• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 739 Views, 1 Comments

Cutie Mark Charity - Such A Chlorbag



The Mane Six hold a charity for Ponyville, but an attack close to home complicates the matter.

  • ...
2
 1
 739

Morning



Spike opened his eyes as a ray of light crept in through the window. While emitting a large dragon yawn, he sat up in his small bed to look into Twilight Sparkle’s.

“Twilight?” he called. When no response was made, Spike sighed and began to rise from his bed. “Guess I should make her breakfast,” he mumbled to himself. Upon getting up, however, he noticed that Twilight wasn’t in her bed.

“Huh, that’s weird…” Spike mentioned. It wasn’t like Twilight to be up before he was. As he walked down the stairs to the main lobby, Spike called out to her. “Twilight!” he yelled, but still there was no reply. I hope she's okay he thought to himself as he began to walk through the large tree in which they lived. When he still couldn’t find her, Spike ran out the front door and brought his hands up to his mouth.

“Twilight!” he shouted into the air.

“I’m over here, Spike,” said a voice from behind. Spike turned and walked around the bend of the library. When he finally caught sight of his friend, he was surprised at what he saw. Twilight had four bull’s-eyes propped up and sitting in a row. She was standing a few feet away from them with a basket of rocks at her side. Spike stood in silence as he watched her use her unicorn magic to lift up a rock and toss it at one of the targets. When it hit one right in the center, Twilight made an accomplished huff.

“Twilight…” Spike began, “what are you doing?” He walked closer to her and she took her eyes off of the targets for the first time.

“Well Spike,” Twilight said matter-of-factly, “after what we had to deal with at Fiesta Flair’s party, I’ve decided to take matters into my own hooves!” She grinned enthusiastically at her helper, who merely raised an eyebrow.

“What you had to deal with?” he asked. “What do you mean by that?”

Twilight turned back to the targets and continued to fire rocks at them. “Remember when I told you how we were attacked at Fiesta Flair’s party?” she inquired, to which Spike nodded and hummed affirmatively. “Well that night Rarity and I had to use our magic to defend ourselves, and to be honest… it didn’t work as well as we’d hoped.”

“How so?” asked Spike.

“We weren’t strong enough,” said Twilight. “We tried to bind one of them but we could only hold him for a few minutes. If it wasn’t for Applejack, he would’ve been set free. Not to mention the bar stool I picked up and threw at him. I nearly missed!”

Spike put a claw to his chin. “So... now you’re working on your combat skills?”

Exactly!” Twilight cheered as she tossed another rock. Bull’s-eye.

With excitement in his voice, Spike said “Wow, you’re pretty good at that Twilight!”

Twilight smiled with a slight blush in her cheeks. “Thanks Spike. I’ve been working on it for about an hour now. I can hit the two in the middle pretty well, but I’m a little rusty with the two on the outside.”

Spike walked up to her basket and placed a stone in his hand. While tossing it up and down in his palm, he said “Well, I’m sure you’ll be able to do it eventually. You’re always pretty quick with that magic stuff.” Twilight smiled at the compliment. “But Twilight, do you think you’ll actually have to use these kind of moves?”

Twilight sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. “Also during that night, Fiesta mentioned that our relation with the Elements of Harmony has been getting out. I’m afraid that other ponies might want to use us in order to get access to the Elements.” She opened her eyes back up and looked down at Spike. “So that’s why we’ve got to do all we can to make sure that doesn’t happen!”

Spike stopped playing with the stone and set it back down in the basket. “Hopefully that doesn’t happen… but I guess they’re in good hooves.” He turned around and began to head back towards the front door. “I’m gonna go make us breakfast!” Spike shouted back to Twilight, who was already busy with target practice once more.

On his way back, Spike noticed Fluttershy walking in the opposite direction. They exchanged casual greetings and continued on their respective ways. As she walked by Twilight target practicing, Fluttershy stopped in her path to go talk to her friend.

“Hello, Twilight,” Fluttershy said. “How are you doing this morning?”

Twilight maintained a tight gaze on the far left target and furrowed her brow in concentration. The aura of magic around the rock she had grew in size and intensity, then in half a second it was gone. The target she was aiming at was quickly shattered with even the stand being sent flying backwards.

“Oh…my,” Fluttershy said in a frightened manner.

Feeling content, Twilight finally turned to her friend. “Hello Fluttershy. I’m feeling great, now that you mention it. How are you feeling?”

“Oh-well… confused. At least… I am now,” Fluttershy replied. “What are you doing?”

Twilight reiterated her story to Fluttershy, who completely understood. “That’s probably for the best, Twilight. I know I wouldn’t be able to help in something like that.”

“Don’t sell yourself short, Fluttershy,” said Twilight. “I’m sure when the time comes you’d be able to defend us just fine.”

Fluttershy sighed. “Oh my, no. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are more the fighting type. Not…not me. I have a hard time just talking to a new pony, let alone attack one.”

Twilight giggled and sarcastically said “Well, maybe you’ll get lucky and have to fight a pony you know.” When Fluttershy didn’t laugh, Twilight quickly changed the subject. “So, uh, Fluttershy, what brings you out here?”

Fluttershy broke a smile and straightened her posture. “Well, actually, I was on my way to Rarity’s house. She said she needed help with something regarding fashion, and that I was the only pony she could count on.”

“Sounds like fun,” Twilight said. “So you can look the part and act the part then?”

Fluttershy shook her head. “Oh I’m much less talented than Rarity. She was born for it. But it is something I enjoy when I’m not taking care of the animals.” She eagerly took a step closer to Twilight. “Would you like to come?”

Now it was Twilight’s turn to shake her head. “I’d love to, but Applejack’s asked me to help her out at the farm.”

“Oh, I see,” replied Fluttershy. “Well, if you don’t mind, I should probably be going now. It was very nice talking to you, Twilight.”

Twilight smiled. “It was nice talking to you too, Fluttershy. See you later.”

As Fluttershy walked away from Twilight, she could hear from behind her the sound of three wooden objects being broken. She grinned and continued on her way.