• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 688 Views, 40 Comments

The Knife that broke Discord's back - TwilightRealm919



Set 100 years in the future, six young ponies rush to midnight aid of Discord and find in themselves what they never could have thought to be true, they are the new Elements of Harmony!

  • ...
10
 40
 688

Prologue: Berry Icicle

"Berry Icicle, what's wrong?" I hear a familiar voice chime this concerned message. My best friend, Yew Leaf, trots towards me merrily and sits down next to me on the wet park bench. The park has been our meet-up spot since we we're old enough to go by ourselves. It was late afternoon and he stared into my distant eyes wondering if I'd tell him or not, but its hard to say no to those prying, soul darkening brown eyes.

"A new guy in town tried talking to me and I made him cry by not talking back." I start to tear up at the thought that I made someone cry. I like to be loving, but its hard for me to get to know people. Yew Leaf and me have been friend's since foalhood and he's easy to talk to about silly stuff like this.

"You know, you could have tried talking to him. Thesaurus seems like a nice guy, give him a chance. He's brand new to the Canterlot suburbs" I see the new guy walk past and he starts to tear up again, but I gallop swiftly over to him. He is tall, dark blue, and slimly set. His cutie mark is a dictionary with a scroll rested on top. He is the resident bookworm.

I give him a shyly kind stare. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry and I'm deeply apologetic for not talking to you, I know it must be hard to be the new guy in town. Sorry." He glances up and smiles. He has forest-like dark green eyes and they are making me feel uplifted.

"Thanks, Its nice to know somepony cares." He trots away, seemingly feeling better. I smirk at him glancing back, those green eyes burting with a well of happy thoughts. He smiles back and gallops out of view.

I sit back down next to Yew Leaf. "There don't you feel better, Icy?" He inquires with those curious brown eyes. They seem to lighten or darken by a hue when he changes in mood.

"Yep, but I gotta go, Bye Yew, see you tomorrow I guess." I fly away, flapping my wings, assured that today I made someone else very, very happy.