• Published 3rd Dec 2013
  • 334 Views, 5 Comments

Shadowbolts: Origin - ToneCraft



A Pegasus with an injured leg dreams of performing

  • ...
 5
 334

A colt in the forest

"Your son's demonstrated some great flying potential," The Wonderbolts' Leutenant told her. "Especially for an eight-year-old pegasus."
"Thank you, Soarin." Silver Lining responded. She looked out at the midnight blue colt that was ducking his way through a small obstacle course. "Do you really think he could qualify for the Wonderbolts Academy Scholarship?"
"Only if he keeps up this rate of learning. But if he does, he may even achieve early admission. I haven't seen this much potential since Misty Fly."
"Attention, citizens of Cloudsdale," The mayor called over a loudspeaker, across the whole city, "There has been an incident in the weather factory, and an uncontrollable storm is coming from the damaged equipment. Please remain indoors until we fix the problem."
Soarin took this as his cue to regroup with the other Wonderbolts, saying a quick goodbye and taking off.
"Midnight, come on! A storm's coming." Silver called to her son. Her mane and coat, as per her name, were silver, though not as bright as they had once been. Her blue eyes locked onto her child, as she waited for a response.
"Okay, mom." He said back, diving through the last ring to go over to her.
Unfortunately, that was the exact moment the full force of the storm hit them. Silver Lining's view of the colt was completely blocked. His cry quickly faded as he was blown away, unable to fight the heavy winds. Silver tried to go after him, but she couldn't make any headway against the storm, finally going inside and falling to the floor, praying that her son could survive.

Midnight struggled against the winds desperately, his voice lost as he called for his mother. He started going down in his attempt to get to slower, more manageable winds. This was a mistake. The next thing he knew, he hit the side of a cliff, and everything went dark.

The pegasus woke with a sharp pain in his side, bruised from the crash. "Hello?" He called out, checking where he was. The trees looked darker that he'd seen in the pictures, with thorned vines among some of them. He looked up to the sky, seeing a cloud moving across above the area. "Hey! Can you help me?" He shouted to whoever was moving it, and galloped to catch up. There was nopony pushing the cloud. "Oh, no..." Midnight whimpered softly. "I'm in the Everfree Forest..."

Author's Note:

If you have any suggestions about the writing here, feel free to tell me, but please be polite about it.