• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 688 Views, 40 Comments

The Knife that broke Discord's back - TwilightRealm919



Set 100 years in the future, six young ponies rush to midnight aid of Discord and find in themselves what they never could have thought to be true, they are the new Elements of Harmony!

  • ...
10
 40
 688

The Night That Changed Us Forever

Comet Tail

"In an hour, your life will change FOREVER!!!" The nightmarish voice shouts as I stand in a panicked state of nothingness. This nightmare seems to be trying to tell me something. I don't know what though, but I'm getting close to understanding how my life will change. I can sense other ponies seeing the same night terror, writhing in tiring fear. Five other ponies of various occupations, crying out for it to stop, for the pain to finally stop. Then I see what will make my life change: Discord.

"Ahhhh!!!" I wake up in my bed, in the center of a rat's net of tangled sheets and blankets. My personal bodyguards, Tempest and Maelstrom, run into my room. Tempest and Maelstrom are orphan twins who Twilight found by a roadside one stormy night near Ponyville. They are both dark-grey with a hue of beige for their eyes. They are the youngest royal guards on the force. They have guarded me since I started my studies with Princess Twilight. I was three years old when I started my studies, but of course I didn't perform more than basic spells before the age of six. The practice with the basics for three years did certainly help.

"What's wrong, is somepony attacking you?" They we're charging up a dual magic laser. They always jump to conclusions way to quickly. Since they are so young, they often throw caution and reason to the wind when they feel that I may be in danger.

"No, no...It was just a really bad nightmare, I'll be fine." They stare fearfully at each other as I tell them what I saw in my dream.

"We need to go see Princess Twilight. Come on, Comet." Tempest grabs my blankets and pulls them off me. They nod at one another and point a magic key spell at a key hole next to bed. It makes a clicking noise and an alarm sounds. I have always wondered what that lock was for and it seems I'm about to find out. I glance over at the grandfather clock in the corridor to Twilight's studying quarters, it's 9:57. I've only been sleeping about a half hour and I sure feel like it. I feel strangely alert for only having slept a whole of thirty-six minutes as if I knew something bad was about to happen.

This hallway seems to have gotten a lot larger and longer, but maybe that's because I'm trying to anticipate what in the hay is going on. I don't exactly know if this is just my twin bodyguards' overactive imaginations again or if this may be that I'm in a terrible amount of danger.

We finally reach Twilight's study and she stares at Tempest and Maelstrom rather confusedly. "What was the emergency alarm sounded for!?" She tried to avoid my gaze and I can see why. She seems to be all wrinkled as if she hadn't slept well in weeks and her voice was very hoarse as if she was coming down with Laryngitis, but not in a natural way.

"We're sorry Princess, but we fear the prophecy may come true: Tonight." She gazes down at me and looks at me deeply. She is my teacher, my mother, and my best friend and I love her because she is my adoptive mother, but tonight she seems very changed as if she doesn't remember me as her most loved student and her adopted son. I truly feel as if my nightmare has come true already.

"Discord, if you can hear me teleport in here, we must speak immediately." She paces back and forth hurriedly as she waits for him to either teleport in or for something else to happen. Discord heard everything that went on in these hollow halls because his ears defied all odds. Then as if out of oblivion I hear my best friend's first scream of terror:

"Ahhhhhh!!!!" It echoed throughout all of Canterlot and I rush out of the room, the only thing that I'm thinking being that my best friend being in trouble and that he needs help. I slow my sprint through the corridor as my horn starts to go nuts, magic rushing to my horn as it sends a signal spell high into the sky above Canterlot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starhunter

"What the hay...." A wail of pain and a star blue signal spell echoing through the Canterlot streets as I open my eyes. I can see it coming from a balcony not far from the throne room and I gasp. "Luna...Oh no." I let go of my emotion and fly out of my room, rushing towards the signal's position of exit.

My duties as a astronomer for the Royal Observatory gives me access to the castle, just in case I need to speak to Luna. My heart is pounding as I zoom over to the balcony from which the signal was sent. I can't believe what I'm seeing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------