟͡ͅ.̯̼̫͕̣̫̹̖̻̻̠̟̱̼̼͇͇̥̖̑̋ͩ̿̎͐ͬ͌ͪ̄ͬ̓̓͑͡͞ ͥ̽̒̓̊̐̎̈́͐̚̚͞͞͏̘̙̜͖̮̫̯̺̲̤̳̱̪̖͉̞͠ͅȚ̵̛̹̘̯̥̘̫̺̲͎̯̻̆ͣͩ̋̔̊̓ͦͨ̔̾ͯͭ͐̒͘͝ͅh̴̶̠̖̭̬͚͉̦̱̉ͯ̎̐̌̊ͯ̈́̑ͭ͌͗̓ͧ̆̿ͩ͗͘͜͡ͅẹ̵̛͎͔̯̗̬ͧͥ̃̉̐̔̆̈ͨ̃̾͢͠r̴͈̱͉̺̥̼̭̰̓̉͊̈̉̃͜͜͡ĕ̵̡͔͔̯̗͓̗̺̯͉̑̎̒̿̅̒͊̄͌̓̾͗̐̊̔ͩͤ̃͘͝'̶̢͓͎̖̗̟̘̣̪̗̦̱͇̪̮͈͊ͧ͋̾ͣͤ̅̑̎̂̈́͝͠s̴̯̺̱͉̩̟͈̗̖͈̲̰͕͎̙̘͗͗̍̇́͑̌ ̷̨͈̪̺̹̣̝̥̻̝͈̻͚̬̹̪̠̩̺̒̋͛̓̈̿̇ͯͧ̿ͫ͒̄ͮ̈́͜͞͡n̐͆̑ͫ͏̩̫̬͇͓̜̖͓͚̩̬̪̳͜ǫ͛̄͐ͩ҉̯̝̫̜͈͇̘̼̝̜͕͈̕ ͯ̀̀ͣ̾͋ͨͫ͂͌̓̈́ͫ͏̲͖͚̭Ḧ̪̱̼̲̩̯̗̳͔̯͖̼͇͇͔ͩ͂͋̐ͬ̈̊͘͟͡ŏ̷̸̡̜̹̖̖̫͔̖̟̟͇̝̘̝̱̩̟̜̭̊̇̾ͣͩͤ̑͛̋ͬ͗ͥͥp͓̤̫͎̱̯̗̦̹̘͈͈̗͕̮̼̰͍ͫ͊̏͐ͪ́e̖̳̗̯͖̯̪̳ͫ͋̒ͫ̀̒̿̊͠͠.̢̛̗̞̻͙͍̍̿͛ͦͦ̈́͒̉̐͗ͬ̊͆͡.̵̧̳̩͎̝͎̦̣ͪ̂͆ͥͤͥ̇ͨͧͫ͐͊̉ͧ̊͘ͅ.̶ͭ͊͒ͤ͗̄̃͆ͤ͑ͪ̓́͆̑̚͝҉̖̟̬̳͍͈͙͙̯̼͉̙̯ ̷̡̛̙̝͓͓̱̭͖͇̼͈ͫͨ͑͒ͣ̒͆ͬ̿ͭ̎̒̉̉ͯ̕Ỹ̴̺͖̩͖̰̬̭̰͖͐͑ͧ͛ͮ͑͆͗ͥ̎o̰̟̼̤͔̝͍̥͐̓͋̿̽͑ͫͦ͜͡ų̸̴̎̄͒̄̽̈́ͧ̔ͭ́ͮ͏̵͍͇̙̦ ̨ͣͥ̃̉ͬͣ͂ͦ̐ͭ̆ͤͪ̾ͦͫͫͥ̊҉͇̩̺͉̭̪͉̺̹͕̹͖̝ͅW͉͎̠̺̯ͩͪ͌̀̅ͥ̊̽̄̀̈̋͆͝͠͠i̢̧̛͚̙̻̼̘̬̭̞̹̟̯͓̬͂̎̎͊͒ͬͨ͊͋ͭͫ̊̂͋̿̇͘ͅļ̷̵͙̥̮͇͚̟̣͛̃̀̀ͪͥͥ͗͛̂̈́̑̍͒ͫͦ̐̈͂̕̕lͫ͑̀̈͂͛̚҉̡̩̠̳̝͕ ͂͋͂ͧͯͤ̌̀҉̨̞̺̰͖͔͔̞̥͎͜Ḑ̨̹̳̟̳͍̻͍̭͓̻̪̥͕̯͋̈̃͟͝I̡̖̺͖̘͖̦͙̭̦̭̭̮̤͈̠ͦ͋̐ͤͧ̍̑͗͂ͦ̓ͩ̋ͫͤ̃̃ͯͬ̀Ëͥ̌̈ͨ̋̾̾͂̆̎̿̐͋̿͗͏̷̩͎̥̖̻̟̣̮͚͎̘͝!̴̮͔̦͎̦̗̗̮̙͚̥̰͖̟̄̒̂̑͊̓̌ͨ͋̿͑̅͛̿͜͜ͅ

“Welcome to Sunny TowN!”

The three mares turned around, and saw a grey stallion, with black/grey mane. Applejack remembered him from her short time in the town, but Apple Bloom knew what would he do. “how did you come Here? We Don’t Have visiTors Usually.”

Twilight cleared her throat. “good… afternoon, sir. I’m Sparkly. Me,my friend and her sister were going to Ponyville, but we got lost.”she sounded scared, and, in a sense, she was. But she was also putting a show in order for the zombie not to kill them.

“oh, I See. And Who are you?” Grey Hoof asked the Apple sisters.

“oh, my. I forgot to introduct myself, didn’t i? sorry for that, gentlestallion.” Applejack said. In Apple Bloom’s mind, Ruby was laughing at top of her nonexistent lungs. “my name is Mapple Jaqueline. My sister is called Mapple Blossom. The poor darling is mute, sadly.”

“just for now, son of a Changelling.” Apple Blom thought, hiding behind her sister, to make an impression of a really scared filly.

“oh, poor sweetie. But you Know what’S ThE best medicine?” Grey Hoof looked at Apple Bloom, though not at her eyes. “A PARTY!" the way he said that reminded them of Pinkie Pie, but ten times more creepy and with the added effect of wanting to kill the stallion(of course, being a zombie and all, it wouldn't have worked). "In fact, we are pReparing ourselves for One right Now. Do You want to ComE?”

“u.huuh..uh.” Apple Bloom said, mimicking the way in how a mute friend she had “talked”.

“she’s saying she would love to stay here. The sun is setting down, and, to be frankly fair, this forest is really scary. I can’t even imagine how would it be at night.” Applejack said, knowing that the stallion in front of them was scarier than them.

“oh, RighT! Hope You like It!” Grey Hoof said, and ran to a close table, where he had a good-looking cake. It looked really good, and Twilight wanted to bite it. However, she saw Apple Bloom, who shook her head.

“concentrate, Twilight. We need to find Roneo and Starlet, then we can enter the room where mom is.” Ruby said. The unicorn nodded, and walked to the closest house, the one where cries were heard. Those tears were from Mitta, Ruby’s mother. Applejack could hear the cries of the undead mare as they got close to the house.

Applejack had heard those cries before. The night when their parents…

She shook her head. Now it wasn’t the time to cry for the past. Now they had to find that ruby, for the sake of Equestria!

… after thinking that, the thought that those were the weirdest thoughts she had placed together.

“oh, you three! coME heRe, plEASe! I need Help!” Roneo called the three ponies, as soon as he saw them. The girls reached him, with faces that showed confusion, but minds that were alert.

“uh, yes, sir?” Twilight said.

“thank the Founders somepony’s here!” Roneo exclaimed, and, for some reason, it sounded… sincere. Not like Grey Hoof’s pretensions for a party, but… real sincere.

“uh, and if I may ask, why?” Applejack asked.

“well… I nEED Help with sOmethIng.” The stallion said, his voice returning to the corrupted way of talking. “I LosT SomeTHing I Would Give to My MarefRiend, and I Can’T FIND it!”

“oh. And what is it?” Twilight asked.

“a RUBYYY!” Roneo said, in a way that sent chills to Ruby’s unexistant spine. Of course, Apple Bloom felt it too. That triggered a few memories, when Ruby was…

“not now, Ruby. if he feels something , we are dead.” Apple Bloom thought to the Ghost “possesing” her. That was enough for the ethereal pony to be calmed, At least for now.

“I wAS in that place, and I lOSt it!” Roneo exclaimed. From what the girls knew about him, he may had lost a lost more than it. “caN You HelP ME?”

Apple Bloom nodded, still “acting” scared. The acting part was because some of the images of Ruby’s death were really graphic. And as a ghost, Ruby could feel them every time they appeared in her mind. Obviously, that hurt Apple Bloom.

“thanKS! Can You Go looking there? I feel you may find something there.” Roneo said.

Again, with that normal voice. For some reason, he sounded sincere, contraire to how he sounded when he said he lost the ruby.

“uh-uh.” Apple Bloom said. “uh-uh…uh.”

“dear Mapple Blossom said we will go there.” Applejack said.

“thanks! My rElatIoN, no, my life is in danger!” he said, and returned to guard the door house.

After he left, Apple Bloom talked, via Ruby. “this was really weird. I felt something when he talked normally. Did you-”

“felt it? Yes, ah did.” Applejack whispered. “An’ you, Twi?”

“me too. There must be something different with them, if you didn’t feel that before.” Twilight said.

“they weren’t like that, even when I was alive.” Ruby said. “there must have something to do with the Blood Moon.”

“then we must hurry up. If they are panning something, we don’t want to stay here.” Twilight said.

“and neither you nEEd to.” Another new voice was heard. This time, though, the voice was not… alive. “we haven’t seen in a FeW Days, right… what was your name?… Apple BlOOm?”

Author's Note:

oh crap! who could it be?! Grey Hoof? another zombie? FAUST?!

... well, maybe not Faust, but you get the point. next chapter, the plot thickens... and sometimes i hate this fandom for the usage of that words.