• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,501 Views, 26 Comments

Stick Up Artists - A Pony Typewriter



After cleaning Floyd's apartment of his remain and Debra's, Michael and Trevor drove to the Grand Senora Desert to bury the bodies, there they were taken. Now they'll have to fund they're way back.

  • ...
4
 26
 1,501

Hunt and Gather

Frozen North, Equestria

Trevor's truck sped across the remaining distance between the bitter cold,of the snowy wasteland, and the mysterious settlement that he decided to visit. As they got closer, it got warmer, the wind and snow stopped hammering their body with cold and the ground started to change, green grass started to dominate the soil instead of snow. The red Canis Badhi, along with its two occupant, had finally reach the gate to the Crystal Empire.

"Stop. Stop the truck !" shouted Michael.

"What ?! What is it ?!" asked Trevor.

The truck halted, nearby two tall crystals, on one of the crystal top edge, like a waving flag were clothes, their clothes,

"Trevor help me with this!" said Michael.

Trevor too exit the red pick up to aid Michael in retrieving their clothes, first let Michael sat on his shoulder, but it didn't work, then he let Michael stood on his shoulder while Michael reach for their clothes, it didn't work either. Realizing they needed a higher surface to reach their clothes, Trevor went back to his Badhi and move it closer to the towering crystal, he then climbed on top of the hood, Michael soon followed and he was given another boost to reach for their clothes, this time the plan worked.

Both men put on their respective clothing, Michael with his grey suit pants and white shirt, the only thing missing was his suit jacket, and Trevor wore his dirty sweat soaked, sand covered, plain white T-shirt along with his equally dirty pants. They enter the truck and continued their approach to the empire.

*** *** ***

The train station was now packed with ponies of all color and species, all came to either watch or help the guards on the rescue effort, but the element bearer were searching among wreck for somepony they left, well technically she got left behind. With a swift and powerful buck from Applejack, a train car door fell off its hinges.

"Fluttershy ye here ?" asked Applejack.

But there was no answer, the five mares began walking into the car, it's interior were a mess, pillows, blankets, shards of glass, and baggage strewn across the interior, but their yellow pegasus friend wasn't among them. Applejack, Rainbow , Pinkie, Rarity and Twilight began searching, flipping service carts, mattresses, and bags, still their Fluttershy is no where to be found. Another powerful buck, this time from Rainbow Dash, and another door fell open, making passage to the another wreckage, they search the inside.

"Fluttershy where are you ?" called Rainbow Dash.

Rarity lifted a sheet of blanket, and a pink tail was stuck on an overturned mattress, piled below some wooden planks and other debris, she called her friends attention, immediately they all remove the debris on top and found their butter yellow pegasus, lying and unmoving on the floor of the car with scrape and a little gash on her forehead. A gasp came Pinkie, and Rarity just fell on the floor, the remaining mares just stood and stared in disbelief, expecting the worse, that Fluttershy was gone. Twilight was first to react, she put her ear to Fluttershy's chest.

"Is she ?" said Applejack.

There was silence for a moment, until a beat reached Twilight ear.

"She's still alive girls," confirmed Twilight.

There was a sigh of relieve from all of them, seeing that Fluttershy was in need of a medical attention, Twilight called the guards that was assigned to the rescue effort to help move Fluttershy away from the site, immediately she was taken into an medical wagon, followed by her friends who took seats at the back of the wagon with her.


The Canis Badhi was now inside the Crystal Empire, traveling through it's main road at a very high speed. As the truck travel on, Michael noticed the inhabitants of the settlement that Trevor decided to visit, they were miniature horses, colorful, big headed, mini-horses or the more correct term, ponies. At first Michael was surprised to see these colorful being, smaller than the ponies he used to see when he was a kid in the Midwest, but Michael was starting to get anxious, as every pony they passed seem to turn their head toward the truck.

"Trevor. You said something about horses," said Michael.

"Yes. Those colorful, tiny, horses we pass are those horses I mentioned," Trevor said, "although I think ponies are the more correct term."

The red pick up was approaching the castle fast, as the truck approached an intersection, a white wagon with a big red cross came speeding from the left and into the path of Trevor truck, with no time to brake, and no intention to brake, the truck hit the side of the wagon, and overturned it, along with the two ponies pulling it, with the advantage of being stronger, and heavier the red truck kept going.

Despite crashing an ambulance and leaving the scene of an accident the Bodhi maintained it speed and kept heading toward the tallest structure in the vicinity. Instead of stopping, Trevor passed the structure through the street running below it, and passing a pink coated horse. Further down the street, without slowing down, Trevor approached a group of ponies moving north in an orderly fashion, but unlike the other he had seen, these ponies were clad in golden armor, some even carried spears.

"COMING THROUGH !" Trevor shouted while sounding the horn of his truck.

The sound caught the attention of the ponies in front, all of them threw themselves to the side to avoid being struck by a red carriage coming their way. After it passed, two pegasus guard from the group took to the air and chased down the carriage. Michael looked back to the scattered group of colorful ponied that his best friend almost flattened, to find two of them had taken to the air and chased the truck.

"T, we got problem ?" warned Michael.

"If it roadkill then there's no problem, they're cute, but they're stupid." Trevor answered.

"You didn't turn any of them into roadkill."

Trevor turned his head, and saw that two pegasus, clad in golden armor, were after him and Michael.

"Michael, take the wheel." commanded Trevor.

Without asking, Michael did what Trevor told. Trevor move to the bed of the Badhi, with a shotgun in hand, he took aim at one of the pegasus, and pulled the trigger. Pellets and fire came out of the mouth of the shotgun, then travelled with tremendous speed toward the pegasi guard, not all of them hit the pony, but it had done quite the damage as the pellets planted itself on the left wing of the guard, sending him back to the earth. Trevor took aim and another shot rang out, and another guard went down.

Shining Armor and the rest of his squad ran toward the injured pair, all of them were bleeding, but not deceased, one was from the wing and the other from the abdominal and forelegs, he watched in disgust and anger as the red carriage pulled away from the scene, whoever or whatever pulling it was going to pay for assaulting the guards under his command.

The strong stench of aviation fuel enveloped the whole area, fuselage, wings, engine and what remained of the jet and the cargo it carried were scattered across the area, some were on fire, some were just mangled mess, Trevor walked through the crash site hoping to find anything valuable, or anyone to tell where they are. He kept searching through the nauseating-stench-filled crash site, and stumbled upon a body, a badly burned human body, he flipped the body with his foot to look at the body's front detail. It was a bald man with a body armor, but in civilian clothing.

"Merryweather," Trevor said with a disgust in his tone, "If Merryweather is here that means....."

As his friend search the wreckage, Michael stayed with the truck in case the flying horses came back, but to him it was starting to be a bad idea since the bone chilling cold returned to punish his body again, making Michael to grip his stolen overcoat tightly and blankets around his body, this was made difficult with him having to hold a gun. There was a sound of something being dragged across the snow, Michael glanced toward the source to find Trevor pushing a green crate on the ground.

"Look what I found !" said Trevor with joy in his voice

"Whoa, that's a lot of fire power," said Michael.

"There's still more where these come from wait here while I get the rest."

Trevor ran back toward the wreckage, leaving Michael with the truck and a box of assorted weaponry. Contained in the olive green crate were weapons of all kind, shotguns, pistols, assault rifles and even grenades along with ammunition, he also noticed that some of the firearms wasn't on sale anymore in the numerous gun store around Los Santos and Blaine County. Trevor came back with another crate, this time filled with even heavier firearms, grenade launchers, a rocket launchers, machine guns, and even a minigun along with more ammunition, shortly Trevor left Michael alone once again to grab some fuel, Michael wasn't sure how Trevor would find fuel in a downed aircraft.

Michael mind drifted away into his family, he imagined, Amanda, Jimmy, and Stacey, on a beach smiling, laughing, enjoying life together

"After this I'll have to buy them that trip to Vice City," Michael thought aloud.

His thought was interrupted by the loud clopping of numerous hooves, Michael grabbed a Ruger from the first box and took cover behind the red Bodhi. Then it stopped, Michael wanted to looked at what he's up against, but the blowing snow restricted him of doing so, instead he stayed behind cover and listened.

"Spread out and move carefully," said a commanding voice

Michael laid down on the snow and peek under the truck, several feet away from him were two ponies with horn on their head, and were closing in his position, then there was the sound of something being dragged across the snow behind him, he looked behind him and signaled Trevor to be quiet and get down, unfortunately the ponies heard it too.

"Who goes there ?!" asked the pony.

Michael face was locked in shock, hearing that the equine in front of them had just move its mouth and talked.

"Identify yourself !" said the other pony.

Michael kept his vision on the two talking ponies as they made their approach toward the truck, they stopped several feet closer to the truck.

"There's something behind that box !" one of the unicorn guard shouted.

After the guards discovery, a creature stood tall on two legs from behind the crate and began attacking them,with yellow bolts of light, the sound similar to firecrackers rang through the snow and their ears. The sound made Shining and his squad of Crystal Empire Royal Guard took cover behind wreckage, rocks and snow dunes.

*** *** ***

"Headcount!" said Shining, "Chrome !"

"Here!"

"Quartz!"

"Not dead!"

"Spears!"

"Alive!"

"Sentry!"

"Present!"

"Whistle!"

"Aye!"

"Carbon!"

"My head ain't gone"

"Raid!"

There was no answer.

"Lieutenant Raid!"

The headcount didn't escape the ears of Michael and Trevor, as their attacker counted their own, Trevor was able to reach Michael's cover.

"Not only those horses fly , they also can talk T," said Michael.

"What ?" Trevor said in disbelief, "you're saying those farm animals can talk?"

"Well you see them fly, why not talk," Michael said.

"Alright, I wanna seem them talk," Trevor demanded.

"You see the one lying there ?" said Michael, pointing to a pony lying by it side several feet from their cover.

The pony let out a groan of pain, he had receive multiple wound from his attack, and was bleeding in the cold snow of the Frozen North, immobilized between his comrades and his attacker.

"What the hell was that ?" Trevor asked.

"It talked," Michael said.

"You mean that -uurrrgghhhh- was talking ?!"

"Well not technically."

Trevor then dug through the first crate he brought, he found what he was looking for, a smoke screen canister, Trevor then remove the pin and threw it away, as the canister released it's content he exited the safety of his truck and sprinted toward the bleeding pony. First there was a lack movement form the pony, then he poked it with his shotgun, and it's large beady eye opened and met Trevor's gaze.

Lieutenant Raid opened his eyes, and was met by a horrifying creature standing before him, a creature which stood tall on two legs, two limbs extended from it's upper part of it's body on either side just before the head, and unlike him it was covered in skin and little hair on it's body and head. He screamed for help, but the creature didn't move, Raid looked at the creature again, he closed his eyes expecting nothing but death.

Trevor ran back to his truck, after the pony screamed for help, he was nearly skewered by a spear landing not far from where he stood before.

"Convinced now ?" asked Michael.

"Okay they talked," Trevor said.

"We really need some explanation on this," Michael said.

"That is something I can agree on," the Canadian agreed.

The spear attack continued, unknown to Michael and Trevor more of the guards have arrived at the scene, and started bombarding the truck with arrows, spears and magic. In retaliation, Trevor threw three frag grenades, which landed close to where the ponies had been hiding and gave time for Trevor to put his stolen goods on to the trucks bed. After all guns, grenades and fuel were in the truck, Michael sprayed their attacker position with lead to bought Trevor time to start the engine of his Canis Bodhi. With the ponies ducking for cover, Michael and Trevor sped away into the distance, heading back towards the empire. Leaving a very irritated Shining Armor.