• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 711 Views, 12 Comments

Code 5 - Buckshot Gauges



The zombie apocalypse has come true. Everypony has joined the ZPTF.

  • ...
2
 12
 711

Don't Show Your Face

Chapter 4: Don’t Show Your Face

“Scootaloo! Scootaloo! Wake up!” a voice whispered. The orange filly sleepily opened her eyes to see Sweetie Belle standing beside her bed. She looked past the white unicorn filly to the clock on the wall. It read three o’ clock in the morning.

“It’s your watch now,” said Sweetie Belle quietly. Scootaloo yawned and climbed out of bed. She grabbed her navy blue ZPTF vest from where it hung on the wall above her bed in her mouth and slid it onto her back.

“Okay Sweetie Belle, I relieve you from watch,” said Scootaloo tiredly. There was actually a military way of doing the whole watch thing, but the fillies and colts in the Military FCD were the only ones who really followed along with it. The white unicorn trotted out of Scootaloo’s room. The purple-manned filly grabbed the over-under shotgun from its leaning position against the wall next to the door. She made her way out of her room onto the raised walkway above the main area. She took notice of Sweetie Belle heading towards the double doors to the main hall.

“Sweetie, your room is over there,” said Scootaloo, pointing a hoof towards one of the doors on the right side of the squad room along the walkway.

“I know, but I’m going to the Military FCD room,” said the white unicorn.

“Why would you do that?” asked Scootaloo, suspicious of the filly’s actions.

“To see if Buckshot’s awake,” responded Sweetie Belle, “He said we’d play Navy Assault 5 around this time, it’s makes the game a whole lot scarier. I can go, right. It’s your call being on watch and all.” She gave Scootaloo a puppy-beg face.

“Sure,” agreed Scootaloo, waving the unicorn away. The orange pegasus turned around and began walking along the raised walkway. She stopped as she saw a light out of the corner of her eye. She looked down into the main area. One of the computer screens was turned on. The light of the monitor shone onto the pony’s brown face.

‘It’s just Lucky’ thought Scootaloo sadly. She had noticed the brown colt’s mood yesterday. When she asked him he had just replied Jetstream. That one word was all she had needed to know. She peered down at the computer monitor. Lucky was probably just surfing around on it, being that he was most likely too upset to sleep. Scootaloo paused as she heard an only too recognizable sound coming from Lucky’s direction. Her face nearly went green.

“Never mind, he’s fine,” she whispered to herself, turning around and leaning against the railing. Note to self: try to get that thought out of her head in the morning. A sudden creak sounded from the double doors. Scootaloo quickly raised the shotgun towards the door. The light from the hall shone on part of the figure, shining against the candy-cane colored tail.

Jetstream silently shut the door behind him. He turned around to have the two barrels of a gun shoved against his face. He was pushed against the wall up on his hind legs. The light of a flashlight blinked on, showing the orange face of his attacker.

“What are you doing?!” the white pegasus colt whispered with terror. His red eyes went small as he focused on the weapon jammed up under his neck.

“I have two rounds in this gun, and I want one good reason why I shouldn’t blow your head off,” the Scootaloo commanded. Jetstream looked up at her with a scared expression. Was she serious?

“Because you wouldn’t stoop so low?” tried Jetstream. The weapon was pushed harder against his neck.

“Because all life is valuable?” he tried again. And the gun was pushed harder.

“Because you’ll most likely be punished,” he tried a final time. He held his breath as Scootaloo continued to jam the barrels against his neck. The purple manned filly broke open the shotgun, expelling the two unused rounds. The red and gold objects made little taps as they landed on the floor.

“I’ll let that one pass…..for now,” the filly said. Jetstream let out a breath and slumped against the wall, sliding to the floor.

“You have quite a nerve showing your face here,” Scootaloo said angrily.

“I….work….here,” replied Jetstream, puffing out the sentence in short, heavy breaths.

“You’re not coming back until ten in the morning so until then, you’re trespassing.”

“Actually, I’m not.” The white pegasus went silent as Scootaloo flipped open a switch-blade.

“Then again, you’re the one with the gun,” continued Jetstream. The orange pegasus flipped the knife closed.

“What are you even doing here? Coming to make fun of Lucky again?” Scootaloo asked mockingly.

“No, I just want to talk to him,” responded Jetstream. The red and white manned colt stood up on all fours again. He began walking towards the staircase to only be blocked by Scootaloo’s extended wing.

“Sure, likely story,” the filly said sarcastically, “If you think I’m gonna let you pass me, then you must have bits for brains.”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” said Jetstream in annoyance. He tried to push past Scootaloo only to be shoved back.

“Did you not catch the hint? You’re not going near Lucky.”

“But I just want to….” He was cut off as Scootaloo slapped him across the face.

“First ones with my hoof, second ones with my knife,” the pegasus filly stated firmly, “get out.”

“Go buck yourself you little devil,” said Jetstream angrily. He turned around and galloped towards the double doors. He ran into the wall first before backing up and going into the hallway.

“And it doesn’t end there,” said Scootaloo to herself deviously.

Author's Note:

Uh oh, Scootaloo's planning something.