• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 210 Views, 1 Comments

out from citeydell - indirectusername



a survivor of a terrible night gets to ponyville only to find his old enemy has followed

  • ...
6
 1
 210

off the train

The train carriage in question is empty save one cloaked figure staring out the window, lost in his thoughts. The pale orange coat reflects the noon sun as his light brown main fluffs in the slight breeze.
"It has been a month," he thinks to himself “one month since Citeydell burned to the ground. I can't believe it; I still can recall it like it was yesterday. The fires and panic the screaming and of course, my family..."

he slowly closed his eyes and trailed off into thought for a minute but immediately shot his eyes open again and slightly spoke the out loud
"no, I got to try and forget, I need to leave Citeydell behind me now. It’s too painful to recall."

The train pulled slowly to a stop and he disembarked into this strange new town. Curious of where he got off at he looked for a notification of where he was, finally his searching eyes found a schedule with departures listing all as Ponyville
"hmm ponyville..." he carried in is tone.

It was a great place to start anew also the last town before the train reached Canterlot, so this was to be his final destination. He pulled his crimson red cloak and quickly rubbed against his trusty shield and left the station. He was tired having not slept in so long due to nightmares and hungry from only having so many bits and spending frugally, and a train tickets were of a priority in his need to flee.

His last full meal had been two days ago and his stomach had been in need of food. he felt around in his bag and pulled out what few bits he had; it only added up to four bits in total, hardly enough for food not nearly enough for a hotel room.

With the knowledge of how broke he was and the growing pain in hunger it was decided that the last bit of money was going to feed him for the night. He trotted into the main roadway of ponyville and took in the rustic feel. He noticed he was getting a lot of strange looks from ponies as he moved. Of course he knew it must be quite a sight to see a tall unicorn carrying a shield and who clearly hadn't bathed in a bit. And a dirty red cloak draped over his head just barely hiding the bright orange eyes. He stopped pondering this when his stomach roared. Knowing his budget he walked into a bakery named Sugar cube Corner.

When he walked in he gazed around the room and marveled at the delicious baked goods his eyes widened and his mouth watered chocolate sounded delicious he approached the counter and from the corner of the store "oh... one second sir!" he turned to see a pink pony sitting at a table with five other ponies.

It was only a second before the pink pony zoomed up in front of him;
"I’m sorry I had a royal guest to tend to" she chimed out in a happy tone

Then a purple mare rang out in a tone of embarrassment.
"Pinkie Pie!"
"Um,'' stuttered the stranger "I’m sorry I’m just a bit hungry"
"Oh well, what can I getcha?" the pink mare sang out
"I-what do you got that's chocolate, and cheap?"
"Oh spending budget I getcha" she rolled out and leaped behind the counter and brought up one by one in a chain while saying the names of each delicious dessert" I have chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Chocolate pudding...."

She carried on a long list pilling each dish on the counter the stallions’ eyes began to get wide as the wall of sweets formed in front of him his stomach roared and drew attention from the five in the corner. He didn't fully care about drawing attention. He was lost in the sight of delicious food before him. But the pink pony snapped him back into reality. “so what will it be good sir?"
"Oh I’m sorry I kind of spaced out"
"Oh its fine I spaced out too sometimes when I look at such deliciousness, hey wait a second you're...you're not familiar"

She leaned in closer to inspect the stallions face, he cringed back a little hoping to not be target of a lynch mob.
"I got it! You’re new around her!" she shouted out in glee
"Um yeah I got off the train not so long ago." he said turning shyly to the side
"Well aren't you lucky to have come here my names Pinkie pie and that over there is princess Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Flutter shy."

All the ponies in the corner each said hello
"why don't you come and join us for lunch" said the purple unicorn.
Nervously the cloaked unicorn accepted and sat with the rest.
When he took his seat he realized that the one who invited him over actually was a princess when he spotted the wings. He looked at her and with a nervous jolt
"oh um I uhh I didn't realize you... I mean I didn't mind too much when...I’m sorry your majesty."
"Ha-ha it’s okay, you can call me twilight"
"My names shield, shield slider."
"Well shield, I think I speak for all of when I say welcome to ponyville"
"I... umm, thanks. You’re all very kind"
"So where ya'll from shield?" the orange mare had perked up and asked him the question
"From...uh...far away" shield pushed out the question and sank back in his seat
"Ha-ha I think applejack was trying to ask what town?" The blue Pegasus turned to shield and said with a smirk.

The stallion remained quiet even when pinkie pie came over and dropped a chocolate cupcake in front of him.
"Um, you okay there partner?" applejack asked
"Yeah I’m fine..."

The mare looked him over as he bit into the cupcake. This new stallion was hiding something, and this lunch was going to be interesting.

Author's Note:

it's a working progress. i am aware it's not taken off right now but it should pick up in the next chapter, i'll have it ready in no time flat.