• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 1,040 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Countries: Magic of the Stars - BlondeSky



The countries have awoken in a strange world inhabited by candy colored ponies and find that they're ponies themselves. How did they get there, why are they there, and can they get back? (This is a Hetalia and MLP crossover story)

  • ...
5
 4
 1,040

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A pure white mare stood before them as the blindingly ferocious light faded. She looked just the same as her statue, but her vibrant colors stood out against the cold grey surroundings. Her coat shone radiantly in the moonlight’s rays even if none of them could be seen that far down in the chasm. She looked weary and dazed as her startling blue eyes searched the group in front of her. Now that she was flesh and bone the armor she wore could be seen to be gold and different colored jewels adorned it. Her mane tail flowed like pitch black voids in the suddenly colorful environment. She stumbled forward slightly, clearly drained, before righting herself. As she did she seemed to really realize what was going on. Her eyes became wide with surprise before narrowing in suspicion. “Who are you that stand before me?” she questioned in a tone that didn’t sound quite as sure as her words. When none responded she repeated herself, “I demand to be told who it is that stands before me.” she commanded sounding significantly more confident as she gained her bearings. Her gaze, tone, and battle armor only increased the formidability of the already daunting mare.

“Miss… um… there’s quite a few of us to introduce, but-” Astro began before being cut off.

“Then I shall be content in knowing your name since you stand before the rest of your brethren.” the mare interrupted stepping off of the dais on which her statue had been standing and directing the statement at Spot. Astro moved to stand next to him, but the mare then turned on her, “You may stand right where you are.” She halted and tried to catch her friend’s eyes, but they were riveted to the arduous mare. “Now, what is your title, pegasus?” she interrogated satisfied with her control over the situation.

“Spot Light.” he answered carefully and appearing calm as ever even if he felt rather different. The mare who had started to pace about before him stumbled and cursed under her breath.

“What have you done to cause my disorientation?” she questioned, “Do not think that it shall stop me from protecting myself should any of you try anything.” she added shooting a glare towards all of them.

“None of us caused it-”

“Then would you care to explain it?” she asked in a warning tone.

“It might have come from the whole statue thing.” he offered not entirely sure what the answer to her question was.

“Statue? I see no statues anywhere in the vicinity. I do not wish to be lied to Spot Light. Consider your answers before you speak.” she argued glaring. All of his companions looked on in fright unsure of how to help without getting them in even more trouble.

“I mean when we came down here you were a statue, but then we freed you. I don’t think turning to and from stone is the easiest thing in the world.” he replied.

“That is completely preposterous! If I were a statue then how would I live and breathe and speak?” she retorted.

“I promise it’s the truth. We came all the way down and we found a statue of your likeness here. It was on that dais with the music notes carved into it. Whenever someone spoke, it… you would respond. I saw the music notes and sang to you and you joined in and to say the least it was quite the duet.” he told her with a small hopeful grin at the end.

She stumbled again and let out a small grunt as she held a hoof up to her head in what appeared to be pain. All of the other ponies watched in confusion as she tensed clearly in a definite state of infinite concentration. None of them knew how to react to the sudden development. She rose after a few moments her eyes glistening with sadness and her eyes wide as saucers. “I… I remember. I remember everything.” she mumbled more to herself, but all could hear it. “There was that horrible silence and I-I couldn’t even cry out and I was all alone, but then I felt this presence. I reached out and as I thought I could remember.”

“Remember what?” Spot prompted carefully.

“The manticore from all of those years ago, my friends falling into a trap all because I wasn’t strong enough to help, that horrible greyness choking the life out of all of them and I didn’t know how to stop it, but not too long after we escaped it we only ended up separated.” she mumbled still just loud enough for them to hear. She was clearly in pain from remembering these things. She had dropped the air of status and confidence around her as she recalled the different memories. They all were shocked as they realized that what they had been seeing had come from her own memories.

“Ink spurting flowers?” America asked a little bewildered as to what that had come from.

“That was a very interesting day for sure.” she replied simply with the smallest of smiles jerking at her lips. She pulled herself to up to her full height with great difficulty as she tried to collect herself. “It is still fuzzy, but I can remember pieces of it, if not details. I do remember your song, yes. I also remember how I found myself down in this dreadful place.” she informed them as she spoke with the same regal tone from before. “I am the whole reason this abyss exists. I had led my ponies well, but they were still being persecuted. I had to do something before full on war broke out as they grew ever more impatient. Then, in the night, they came and ambushed the palace. Unfortunately for them that is when my subjects are their strongest. In order to prevent the two sides from annihilating each other I had to act quickly. I opened a rift, not just in the ground, but between worlds, and took my subjects through. I hoped that in this new world they might find solace, but I never was able to see. All of my power had been drained and then more. This armor that I wear was imbued with magical power and I had to take all of it to perform this spell, but even that was not enough. I had stolen so much from them that they were destroyed. I used my last ounce of energy to leave a path to myself, but I was unable to finish it before my power was completely gone. When a magical artifact is robbed of its power it turns to stone. My armor had been consumed before I could remove it and it took myself with it. I would assume that I’ve been down here ever since.”

Astro took a step toward her and gulped silently, “Miss, who are your subjects?”

The mare gave her a confused glance, “You do not know? I would believe that you would know seeing as you are one of them. I am Light, Queen of the Stars, and the star ponies, such as yourself, are my subjects.”

Author's Note:

Same question as two chapters ago, big reveal or not so much?

^_^ Thanks, BlondeSky