• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 685 Views, 3 Comments

The Battle For Equestria - MrBronyman



In a torn and destroyed Equestria with the arrival of a new Alicorn what is happening

  • ...
 3
 685

The Start Of The End

I was awaken by a large thunderous booming in my ears. My heart followed its beat, and my pulse followed its radiating momentum. I didn't open my eyes, that is until someone kicked me in the ribs.

"Wake up sleepy Its your turn to be smashed". The speaker really needed a tic-tac, I was probably a meter away and i could smell rotten fish. I opened my eyes and tried to stand. The voice spoke again "arghh you lazy worm the crowd be waiting for you, wake up pony". He grabbed me, I felt another pair of hands grab my other arm. My surroundings were dim, I was blinded by a slowly growing light in front of me. I lifted my head to try and see my captor. I made out dirty green between the thick grey pelt. I looked ahead but there was only the growing light. I felt tired and tried to remember what he said.
"Something about being smashed". I felt tired, but one thing stuck to my brain. He said.....pony right?" My eyes opened I quickly checked my limbs only to be violently thrown into the light.

I fell. Hard. I did not realize it but there was also cheer with the loud drums. My eyes adjusted to the bright sun and my chest was still hurting from the throw. I wiped my face with my hand....hand.... A hard object punched my face. I opened my eyes to be faced with a grey hoof...hoof.... Holy crap! I was a pony! I smiled to myself but was interrupted by a blow horn. suddenly a loud voice was heard from above me.

"Welcome one and all to the Ponyville arena. Our original Nine contestants have been joined by a late comer, please welcome our final contestant." The crowd booed and hissed, I got the idea I was the final contestant. At this point my eye sight returned, I surveyed the arena. Metal wire coiled to the sky. the audience safely behind it sitting and eating the wire was too thick to make out any actual shape but the sun still managed to cut through the top.

"The round is starting in five seconds, fighters take to your circle. I looked behind me. the door had closed, the guard behind me gestured to the circle behind me. I quickly stood in it. "3.....2.....1 BEGIN" the area around me suddenly vanished. The piece of ground I was standing on rose to the sky. Below me the ground was set on fire. "good thing I got on". I saw the other contestants also rising.

In the middle of all of us was a large piece of land It looked like a destroyed city. The contestant right opposite me was easily a hundred meters away and I realized how big the arena was. A bridge extended us onto the island which was floating five meters off the ground, the audience cheered with joy. "The set is The city in flames. Surrounding our challengers is a fiery wasteland, the last five contestants remaining will be the winner"

I realized that all the other contestants had disappeared. I quickly went onto the island and tried to make sense of the situation. "Alright I'm in Ponyville, I am a pony. Right now I am fighting for my life against nine other fighters which only half of us will survive." I did not have long to think as an arrow whizzed past my ear. I ducked behind a large broken down building. I heard another arrow scrape the side.

I waited for a few seconds looking around. I noticed a box beside me. Scrabbling to open it I heard footsteps slowly approaching. My hoofs couldn't open it. The footsteps got closer. In desperation I kicked it with my back hooves. I opened but my attacker was right behind me. I spun around swinging my elbow into him. He keeled over in shocked and let out a surprised Oof. I grabbed the contents of the box with my mouth and ran.

I just kept running, through the fake city and away from whatever that was, until I felt safe. I settled hiding in a building. I finally looked at the contents of the box. It was greaves and shin guards. It also came with a sword and a sheathe. I uncomfortably and slowly tried to slip the armor over my legs. My back was covered by a leather cloak. The sheathe was buckled onto my front shoulder? I guessed it was my shoulder in pony anatomy.

"Hope this can stop arrows" I started thinking of all the arrow to the knee jokes when my thoughts were disrupted by a twig snap. "My senses are so refined". I felt my ear twitch facing behind me. I spun around and faced my attacker. It was a different one. Unlike the other one he did not have a bow or crossbow. It was a large grey beast with an equally large mace. I pulled out my sword with my mouth and it spoke.

"ay' It be one of 'em pony folk. I'm gonna crash you." I was about to correct his English when he swung it at my face. I ducked, the mace swiped into thin air. The creature was off balanced. I charged at him but the sword fell out of my mouth. " Crap, not used to holding it yet I improvised. Running to his side I used my powerful back hooves to launch my self into the air. I jumped onto a near by stand and jumped onto him. on my way down I slammed my front hoof into his face.

"Man I feel so Achilles right now." The creature stumbled and smashed his face into a nearby building. But the building collapsed. He looked at me with anger in his tiny eyes. "WRAGHHH" It charged at me screaming, my small success only made him angrier. I put my hooves above my head in a pathetic display to defend.

His roar was cut off. I heard a loud sound of him crashing. It went quiet. I looked up. He was lying on the floor sleeping like a baby. I turned around to see my savior. What I saw caused me to both be shocked and surprised.

"Come with me if you want to live" The figure vanished into a building, I was unable to catch who it was but it looked like Nightmare Moon. I trotted to the house it was hiding in and smiled at the terminator reference.

I could see a pony silhouette. I guessed it was twice the size of an actual pony but i haven't seen an actual pony. The figure was breathing slowly but silently watching through small cracks in the wall for attackers. "Who'ed be thou, and would thou be willing to fight in thy name." I was startled by her speaking manner. It was a mix of new English and old. "Could it actually be Luna?" My heart fluttered. Luna was my favorite pony.

"Luna?" I took a step forward confidently.

"I have not heard that name in a long time." She took a step forward. My heart almost dropped. She was wearing Nightmare Moon's armor.

"Nightmare Moon !" I got into a crouching position ready to strike. "Do not fear my subject." she cautiously took a step towards me. "That is my stage name. Now its no longer something feared. but loved." She spat the last word out in disgust. Seeing the pain on her face I calmed down. "What is going on Princess why are you fighting here."

She started to open her mouth when a loud crunch shook the whole house. A part of the roof caved in and the wall crumbled to the ground. I spun around and grabbed at my shoulder for my sword, my mouth bit into thin air "Shit I left it behind" I ran for cover. Our attacker. A large snake with a mace on the end of his tail smashed into another wall caving it in.

"Youu cannnottsss run foreverssss" The predator slithered into the house. The dim light shimmered on his skin and he flicked his mace like a chew toy. I searched around in panic. "Something to throw something to block... ANYTHING"

I almost screamed in frustration. "I canss ssensse ffear " He flicked his head to the upturned table i was hiding behind. I heard the mace fly through the air. I ducked and rolled facing the snake in full view. The snake smiled. at the last second he flicked his tail into me instead of the table. I turned around and held up my front hoof to block it. But it slammed into me throwing me out of the house. As I flew I saw Luna fire multiple beams of magic into the snake. I dodged effortlessly swinging its large body around laughing.

I tumbled outside. getting up I rushed into the house. Luna was still battling it. flying around firing beam after beam. the snake dodged or deflected it with his tail. "Issss that the bessst you can do?" He grabbed a table leg with his tail and flicked it at her. She fell to the ground and he slithered to her unconscious body. "Ssssuch a lovely fffeassst." His jaw unhinged and I took this opportunity to slam my hoof into his head. He reacted with speed. Biting into me with his fangs. I felt my body go numb.

He reflected to himself. "Although I replaccced ssssize with poisssson my bite Isss ssstronger than my barkssss" He smiled at his own joke. noticing the patterns on his back "Crap, its a diamond back rattle snake." Recalling what I had learned. "Bite causes paralysis internal bleeding an..... My mind slowly went to black. The snake went back to eating Luna.....Lun.......


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I awoke. The wound where the bite took place was throbbing, my head was throbbing. I rubbed it with my hoof. "Wait I was about to be eaten by a snake" I looked around in shock. realizing I was in the house my heart settled slightly. I looked around to see where Luna was. She was sitting by the window looking for more attacks. I looked at the bite mark. The Snake had tore through my shin guard with one fang. And the leather protecting my back with the other.My wounds had been tended to and I felt the pain leave my body.

"Princess?" I stood up slowly. the blood rushed to my brain and I fell back dazed. "Take your time." she told me, without raising her head. " The poison is still flushing out of your system." I looked at her "What about the snake and you wer-"

She interrupted. "I dealt with him while he was attacking you." she smiled. "It was very brave of you to try and help me." I felt my heart rise. "But a fools try." My heart sank. I interpreted that as it was a stupid thing to do. "However, I am happy to have such a loyal subject. however you should try to use your magic more often."

"What?" I suddenly remembered the horn on my head. "oh.. yea.....sorry" I looked at her sheepishly. She turned her head mt me confused. "Does thy not know how to use magic." I tried to think up of a logical explanation without revealing my world but nothing came out. She took a step towards me. I noticed her armor glimmer in the sunset. "you are a curious one." I felt my head flush. But our conversation was interrupted by a horn.

"Let us go. The round is over" she started walking towards the sun and I hobbled after. as I got nearer I saw old and new scars under her armor.