• Published 5th Oct 2013
  • 4,507 Views, 32 Comments

Naruto: Apples and Cinnamon - Karasu87



Thrown into a strange world, Naruto Uzumaki must learn to adapt if he is to survive colorful ponies, parties, and much, much more.

  • ...
9
 32
 4,507

Chapter 3

Naruto: Apples and Cinnamon

Chapter 3: Pinkapalooza (Part 2)

Oh, how she loved the feeling. The adventure, the danger, the romance! Well, maybe not the latter, but definitely the danger and adventure. She also loved the feeling of the wind whipping through her gray mane. Her wings flapped a mile a minute. With a smirk, she zoomed down below and narrowly missed several tree branches. She held onto her helmet as she flew back up, then did a quick dive.

As she flew back up, she smirked. She couldn't resist. But the fun was over now. She had work to do. Her eyes scanned the treetops. There was a legend about this area. A legend that tells of titanic beasts that rise from the ground. According to what she read, they were guardians of a jewel encrusted crown. Five colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and Purple.

She wasn't exactly sure if the colors matched the elements, or if they represented the titans.

"If I was a very old object... where would I be?" She asked herself. After a moment of looking, a glint down below caught her eye, and she immediately dove down. Her eyes soaked up every detail as she flew above the forest. And as her hooves met the ground, she galloped. Dust kicked upwards with each kick. And her eyes shone with determination and excitement. She was Daring Do!

She adjusted her helmet as she came to where she believed the glint originated from. She slowed down, and proceeded with caution. In her adventures, she learned to be wary. You never know if a rival relic hunter, a wild animal or even a trap is close by. Some may say use logic, but sometimes, that could steer you wrong. Always use your gut. At least, that's what she believed, and so far, it hardly ever failed.

And there it was. Beautiful. Five jewels shone brightly as if they were five suns. The crown itself as golden. She stepped closer, refusing the urge to run to it. She couldn't tell if that was logic, or her gut that told her that, but something didn't sit right with this. No pun intended.

It sat upon a throne made of vines and thorns. How could anyone even sit there? It had to hurt! She shook her head. No time for that now. There was no telling if Ahuizotl was hot on her flank, or worst, already here. Watching from the trees.

Slowly, she brought her hoof forward and placed it gently onto the ground. It held. She kept that up until she could see her own reflection in the crown. She smiled. Her reflection was in each jewel, a different color.

I really look good in green, she thought as she raised her hooves. She didn't see anything really connected to the crown. It was actually hanging onto a lengthy thorn, as if waiting for someone to place it on. She was tempted, but she fought that. She loved her helmet.

Slowly, she lifted the crown from the thorn. She held a breath, expecting to actually see the thorn retract into the vine, and then, some type of trap shall followed. She waited with bated breath, but nothing happened.

She placed the object under her helmet, and was prepared to take flight. She hoped she didn't accidentally place it on, as tempting as it was, the power of a god was not something she wanted right now. Then she heard it. It started as a creak, then grew into a muffled rumble. But it wasn't coming from the throne.

Behind her, the ground exploded. It looked like a geyser erupted. Instead of water, it was rocks. It lasted for a quick few seconds, before the ground itself slowly began to sink into it. Hearing another sound, her eyes shot towards the trees. It almost looked like they were moving. Under her helmet, a green light leaked out, and bathed her face in green. The sea of trees grew. Grew higher into the sky. She knew that flying would be next to impossible if that kept up. And that's when something else happened.

Something shot from the forest. A large crack. And it was headed straight for her!

She knew she had two choices: Deal with a ground that would be gone in at least a minute, or deal with the trees, that have gained massive height.

The trees had stopped growing, and now looked way different. They had merged, and several trees were even pulled straight from the ground! With roots showing! With no other option, and the crevice about to reach her, she flapped.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"That. Was. Awesome!" Rainbow Dash yelled. She was upside down with her eyes glued to the book in her hooves. The new Daring Do book came out that morning, and she patiently waited in line. As soon as the door was opened, she quickly rushed in, and bought TWO copies. Daring Do and the Crown of Titans. A.K. Yearling's newest hit!

She laughed, then quickly flipped to the next page. She needed to know what happened next! "Once in the air, Daring Do was forced to dodge to the left as-"

"Alright, alright, I have to ask. Why here?" Twilight asked. Pinkie had strung up banners all around the library. She didn't see why they didn't just have it at Sugarcube Corner, or at the very least, Sweet Apple Acres. And where was Spike?

"The real question, silly, is..." Using her teeth, she pulled on the rope which made the 'Pinkapalooza' sign go higher. "...why not?

"Darling, who exactly are you inviting to this party?" Rarity asked as she lifted a sign with her magic.

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash yelled without looking up from her book, then she looked around at everypony. "He said he didn't have any family."

"Surely he must have some friends." Rarity mumbled. They talked probably more than he did with anypony else. But she didn't really learn anything new. He stayed in the Everfree forest, was a complete mess and...

"He likes Cheerilee. So, she has to come!" Pinkie said as she admired her banner. But while thinking of who else to invite, A.J. appeared in her mind. "A.J.?" Well, of course their friend was coming, but lately, she hasn't been her usual self.

Rarity thought about that. That was an explosion waiting to happen, but A.J. was the element of honesty. She was bound to come around soon. Naruto wasn't that bad.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Applejack?" Applebloom said as she peeked through the door to her sister's room. Her sister was suppose to be getting supplies and stuff ready for the party. Luckily, she decided to do it instead, in case her sister forgot. She called again, but received no answer. "You in here? Hello?" She stepped further in, while calling again. But this time, she received a small response.

"Na-to..." Applejack mumbled. Apple Bloom saw her sister tossing and turning under the covers mumbling the same thing over and over. She even thought her sister said, "Stop it..."

Nightmare? Apple Bloom thought. She kept getting closer, until...

Creak

Her hoof hovered over that blasted loose floorboard. When was Applejack gonna get that fixed? It became eerily quiet, and just when she was about to breathe a sigh of relief, Applejack's head slowly rotated to face her. Red eyes watched from under the covers. It was like something out of that horror movie she saw the other night. 'The Mooing'

Apple Bloom screamed.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Woah! Don't tell me you went to a party without me!" Pinkie practically yelled. "Ohmigosh! Who else has been going to parties without me?"

Applejack yawned, knocking her hat off. Her eyes were slightly red. Hair was disheveled. She looked like she was in the middle of a stampede. "Don't ask."

After being woken up by all the ruckus produced by her sister, she had decided to finally wake up, had some breakfast, which she fell asleep in, and made her way towards the place she was suppose to meet her friends. The Library.

"What happened?" Rarity asked, only to hear a groan in response. "Applejack?" Instead of where she was standing, Applejack was fast asleep in Twilight's bed. She wasn't even near there!

"Let's let her be for now." Twilight said. And everypony agreed to let their friend sleep. The party wasn't for a few hours anyway. They just needed some more ponies to invite, but who? She was starting to sound like Pinkie. With a shudder, Twilight thought back to their first meeting with the stallion. He lived alone in the Everfree forest. But it just now occurred to her. He wasn't too far from somepony they knew. "Zecora."

"Zecora?" Rarity asked. Her and Naruto talked a lot, but he kept quiet about himself.

"Perhaps he knows her. Doesn't hurt to ask." Twilight smiled. She wished that Applejack would perk up soon.

Pinkie quickly pulled out a long list. Her eyes scanned each name, each a resident of Ponyville. "Oooh, how about... no, Naruto crashed into his cart. Maybe... no, no, that one involved paint and feathers. Was pretty funny though. Mayor Mare! No... Mayor Mare already wants to play some pranks thanks to him." Pinkie crossed off name after name, but she did circle Zecora. "He really needs friends. And I am the perfect pony for the job!"

"Naruto..."

Rainbow lowered her book, and looked at the three other mares. "You guys say something?" It was just getting to the good part too! Daring Do had almost escaped the titan, when all of a sudden, her hat gets knocked off her head, with the crown!

In her sleep, A.J. grabbed a nearby pillow. Twilight's pillow, and squeezed it tightly. Several inaudible words came out of her mouth.

"Maybe we should wake her," Twilight said as she and Rarity walked over, while Rainbow Dash hovered above. My pillow...

Moan.

After a moment of listening to A.J., realization lit up Rarity's eyes. She turned to Twilight, "Were you gonna check Zecora? I'll maintain the balance here and make sure the preparations are handled."

Twilight nodded. She hoped Zecora did know Naruto. Any information on the pony, the better. If she did know him, why didn't she mention anything?

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Funny, clumsy, and lazy." Zecora said. Twilight came in and asked her if she knew Naruto, and of course, she told her the truth. "But his heart is strong, and never hazy."

Has she been watching? Twilight thought.

"Young Applejack will come around. Naruto is charming, and you will see, he'll astound."

"Don't you mean dumbfound?" It just slipped out, but Twilight did smirk, which was matched by Zecora. "Um, about the party?"

Zecora looked at the hammock that hung above several shelves. An image of Naruto falling off it apepared in her mind, which caused her to laugh. Twilight was confused, but Zecora turned to her and gave her answer.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Really nice to meet a cute pony such as yourself."

Applejack shot awake. Her eyes wide, and her mane covered in sweat. She glanced left, right and left again. What is happening to me? Glancing around again, she was confused as to why she was in the library instead of her room. Last thing she remembered was...

"Wakey, wakey!" Pinkie got right in her face. "Did you get enough sleep? You were suppose to bring some stuff, silly. Apple Cider too! Wait! Did you drink it all? That explains a lo--" Rarity gently pushed Pinkie away.

"Pinkie, dear, your sign came undone." Rarity said. And indeed, one of Pinkie's signs had came undone, and was just hanging there, lopsided.

"Oh, no you don't!" Pinkie vanished from her spot before anypony could blink. Rarity only smiled as she turned towards A.J., who appeared to finally be awake. Although, she did keep the whole cider idea open.

"Oh, my, my, my." Rarity said with a smile. Using her magic, she placed a hat onto the country gal's head. "I think I have figured out your problem."

"I don't have a problem," A.J. mumbled.

"Sounds like somepony has problems of the male variety."

If she was drinking something, this was where should would spit it all over Rarity's face. "What are ya'll on about?"

He really has a way to get under your skin, Rarity thought. She decided not to mention the fact that A.J. may have a crush on somepony without realizing it. Oh, how she loved playing matchmaker. "Why don't you go out and find Naruto. We'll handle the other stuff." Pinkie did say Naruto needed new friends, after all.

"By we, I assume you mean me?" Rainbow Dash lowered her book, and peaked down at Rarity and A.J.. Fluttershy was busy doing, um, well, she wasn't sure what Fluttershy was doing. Either checking around Ponyville for somepony who knew Naruto, or finding bunnies to invite to the party.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"I think I have figured out your problem," Applejack said in her best Rarity impression. Ha. I don't have a problem. But she did wonder what Rarity meant by male variety. She felt better now than she did earlier, but those thoughts kept plaguing her. Male variety... male variety... what could that mean?

She shook her head, she was suppose to find the birthday stallion. "Now, if I were a stallion bent on destruction, where would I be?"

She didn't have to look far, the sounds of a scream erupted from nearby. With renewed vigor, she galloped to the rescue. But as she rounded the corner, she expected everyone to be painted pink, or worst, and angry mob chasing after the very pony she was searching for.

Naruto laughed as he played with three fillies. The Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom was in awe of the stallion. That wasn't anything new, but she wondered what her little sister saw in him. The pranks, the jokes, the laziness? She didn't know.

"Head's up!"

Before she could come to her senses, something struck her right in the face! Red dripped down her muzzle, and poured at her feet. Her eyes were swirls. Shaking off the stars, she licked. It tasted like berries.

"Uh... sorry." Naruto said, but a chuckle escaped his throat. He, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were covered in the same stuff. Different kinds of pies. Sweetie Belle meanwhile, well, was completely clean. Her mane and coat sparkled.

Her hat tilted down from the hit, and caused it to block her eyes from view. Naruto and Apple Bloom gulped. Slowly, applejack grabbed a hoof-full of pie from her muzzle, and looked at it.

This is like the time I accidentally splashed mud on Ino and Sakura. At the same time! Naruto gulped loudly, but then grew confused when A.J. laughed. Looking at Apple Bloom, she shrugged, just as confused as he was. And then, with a smirk, Applejack flicked her hoof.

Naruto barely registered the hit. It wasn't as powerful as it would've been if Tsunade threw it, but since it was A.J., it was close. She could probably put somepony in a coma with a thrown apple. Nopony knew what happened next, there was a stack of fresh pies, each a different kind. And they each grabbed one. Scootaloo quickly threw one, which exploded in Sweetie Belle's face. And before the filly could reload, Apple Bloom struck her with a sneak attack.

Naruto debated if he should throw one. But he was the leap before thinking type. A rasengan into your gut as you're giving a monologue type. Girls beating Jiraiya before asking his reason for peeping type. He shook his head at that one, and before he knew it, Applejack was laughing as a pie struck her face.

The war went on for ten more minutes. The group were sticky, but to many of the ponies near them, smelled good enough to eat. Luckily, Mrs. Cake was kind enough to spray them with a water hose, despite watching all the sweets going to waste.

Naruto shook his head, sending water at Applejack, who looked away with a smile as it splashed her.

"That was... actually fun," laughed Naruto. He still felt a tad sticky.

"Sure was," Applejack shared his laugh, which surprised the stallion, and even more so, herself.

"That actually made it one of the best birthdays I've had," he looked down, then to her. "I thought you hated me."

"It ain't like that," Applejack nodded to Naruto to follow her back to the library. The fillies left after getting cleaned up. "I wanted you to work for those pranks you pulled. To feel what it's like for us everyday at the farm. Guess I overdid it, huh?"

Naruto smiled. "Nah. Back when I was younger, I pulled a massive prank. Painting silly faces on the stone statues of the leaders of my village." Applejack stayed silent. Both were unaware of a pink shadow tailing them. "My teacher forced me to clean the entire thing. So, working on the farm did bring back some memories."

Before she could reply, a voice made itself known. "This is indeed the trouble I was talking about."

Wha--, she looked around for the voice, only frown as she saw Rarity. Floating in a circle around her head. Don't start that again! I don't even know him that well!

"So? Start." A hoof went through Rarity, causing her to poof away.

"Hello?" Naruto waved his hoof in front of her. "Spaced out there?"

"Oh, I-it's nothing." She smiled at him. Maybe I was a little harsh. Maybe it was time to start learning more about him.

Naruto nodded. He couldn't even count the times he spaced out. In school, during team training, in school...

"Anyway, about that cute comment..." Applejack giggled as he nearly tripped over his hooves.

"Um, well," He coughed. "You kinda... are..." A small, unnoticeable blush lit up her face.

Pinkie watched with a smile. That was so totally her idea to have them make up. Well, maybe Rarity helped. Applejack began running with a smile, while Naruto sputtered, but then ran to catch up. She pulled out her list again, and made a check near Applejack. And that wasn't her party attendee list...

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Back at the library, the lights were off. Aside from some excited chattering, and giggling, one would think nopony was home.

"Shhh! I hear them!" A voice whispered in the darkness. Rarity. And indeed, the sounds of hooves stomping the ground was heard, getting closer and closer, until a figure with a hat crashed through the door with a laugh, followed by another figure.

Naruto was breathing hard when he entered. Once he got his breath back, he looked around the darkened room for A.J. "Applejack?"

Instead of an answer, the lights flicked on, followed by a collective scream of, "Surprise!!"

"S-surprise!" Fluttershy yelled, but it came out as a whisper.

"Huh?" Was all that came out once his vision returned.

Around the room were familiar faces. Each with a smile. Big McIntosh, Cheerilee, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and with her hoof around Applejack, Pinkie Pie. He blinked several times at another face.

"Zecora?" Hearing her name, said zebra walked up to him. "Did you tell..."

"I can't deny, that was all Pinkie Pie." Naruto looked at said pony, who was chatting away with A.J.

She must've overheard me and Spike, He thought. He wasn't upset or anything, actually, he was quite honored. Last birthday he had, Sakura bought him some ramen. Speaking of ramen...

There were several steamy bowls on a table filled with food. It took hours, but he managed to explain to some cooks in Ponyville about the deliciousness of ramen. Of course, he left out details of meat or anything that could make ponies disgusted. Zecora already explained all that to him. And so they designed many different kinds of ramen. Mainly as a test, such as vegetable ramen, some with apples mixed in. He wasn't complaining. He wondered what type was waiting for him on the table.

Twilight walked around the library. Her library. She hoped nopony spilled something on or damaged any of her books. Owlowiscious looked kinda annoyed over there in the corner. She made a mental note to check on him later, right now, she was worried about any damage. She saw Spike over by the presents. She hoped he was organizing them and not shaking them. And that's when she caught a glance of something. A flank to be exact. Naruto and Zecora's. They resembled one another's.

"Hey, why are there five cakes?" Naruto asked, still salivating at all the food. Then he noticed five cakes.

"You'll see." Pinkie piped up from beside him. She could be the perfect ninja in his world.

Naruto was confused by that, but Pinkie only winked and sauntered off. Women, er, mares, still confuse me.

"Happy birthday." Cheerilee said, appearing behind him. With everyone sneaking up on him, a part of him believed that he has neglected his ninja training.

"Oh, um, Ms. Cheerilee..." Naruto greeted, albeit awkwardly.

"Just Cheerilee." There he goes, blushing again. He shook his head to get rid of it.

Applejack frowned for some reason when she saw him and Cheerilee together. Just standing there, chatting away. She couldn't explain it. It was almost as if she was-

"Jealous?"

A.J. sighed. "Go away thought bubble Rarity." She waved her hoof in an attempt to disperse it, only to get an "Ouch!" in response.

"I beg your pardon?" Rarity rubbed her head, then proceeded to join A.J. in watching the two ponies talk. "Somepony is feeling better."

Applejack shrugged. "Guess I just needed some sleep."

"Sure, sure." Rarity smiled, then looked back at Naruto, only to see Pinkie gently push Cheerilee out of the way.

"I MUST know! Why did you keep your birthday a secret?! Something this big should never be kept hidden!" During her yell, she had managed to grab Naruto and started shaking him.

"Um, well... surprise?" Naruto mumbled, but Rarity saw the look in his eye. She glanced to a present nearby, which was wrapped in purple. She looked to Applejack, an idea forming.

Using her magic, she placed the present before Applejack. "What is-"

"Say it's from you, dear," Rarity said with a smile.

"But I-"

"No buts," Rarity insisted.

"But..." Applejack silenced herself, and lifted the present by the bow with her teeth. No use arguing with Rarity. The Element of Generosity. And so, without another word, she marched right up to Naruto, and kissed him right on the mouth. Well, in Rarity's mind at least, in reality, Applejack placed the present down on the floor and waited for Naruto to open it.

"For me?" Naruto asked. Pinkie looked at it and recognized it as Rarity's, but she kept quiet.

"Y-yeah..." Did she just stutter? Taking a breath, she tried to clear her mind. Before, she was having fun with Naruto, but with all the attention thrown their way, she was nervous. She coughed. "It's from me... and, um, Rarity."

Pulling on the string that held the present together, it opened, and Naruto's eyes widened. Slowly, he pulled out his old headband, only, it was cleaned, and stitched with newer cloth. The metal was also shined. Applejack was surprised by that, and thought Rarity pulled a fast one on her, until she saw his face. He was smiling.

"I remember that! You had it when we first met!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"It ripped while I was at Rarity's." While getting placed in another dress, the headband was accidentally yanked off, and forgotten at the Carousel Boutique. But when Rarity found it, instead of telling Naruto, she had decided to fix it up. The smell was terrible, and the cloth was barely hanging together. And when she heard about his birthday, she decided to kill two birds with one stone.

"What's with the headband?" Rarity asked as Naruto stood as still as a statue.

"It's the... only thing I have left of my home," Naruto replied. The headband looked terrible, but Rarity understood what it meant, so she changed the subject.

The rest of the party went by without much happening. Rarity used her magic to tie the headband to Naruto's head. And Naruto managed to open the rest of the presents. Zecora gave him some recipes that would be perfect for pranks. Rainbow Dash gave him her extra copy of the latest Daring Do book. After receiving several more presents, he finally took notice of the signs.

"Pinkapalooza?" Naruto asked, but instead of an answer, they laughed. And then he found out the reason for five cakes. Applejack proved that she could out eat him in anything, but how would she handle stack upon stack of ramen?

And of course, Naruto failed to out eat the country mare. Cakes and ramen, she stuffed her gut full. It looked like Naruto had indeed neglected his training. He made a mental note to practice eating at least twenty bowls a day, do tree running exercises, play some hide 'n' seek, battle those blasted Timberwolves in the Everfree forest and well, maybe buck some more apple trees.

By the time everypony started to leave, it was already dark out. He was kinda upset that he didn't get to talk with Big McIntosh more, or even get to know Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash better. But for the latter, perhaps Daring Do would help them bond. That was another vow he made. To make more lasting bonds.

Sure, he wondered if his friends in his own world even miss him, but he believed in his bonds. They can carrying on into a whole different world. That was something the old man once told him, almost like it was a premonition. But when he arrived in this new world, he was afraid to make any. Afraid of rejection.

"What are my favorite ponies up too? Nice party by the way." The voice made him freeze. He was still in the library. The girls were on the other side cleaning up the place. On a wall behind him, a small figure appeared. A Draconequus, which to his understanding, had a head of a pony and the body of, well, all kinds of creepy things. Reminded him of Orochimaru in a way. It looked like he was a painting on the library wall. "What? You didn't think I would miss this joyous occasion, did you?"

Meanwhile, in Canterlot, the statue of Discord was... gone. No sign it was even there.

Author's Note:

I changed the way I write, so hope it's to satisfaction. I plan as I write, it's how I do things. Hope someponies liked my Daring Do segment, was a test, and was originally way longer. The scene where Naruto debates throwing the pie at Applejack actually was way longer, and I had several comparisons included. I thought the Jiraiya one was funny, so I kept it. Was also gonna add a day-dream sequence where Naruto pictures a human Pinkie being a ninja.

Also, got distracted with the NYCC (New York Comic Con). Didn't go, but keeping track with everything. I'm a comic book geek, totally need to do more comic crossovers.

Things you can blame with me taking forever: Anime, NYCC, Comics, Fan of Fanfics, Games, Kingdom Hearts. I have a Naruto/Zecora story being written now, and... I dread the dialogue. Also working on a Naruto/Ducktales cross, but for the pairing, all I can think of is Naruto/Magica. Yay, nay?