• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 3,947 Views, 34 Comments

Terraria Is Magical - Srake



Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a new world and its inhabitants find her in their world.

  • ...
4
 34
 3,947

Push Forward

"That was a horrible explanation."

Both Twilight Sparkle and Dark Srake stood at the pinnacle of a hill nearly a kilometer away from a towering pyramid in the middle of a valley of strange negative earth. Srake turned around to face Twilight, "What are you talking about?! I explained it perfectly. I used big words and everything!" Srake said, waving his arms around for emphasis. True disbelief showed on his face that Twilight could not follow his explanation.

Twilight sighed, "Big words do not translate to clear understanding. Especially when the words make no sense in your context." Twilight gave a sound of frustration and turned back to examine the pyramid.

Srake put his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "Okay," He started stoically, "Let me explain my theory with new evidence." Twilight turned back with a blank expression on her face. "Clearly, these creatures or twitchers or whatever do not rely on hearing for tracking prey as they did not respond to my outburst just now." Srake double checked to see that there were no creatures coming. "Yeah, and they obviously don't use sight considering the blindfolds they all seem to have. I don't think they taste to find things." Srake made a show of counting on his fingers. He held up his two remaining fingers, "That leaves two senses. Have you any idea what sense they use to track?"

Twilight raised her hoof to her chin in a clear gesture of thought. "Well, I guess they don't use smell to see, otherwise every single one of them would be on us in an instant." Twilight said with malice, narrowing her eyes towards Srake.

Srake was visibly taken aback by her sudden hostility. "WOW. WOW." Srake walked around in a circle muttering words more words that Twilight was unfamiliar with. After a few seconds, he stopped in front of her with a scowl. "Anyways," He began loud enough to make Twilight flinch. "Yes, that leaves touch. They can feel vibrations in the air. They'll attack anything that doesn't move like it. IE, fast and erratic followed by pause." Srake removed his hand from the jacket pocket, "And that leads to this." He held the potion vial in front of him. "You said that this potion made me move incredibly fast."

"Yes, and it did." Twilight said pointedly. "I don't know why you couldn't tell. It probably retards brain and nerve impulses-"

"Whoa." Srake interrupted. "That's an awful thing to say, Twilight." A look of slight anger and abashment grew on his face. That expression was immediately replaced with realization and shame. He rubbed the back of his head, "Sorry... I'm a product of the twenty-first century.

Twilight rolled her eyes as she turned to look back at the pyramid. "So the potion imitates the movement of the twitchers. You think we should be able to blend in to sneak past them?"

"In theory, yes. In practice?" Srake paused, "Probably." Srake unstopped the vial.

"Wait... If the twitchers can feel vibration shouldn't they be able to feel sound?"

"Not sure if it matters at this point." Srake said as he poured half of the vial into his hands before tossing it to Twilight. She caught it with her magic right as Srake froze up, the potion taking effect. She poured the rest on herself and dropped the vial as her perception of time blurred and froze.

Twilight perceived Srake unfreezing and telling her to move towards the pyramid all in an instant. Suddenly Srake appeared nearly 20 feet away from her in the direction of the pyramid. Twilight tried to run towards the pyramid and received a strange out of body feeling but only before her body instantly caught up with where she perceived she had walked.

They quickly approached the side of the pyramid just as the potions effects wore off. Srake shook his head, before checking his immediate surroundings, "Good news" Srake sighed, "We're both still alive and the twitchers all seem to be maintain a distance from this pyramid." Twilight gave an affirmative nod as she caught her breath.

Srake turned back to the walls, "Bad news is... That they are probably staying away for a reason." Srake heaved his shoulders forward, "And I don't know where the entrance is..."

Twilight gave a start as she jumped to her hooves, "Are you kidding me!?" she exclaimed angrily. Srake did not turn back to face her. "You just marched us out here with no plan of how to get in?" She continued in an uncharacteristically angry, but understandable, manner.

"And so distrust falls into the ranks." Srake said quietly. Srake cleared his throat and straightened up to study the wall.

Twilight gave a heavy, frustrated, and quite frankly over the top, sigh. She slowly walked to Srake's side, "What are doing?" She asked, without looking at him.

Srake also gave a sigh, albeit slightly less melodramatically fashion, "Searching for less than obvious entrances." He put his hands in his jacket. "You can't live life by just East and West..." He murmured. Twilight raised an eyebrow to which he replied with a shrug, "Just a thought..." Srake stared at the symbol that had been burnt or carved in the stone. He turned to Twilight and gestured at the symbols, "You have any idea about this junk."

Twilight studied the glyphs, "Yeah..." she started slowly "Yeah, these look like magic lines in my world."

"Well, what do they do?"

"They're used to amplify magic especially when something needs to be animated." She look over to the wall and pointed out a specific glyph, "See that bulls-eye circle with an alpha symbol in it?" Srake nodded. "That's the initiation 'button'. Applying some magic should start the string."

Srake cracked a smile, "I knew I brought you along for some reason. Way to go." He held out his left hand and cast crystals at the wall. The crystals bounced of the surface harmlessly and shattered mid-air. Srake scowled. "I take back everything i just said." He folded his arms, "...All of it."

Twilight stood in front of Srake. "Your just bad. Watch the element of Magic at work." She distributed her weight and braced herself for a surge of raw magic. Her horn gave off violet sparks as she visible struggled to pull energy from within herself. Finally her horn glowed purple and projected a force wave of purple color at the wall.

The initiation glyph absorbed the wave and it started to glow a dim purple. Color leaked from the glyph and followed lines to other symbols along the wall. The grinding of stone and clanking of gears could be heard from the other side of the wall as a panel receded into the pyramid and slid off to the side revealing the oddly atmospheric inside.

Both Srake and Twilight stared dumbfounded through the new passage way until Twilight piped up, "Is... Is that... Negative darkness?"

Srake set his pack on the ground and pulled a blue short-staff out of it. He pointed it at the passage and a bolt of magic energy flew into the pyramid. "Yeah it is..."


A/N: A short chapter for a long wait. Because you are all worth it. No, but seriously now. I know where I want to take this story. However the map to that place was ripped up, burned, and then dropped of a cliff. So now I'm basically driving around the block until I remember which building it was. What the hell am I talking about? Eh... So school has taken up a bit of my free time. I'm also pretty busy playing GW2 now that it's been out for a while (The Charr shall rule, BTW). So, I guess what I'm try to say is, expect another chapter hopefully before the world ends. It's September right now... That gives me...2 and some months. Yeesh. Oh, and I don't know why but I tried to insert some comedy into this train wreck of a crossover.

Warm Regards Love,
Srake